65 Mustang

Started by enjenjo, June 17, 2013, 09:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

So far today I have the windshield and rear window trim installed, the dash pad installed, and all the pinchweld trim on. I am installing the carpet next.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I worked all day on the carpet, still have some to do. I did get some small things done, including the rear seat.

enjenjo

I have been chasing electrical gremlins all day today. Blower motor wired backwards, no ground on the wiper motor, blown fuse in the dash light circuit. I also finished wiring the radio, and installed the instrument panel, without scratching the dash I might add.

Once I hang the doors and front fenders, it will be done.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "enjenjo"Once I hang the doors and front fenders, it will be done.

Theres that four letter word ... "done". Not a cuss word unless used in a sentence with "when"!

Nice work. I bet you're glad to be at this stage.
Matt

enjenjo

Yesterday I started installing the front seats, piece of cake, right? All the seat adjuster tracks were frozen up, not by rust, but sand blasting sand and petrified grease. I started cleaning tracks about noon, finished with the seats about 730.

jaybee

That's what you get for saying you're "almost done."   :)

Even though the owner can't afford a full build (and maybe doesn't want one) he should be really happy with this car when he gets it back. Just the floor repairs you did will probably make it feel like a whole new car. Even if you don't realize why all that body flex translates into a car that doesn't drive well.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

I got the right door hung, I'm not sure this is the right door. It fits like a Falcon door after 3 hours of adjusting. :shock:

enjenjo

With Josh's help, we got the door to fit better today, it looks decent now, and put the right front fender on. I also rebuilt another T5 today.

enjenjo

Both doors and front fenders are on. It would be done, but I have been really busy lately.

enjenjo

Tomorrow fire up, and it will be done.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"Tomorrow fire up, and it will be done.

GOOD LUCK

fire up day is always fun

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

I still haven't fired it. I ran into some electrical problems, and have not had time to sort them out yet

enjenjo

This weekend I had a chance to fix the electrical problems. I cranked it saturday evening for the first time. I could not get any fuel, I checked the fuel pump, and it was not working. No one in the area had one, and today was the soonest I could get one. I put the pump on this afternoon, and as soon as it got fuel, it fired right up. I set the timing and the carb, topped off all the fluids, and it's done. Friday appointment for alignment.

enjenjo

I had the alignment done, took the car for a drive, it drives nice. I called the owner to come pick it up.

jaybee

Excellent...another satisfied customer!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)