Mind Boggling 2

Started by enjenjo, February 15, 2004, 07:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonSez

Not much changed since the last Mind Boggling post - still working at the same place, still married to the same girl and still building my '32 Tudor !

Track-T

Holy crap, Has everyone posted here but me????
Out of work signmaker here.Plastic fabrication and vinyl application mainly
Had my own shop for 12 years doing sandblasted and routed signs.
Looking into moving to Texas and go in with a buddy doing street rods and
general welding. Part of the company will be doing mirrored firewalls with
about 7 colors choices.

MYRIDE

I'm a medical photographer and will probably be dead before I get a chance to retire!   :?
"T*ts or Tires....both will cause you problems"   -Mainstreet Cruisers-
                     http://members.shaw.ca/mainstreetcruisers/

toad32

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "toad32"
...  I also freelance with House of Kolor and their digital paint booth program.  
Toad

You're too modest, Carter!  ...It's OK to tell everyone YOU conceived, developed, and did all the programming of the Digital Paint Booth Program.

I met you at NSRA-York, and was very impressed by you, your talents, and your program!
:b-d:

Thanks Bruce for the kind words.  I do remember meeting you at York.  I meet so many people this past summer, but I do remember meeting you and having good conversation.

Hope to see some of you all on the road this summer.

Carter

SimonSez

Quote from: "Crosley"======= so i guess you are in a rut or just cruisin?

:wink:

I think I'm cruising along in a rut ?

moe

Well, first off Im a newbie here having just discovered the board....

By day, Im a Journeyman Welder (In Canada=schooling required) and I work in the oil and gas industry. Lots of Tig work with aluminum and stainless. Plans for the future are to move into a Machinists trade (schooling reqiured) as my lungs probably resemble charcoal brickets from all the welding ... Welding and Machinist go hand in hand.

By night (when its aint 30 below), I work on several projects here including 35 and 41 Ford Flathead powered cars, and a 41 Studebaker truck (future drag race project).

Am currently negotiating on my next project which is a fully retored 40 Deluxe Tudor. (I havent pryed it out of the fellows hands yet)

If I ever get ahold of the 40, it will be Updated with a 2x2 offy intake and offenhauser heads, tinted glass, lowered front suspension and a set of center line rims.

Dave

Tool maker machine builder machine repair etc etc..
Dave :)

timkins

I am a double retiree. Two years ago I retired from the Army Reserves as a Command Sgt Major of a Battalion of Drill Instructors. One year ago I retired from the local Gas and Electric as a Foreman of Underground Locators and Corrosion Control Technicians. I am currently working on my fourth Street Rod. I started with a T Bucket then went to a 29 2dr Sedan and then to a 32 Hi Boy Roadster which I traded for my current project, a 32 2dr all steel sedan. This one here has been a real learning experience. The guy I traded with definitely got the best of the deal. :twisted: Hopefully I am ready now for the upcoming street rodding season as I have just been offered a part time job back in the Dig Safe Industry.

jakesbackyard

I've been reading this site for a long time and this seemed like the perfect
time to post and introduce myself. I teach Auto Body at the ND State College of Science in Wahpeton. I do upholstery work in a shop in my backyard during off hours and summers. I've been into cars since I was 8 years old (54 now) and was into hot rods under my late brothers arm at an early age. The sad thing is that some of those old cars I've had were pretty new when I had them.

Current driver is a mild custom 63 1/2 Galaxie and after being without a hot rod for 5 years am building a new Model A with early 60's flavor right now. And there is usually some nice rod sitting in my shop for an interior or top.

It's always great seeing what's going on at the RRT.

Check out my website if you get a chance:  

http://www.geocities.com/ndjakester/

Thanks,

Jake
Jake

jaybee

That applies to any of those who have taken this opportunity to introduce yourselves or come out of a lurking mode.

Jake, you do good work!  Wouldn't ask you to give up any trade secrets, but I'd love to learn more of what you do and how you do it.  Please feel free to show off any projects you're pleased with.

Then again we sometimes have the best times around here sharing things that didn't work.   :D
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

jakesbackyard

Quote from: "jaybee"That applies to any of those who have taken this opportunity to introduce yourselves or come out of a lurking mode.

Jake, you do good work!  Wouldn't ask you to give up any trade secrets, but I'd love to learn more of what you do and how you do it.  Please feel free to show off any projects you're pleased with.

Then again we sometimes have the best times around here sharing things that didn't work.   :D

Here are some recent pics that haven't been posted to my site yet. One is a Glide 50/50 seat I just finished in Ultra Leather that goes into a Rod Bods 32 Roadster that is being built at Hot Rods and Trim in Mooreton, ND.
I'm currently making a headliner and trim panels in the yellow 41 coupe in the backround.

The other two are my own current project - a 1929 Sport Coupe that will be early 60's style. I had a set of 1960 Ford small hubcaps and always wanted to put them on a rod with chrome reverse wheels. So I'm spending thousands to use up a set of worthless hubcaps. Typical rodder stuff.....

Hopefully I can attach them....

Jake
http://www.geocities.com/ndjakester/
Jake

parklane

Name's John, and I am a semi retired swimming pool & spa dealer. I would be fully retired except I have to show up once a week to sign the pay cheques, and grab my own. Right now we are working on a 56 Ford Parklane, which is a 2door wagon that Ford brought out to compete with the Nomad.
When filling out my personal info, under sex, I wasn't sure wether to put down "male" or "occasionally"  :?

John
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Anonymous

I suppose I'll take a turn! I work as a brake technician in a fairly busy shop. It's not a dream job, but it pays the bills and gives me a place to do heavy work on my cars when I need it! I see brake pads in my sleep after nearly ten years of doing this! lol!

Sal

moparrodder

Well here's my $.02 worth.  Was born and raised and worked on a farm and started driving truck when I was 14, dad had a truck line as well as farmed. Since dad retired I have been drining truck at the local Grain Elevator going on 21 years now. I love cars and am in the process of buying some property from my mother where my sons and I will be building a new shop to build rods and do classic and muscle car restoriation work. I've been blessed with a son that does body work and our youngest is a mechanic and our oldest works as a salesman in a GM dealership now and gets us parts when we need them, also my wife, Gail, does upolstry work so I guess it's going to be a Family business.   :D    We have built a couple in the past and currently have 9 projects of our own to do and some for close friends to do, I just glad nobody is in no hurry!!  Bill

HOTRODSRJ

Okay, I'll add to the fray.  

I am retired from a large telecom company that I helped found in the 90s and formed my own pandemonium company that offers engineering and consulting work in the automotive specialty aftermarket parts segment.  Originally from INDY but living large in GA these days.

I am working on a new endeavor for bringing high quality family oriented car and bike shows to different interesting places.  My first one is doing great with advertisers, vendors and participants buggin the heck out of me but those a good problems to have at this point.  Check out www.indycruise.com

Next project(s) will be a muscle car of some sort.  Looking for a GTO convertible to start on.
STEVE "JACKSTANDS" JACK