65 Mustang

Started by enjenjo, June 17, 2013, 09:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I got one of the stainless roof rails installed. I would have gotten them both done, but there were too many distractions. A guy stopped by to pick up some parts he bought on Craigslist, his dad came with him, he was an old street racing buddy that I had not seen in years, so we had to catch up.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I got the other roof rail installed along with the weatherstrip, and got most of one door put together.

I also started making a transmission adapter to adapt a 2005 Mustang V6 T6 to a 235 Chevy six in a 4x4 pickup. I am also building a shifter that will come through the same hole in the floor as the SM465 4 speed

enjenjo

I got that door finished, and started on the other one. Today I installed the right quarter window, made new vinyl covers for the inner rocker panels, and worked on cleaning the windshield and rear window trim.

enjenjo

I got the left quarter window rebuilt and installed. installed the E brake handle and cable. For some reason the trunk weatherstrip has come loose, so that has to be done over :cry: I also installed the rest of the heater box, and converted it to a deluxe heater to match the wiring.

jaybee

Making good headway I'd say.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Looks like it ought to be ready to play in the sun this summer!? Gettin close ...
Matt

enjenjo

I cleaned the pinchweld around the windshield, painted it, reglued the headliner and vinyl roof, and installed the trim clips, all ready to put the windshield in. I also rebuilt the right vent window, and assembled the door. All the glass is in now except the windshield, and rear window.

kb426

Frank, you've described a whole bunch of PITA jobs. I hope the owner knows how much work you have to do to make this good. Everyone that has done this before knows what has to be completed so the car is good. I wonder if a non car guy realizes how much more work it takes the second time rather than the first?
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"Frank, you've described a whole bunch of PITA jobs. I hope the owner knows how much work you have to do to make this good. Everyone that has done this before knows what has to be completed so the car is good. I wonder if a non car guy realizes how much more work it takes the second time rather than the first?

No they don't. And for the most part they won't notice that the windows don't leak water or air, but they would cuss me if they did.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "kb426"Frank, you've described a whole bunch of PITA jobs. I hope the owner knows how much work you have to do to make this good. Everyone that has done this before knows what has to be completed so the car is good. I wonder if a non car guy realizes how much more work it takes the second time rather than the first?

QuoteNo they don't. And for the most part they won't notice that the windows don't leak water or air, but they would cuss me if they did.

But it shows the difference between the guy that "restored" it the first time & the work that is being done now ....PRIDE.... :b-d:

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

34ford

Just curious as to why the whole car wasn't painted before the assembly.

enjenjo

Quote from: "34ford"Just curious as to why the whole car wasn't painted before the assembly.

Money. She can't afford a paint job right now.

enjenjo

I repaired the backer board for the door panels today. There were several trim clip holes that had broken out, and would no longer hold a clip. I cut thin plastic to the shape of the clip hole, and worked them between the backer and the foam. I then filled in the broken out holes in the  backer board with JB Quikweld to hold the plastic in place. I think this will work after a little dressing.

I also finished regluing the vinyl top down, and installed all the trim clips for the windshield and rear window.

I had to do some reshaping of the rear of the reproduction front fenders to make them fit the cowl properly. Just a minor tweak, but they fit much better now.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"I repaired the backer board for the door panels today. There were several trim clip holes that had broken out, and would no longer hold a clip. I cut thin plastic to the shape of the clip hole, and worked them between the backer and the foam. I then filled in the broken out holes in the  backer board with JB Quikweld to hold the plastic in place. I think this will work after a little dressing.

I also finished regluing the vinyl top down, and installed all the trim clips for the windshield and rear window.

I had to do some reshaping of the rear of the reproduction front fenders to make them fit the cowl properly. Just a minor tweak, but they fit much better now.

Again...Little things that will never be seen  or noticed by "regular" people ... But you can sleep well knowing it left your hands "right" .... );b(

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

I am finally back on the Mustang. I had the windshield and rear glass installed last thursday by a pro. He did both, by himself, in less than an hour.
So now I am installing the interior, dash pad, ect. I will hang and adjust the doors before I do the front fenders and headlights.