65 Mustang

Started by enjenjo, June 17, 2013, 09:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I got some of the powder coating back. What you see in the picture cost $90 to coat
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I got the engine painted today, and started putting it together.Pictures when it's done. I'm still cleaning parts to paint too.

sirstude

You sure have better power coating prices there than we do.  I had the hinges and springs for the Olds done (6 pieces), and it cost me 145 bucks.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

The engine is mostly together after painting. I can now move on to something else until the other parts come in. It's all done in the stock colors.

The harmonic balancer is bad, about half the rubber is missing out of it, that will be in monday. No one in the area had carburetor base gaskets, those will be in tuesday. I guess carb gaskets are no longer a big demand item

kb426

Been a long time since I saw gold valve covers. I know my 64 Fairlane had them but I don't remember about any of the 65 and 6 Mustangs I've owned. Looks good , Frank.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

my 65 fastback had gold valvecovers.

enjenjo

After the NATS, I got back on the Mustang.  After getting under the car, and doing a close inspection, I found they did very little welding on the floor pans Where they connect to the front and rear rails, and no welding at all on the bottom of the pans to the trans tunnel. So I spent a full day removing the sealer that had been put in the seams, and two days welding the pans in properly. One more day for cleanup, and sealer, and a day for paint and undercoating. That shot a week.

I pulled the rear end out of the red car, it was rebuilt last year, cleaned it up, painted it,and installed it with new springs and shocks. I also changed the spindles, and front spring perches.

I am now preping the engine compartment for paint, so I can install the engine.

kb426

Aren't you glad you don't own the shop that did the floor install.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Wow, as much as those cars depend on that area of the floor for their overall strength that was truly shoddy work. Good catch and once you found the floor pan and rail issues I'll bet you felt you just couldn't in good conscience send it back out the door that way.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

Quote from: "jaybee"Wow, as much as those cars depend on that area of the floor for their overall strength that was truly shoddy work. Good catch and once you found the floor pan and rail issues I'll bet you felt you just couldn't in good conscience send it back out the door that way.

I told the customer that I would not finish the car unless I could fix it properly.

chimp koose

wow .I can not imagine how someone would think carriage bolts would hold a unibody car together.

Crosley.In.AZ

the Mustang floor you are doing now... looks like my Falcon floor pans in the front. I ''mig - spot'' welded them back in.  Where ever I drilled an OEM spot weld out, it was mig welded back.... plus a few more.

Rust Bullet is floor covering on my Falcon, seam sealer and roofing tar is on the under side
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

The Mustang is moving along. I am just about ready to install the engine and trans.I installed the rear emergency brake cables, and the exhaust starting from the rear as far as the mufflers. I made new trunk floor extensions for both sides, primed and painted the trunk with spatter paint. It came out looking pretty nice. I installed the new fuel tank and lines, and have installed all the brake lines in Cupernickle. The engine compartment is painted satin black. Tonight I primed the inside of the floor, I want to paint that tomorrow.

chimp koose

beautiful work.client should be pleased

enjenjo

I have the engine in, the floor primed and painted, and most of the sound deadener down. Brakes are all in and plumbed, still need bleeding. The parts pile is getting smaller.