Mind Boggling 2

Started by enjenjo, February 15, 2004, 07:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalopy32

Hello- just re registered- my name is bob meek- fire fighter - driver- top alchohol dragster - owner top alch. funny car. Bit of an adrenalin junkie. Hope to lear some things on this sight. thks.

Dennis the Menace

Hi. My Name is Dennis and I work for Uncle Sam as a Civilian Worker and I'm a retired Deputy Sheriff.  8)
Photo Guy: WWW.hotrodhotline.com
Dennis  8)

47wood

I spent my life in the commercial radio station business ...plus 30 years in the Army Reserve.  Retired 4 years ago and scratched an itch ...sold the house, put everything in storage, bought a boat and took it to Mexico for a year.  Been back 2 1/2 and started getting the itch to pick up with hot rods where I left off which drafted at 21.  Life is good!
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Leon

Lets do it.

I'm retired from the U.S. government, I maintained the air traffic control computers and the video operations at the Navy's China Lake facility in California.  Now I work on cars, and build buildings to put everything in (when I'm not doing housework :wink: )

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Leon"(when I'm not doing housework :wink: )

I can just picture Sharon crackin that whip on you right now!  :shock: YIKES... thats a scary image  :lol:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Brootal

I'm thinking I should just post my resume on here...

I'm 36 and have worked in the IT industry for the last 10 years or so. Chucked my job in just before Christmas because I just wasn't happy any more with going nowhere and not enjoying my work.

Currently looking for something new. Contemplating other industries, but it's difficult when all of your experience is in IT. I figure if you've got to spend so much time every day working, you might as well try and do something you enjoy, and I really don't get too excited working with computers.

So, the search is on. I also do some freelance photojournalist stuff for Larry's magazine (Aust Street Rodding) and would love to be able to go further with that, but it's difficult to see a full time job coming out of it. We'll see though...

Married with no kids, although they are definitely in our future... after I get my Hot Rod. :)

Carps... found me a job yet??
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

47convert

Electrician by trade,  Maintenance manager for one of the big three. Retired 3 years ago and let them talk me into going back for a year(Pension + Paycheck) Now I'm re-retired and planning to make it stick this time around. Sold my 47 convert and I have a 60 ElCamino that's fun to drive, but not old enough so I'm thinking about starting on a 34 Ford coupe.

Fat Cat

About to be unemployed Customer Service rep

DrChop

I'm a 35 year old self-taught mechanic/body/fabricator. Currently self-employed, working in a buddy's garage, mostly odd hours because of chasing parts during the day or insomnia at night. Friends say I do my best work in the wee hours of the night.

Was in a relationship for the past 7 years, not anymore, other than to maintain the most important part of that relationship, my daughter Shannon. Long-time RRT'ers will remember the baby pool, back when the site was maintained by Cybercruzin.com. Hard to believe I've been hanging out with everybody here all that time, having fun talking cars both online and at the shows. BTW, Shannon turns 6 this Wednesday, we are finally going to go to Chuck E. Cheese for a birthday bash!

Past projects include my mid-motored hotrod experiment, using Eldorado mechanicals, and my '28 Ford 4x4 tudor sedan/truck/roadster project, which was also my daily driver. Current projects are my '75 Kawie H1F chopper project, a '79 Chevy truck with tons of body mods and Caddy 500 powertrain, and of course the '54 Ford Customline tudor that I have dubbed the Kustomsledd.

I'm currently residing in the Chesterton, IN area, close to the rest of my family. I hate the winters around here, but it's home and the Indiana Dunes are only a couple miles from my place...

Any of y'all ever get out this neck of the woods, and want to stop by, BS, check out the projects, or need help/repairs...ring me at (219) 926-8802 and ask for Jay.  Does'nt matter if you never met me, if you're on this board you are like family, that's how much I appreciate this board and all who are on it.

Doc

Carps

Quote from: "Brootal"Married with no kids, although they are definitely in our future... after I get my Hot Rod. :)

Isn't eighty years old a bit late to be having your first child?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

BarryM

Previously: Gas well tender, equiptment and truck mechanic, truck owner operator, stone mason, carpenter, electrician, logger,  :roll: lineman, farmer and master of none.
Now: Mr mom sawmiller and part time whatever I can find.
Future: Thank god for social security, uh, it'll still be there in 17 years if I am, right?

Gambler

unemployed Land Surveyor (crew chief).  Baby due:TOMORROW.

if I was smart, I would have apprenticed myself 10 years ago to my grandfather, who owns a tool and die/injection molding shop in CT..but who's thinkin ahead at 18? :wink:

Gambler

Quote from: "Dr Chop"

Past projects include my mid-motored hotrod experiment, using Eldorado mechanicals, and my '28 Ford 4x4 tudor sedan/truck/roadster project, which was also my daily driver. Current projects are my '75 Kawie H1F chopper project, a '79 Chevy truck with tons of body mods and Caddy 500 powertrain, and of course the '54 Ford Customline tudor that I have dubbed the Kustomsledd.

Wow...I'd like to see pics of the H1 CHopper..thats a mean 2-stroke. I have a 72 350 MachII in pieces..

mrloboy

I own and operate a street rod fabrication facility in southern Manitoba in western Canada. I have been building streetrods and custom cars since the mid '70's.

In the past, I also operated a agricultural equipment manufacturing company, which was abandoned due to the economic depression in Canadian Agriculture over the past five years.

The market in Canada is small in comparison to the US mainly due to the population  numbers, but with lower living expenses, the end result is fulfilling. Our customer base reaching a radius of 1000 miles to the east and west and dabbles slightly into Minnesota and North Dakota.

I enjoy travelling throughout North America attending street rod events and meeting fellow rodders. That is the spirit of the hobby! I have met some wonderful friends on my journeys, many who are present on this site.

I hope to meet more of you over the next few seasons, providing the authorities will permit my border crossing to the south! rj

ponchotom89

Hi all, been lurking here for years, thought I`d take the opportunity to give you some of my background. I am currently 54years old and am currently a NYS Corrections Officer.(2nd career)Years ago I recieved my Associates degree in Civil Technology, worked as a " Field Engineer' for Republic Steel Corp for 13 yrs. It closed down and I recieved my retirement money in a lump sum.($2500)I bounced around as a Project Manager for various companies for 12 years.I took the test and became a Corrections Officer in 94.I`ve always been interested in cars of various styles and types. Back in the 70`s I got into SCCA road racing.Raced in their new class called Showroom Stock,I did that until 1981 with reasonable success. Went to the National run offs at Road Atlanta in `77&78. Finished 4th in the country in 78. I have traded my interest in sports cars to street rods. I am currently building a 39 Pontiac Coupe, I plan on putting it on the road this spring and take it to various cruises in the area and some shows. :D
If it aint steel it aint real