Mind Boggling 2

Started by enjenjo, February 15, 2004, 07:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk35

I work for Child Welfare with the Department of Human Services.

This is why it takes so long for me to save up enough money to buy any parts.

Im also originally in the infantry, and am now a Drill Sergant in the Army Reserves.

Dirk35

Quote from: "timkins"I am a double retiree. Two years ago I retired from the Army Reserves as a Command Sgt Major of a Battalion of Drill Instructors.

Hey there SGM. What division, and where?
Im a E-7 with the 95th in Norman Oklahoma. Just came back from a year deployment at Ft Sill yelling at Joe. Ive also trained Pvts at Ft Knox, and Ft. Jackson.

Gambler

Quote from: "JGross"My current project is the 51 Kaiser that I have painted myself into a corner with.  I really envy some of you guys and the mechanical backgrounds that you have.  I really would have loved to gotten into the machinist line.  Your knowledge has helped me on this current project.  When I finally retire, I plan to work on my projects and learn more.

What kind of Kaiser? Car or Truck?  I just bought a 68 Kaiser Jeep J3000 Gladiator with a Vigilante 327 in it.
-Ryan

JGross

Quote from: "Gambler"
Quote from: "JGross"My current project is the 51 Kaiser that I have painted myself into a corner with.  I really envy some of you guys and the mechanical backgrounds that you have.  I really would have loved to gotten into the machinist line.  Your knowledge has helped me on this current project.  When I finally retire, I plan to work on my projects and learn more.

What kind of Kaiser? Car or Truck?  I just bought a 68 Kaiser Jeep J3000 Gladiator with a Vigilante 327 in it.
-Ryan

Ryan-  I sold my 38 chev cpe and ran across this one in a garage in the mountains here where I live.  It is a 51 Kaiser 2 door.  It was grandpas car, he bought it new and when he died in 1964, they put it in the garage on blocks where it sat until I got it.  Took it home, poured gas down the carb, jumped it with a 12v and it started right up.  Not a ding or dent in the car, just the damage from sitting for almost 40 years.  I have subframed it with an S10 stub (Mistake!!) and have a 350 with a 700r going in it.  Just finished the chasis last weekend, now am letting the body down to see what I have to do to the firewall.  This is the newest streetrod I have ever owned, it is so ugly it is kinda neat.  Has the heart shaped windshield with the sunvisor.

Jud

Gambler

Quote from: "JGross"

Ryan-  I sold my 38 chev cpe and ran across this one in a garage in the mountains here where I live.  It is a 51 Kaiser 2 door.  It was grandpas car, he bought it new and when he died in 1964, they put it in the garage on blocks where it sat until I got it.  Took it home, poured gas down the carb, jumped it with a 12v and it started right up.  Not a ding or dent in the car, just the damage from sitting for almost 40 years.  I have subframed it with an S10 stub (Mistake!!) and have a 350 with a 700r going in it.  Just finished the chasis last weekend, now am letting the body down to see what I have to do to the firewall.  This is the newest streetrod I have ever owned, it is so ugly it is kinda neat.  Has the heart shaped windshield with the sunvisor.

Jud

Ah, I know what youre talking about. There's one in the junkyard down the road of around that vintage.  Pics?

JGross

Quote from: "Gambler"
Quote from: "JGross"

Jud

Ah, I know what youre talking about. There's one in the junkyard down the road of around that vintage.  Pics?

Yes, I have a few that I will try to send if I can figure it out.  I will give it a try this weekend.

Skip

I'm a "retired" computer hardware engineer.  Compaq (they bought Digital Equipment Corp, where I worked) saw fit to mke me redundant after 29 years and, since I qualified, they oficcially made it a "retirement" instead.

Now I'm a mechanic in a collision repair shop.  Hey, what the heck, I did it full time for 9 years before college and part time for another 31 years so why not go back to doing it full time?
Skip

Early Hemi SME
Hot Rod Wiring Consulting

timkins

Quote from: "Dirk35"
Quote from: "timkins"I am a double retiree. Two years ago I retired from the Army Reserves as a Command Sgt Major of a Battalion of Drill Instructors.

Hey there SGM. What division, and where?
Im a E-7 with the 95th in Norman Oklahoma. Just came back from a year deployment at Ft Sill yelling at Joe. Ive also trained Pvts at Ft Knox, and Ft. Jackson.

OzRod

how big can this post get????

old32

We could start by now showing pics of our cars

Here is mine

Thanks for the pic Carps.
:twisted:  :twisted: The Older I Get The Faster I Was :twisted:  :twisted:

49monarch

I fix those brown trucks that seem to be everywhere. My name is Dennis and I live in sunny So. Cal.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "49monarch"I fix those brown trucks that seem to be everywhere. My name is Dennis and I live in sunny So. Cal.

Welcome Dennis!  I have a question :?:   Do you wear those famous shorts  :P  8)
Debb

brianangus

I'm a design engineer, specializing in prototype machinery and automation. Check out my web page at www.rupnowdesign.com

Dolly

I'm a fashion model.
Also have my own publishing company, you may have seen our products, targeted to young ladies ad using my name as the title.

Currently I'm on vacation in Australia, where I've been spending time with my freinds and hiding from a nasty stalker, who thinks he's my boyfreind.

Next week I'lll be returning to Europe where I'll be doing the F1 racing circuit with my real boyfriend.
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Carps

Me?

I'm a senior executive for a large multi national car maker.

My department is responsible for product training and publications.  Thus we live with each new car from concept until the end of it's life in order that we can teach everybody who needs to know anything about them whatever it is they needs to know.  From how to fix it, to how to sell it and what colour the bolt that holds the phooofer valve in the whatzit was before it faded to the colour it is now.  

I'm also currently working with a small team on a special project' which will be revealed next year.

For fun, I like to play with old cars, race sprintcars, dragsters or hot rods, take photos, publish stories, draw twisted lines on things, build model cars and a whole lot more.  Usually all my leisuretime activities are somehow linked back to my passion for stuff with wheels and an internal combustion engine.  However, being a full blooded male person, I'm also a believer that sex, not racing or cruising IS the most fun you can have in a car.   :wink:

retirement would allow me to do many more things I currently struggle to find time for, however having recently given the subject a great deal of consideration, I'm not yet ready for that or the lifestyle that accompanies it.  However, I have 'slowed down' a bit, in order to maintain my well being and avoid premature retirement or worse.  

PS - I also like to travel to caar events all over the planet and give the locals plenty of grierf..   :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.