Mind Boggling 2

Started by enjenjo, February 15, 2004, 07:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

QuoteOf course my first post after the test was called "Mind Bogglin" where I asked what profession everyone was in. The response was overwhelming to say the least...If that was asked now it would certainly be the longest post in history I think:-)...there's a lot more guys and gals here now.

Lets do it.

I am a heavy truck mechanic, for the next 7 months, and then I will be living a life of leisure, I retire in September. I plan on fooling with hot rods full time then. Hard to believe I have been here almost 7 years.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

I am a retired Industrial Arts Teacher (shop teacher).  I drive a school bus route twice a day and I work on hot rods.  My wife says I donate my time to other peoples projects.  I have a friend who is retired and he spends a good part of the day with me.  We either work on one of the projects I have in the shop or we work on one of our own.  I have a lot of visitors everyday.  I am currently building a 1939 Chevy Coupe,  working on a Model A frame, building a 1954 Chevy for my wife, and getting my Dodge Dart ready for some bracket racing.  Life is good.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Jimc

Retired food processing materials handling foreman.
Curently have a part time job transporting cars for local auto group.
Building 1947 Ford coupe.
RRT and HAMB addict.

I do not know why I am not one of the visitors to WZJUNK's shop.
jim
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

enjenjo

QuoteI do not know why I am not one of the visitors to WZJUNK's shop.
jim

You're too classy? Naw that ain't it!

Jimc

Well Frank, I would like to think you were right.
But the truth is, some times I do nothing, and sometimes it takes me all day to do nothing.

Jim

enjenjo

Quote from: "Jimc"Well Frank, I would like to think you were right.
But the truth is, some times I do nothing, and sometimes it takes me all day to do nothing.

Jim

But jim, you do nothing so well :P

unklian

I'm a Tool and Die Maker.

My kind and generous employer thought I deserved
to have more spare time,so I find myself Unemployed. :shock:
It's hard to argue with somone who can turn a $50+ Million a year company into a $25 Million a year company,in a growing market.

Jimc

Frank,  That means so much, coming from you..

Jim

Jimc

GPster, how long have you been afflicted with this studdering malady?

Jim

Pope Downunder

I'm a Civil Engineer/Manager.  
I work in local government, and manage a department of around 50 professional/technical staff in a consulting environment.
http://www.lmc2.com

Slick 50

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteOf course my first post after the test was called "Mind Bogglin" where I asked what profession everyone was in. Lets do it.

I'm a contract structural designer. I design steel and concrete for heavy industrial projects. Currently unemployed (1 year today   :( )

We are impatiently awaiting delivery on a '50 Chevy P/U and slowly working on our '57 Caddy.
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

C9

I was a bulk power switching center operator for 34 years.
Retired in 96.
Interesting job and different every day.
Sometimes so interesting we couldn't hardly stand it - considering the lightning storms, dust storms, wind storms, salt storms and the like.
Earthquakes too.

I have a wide range of interests and stay busy most all day every day.
A little writing, a little roadster building, learning new things and enjoying life.

Kinda hanging out in limbo here till the house sells - looking good right now - and then it's off to sunny Arizona.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

bombcan

I am in the sign business.  Working as designer/engineer for a lighted sign company days, and have my own "vinyl signs" shop part time.  I can't imagine doing anything else for a living.

phat46

I'm still working at a steel rule die shop, same as the last 27 years. Currently in the QC area, (As in the only person doing it on two shifts) I get to do what we used to have three people doing, but it's the only way to keep the shop moving to Mexico, it's hard to compete with $45 a week pay. The company is Canadian owned, operates our shop in the U.S and we ship almost everything we make to Mexico  :lol:

Pep

Well it looks like Enjenjo want the record!!!!...I'll add my 2cents to help it along.

I'm a Telecommunications Engineer...been in the industry for nearly 37 years....I've seen a lot of changes in that time...I remember seeing the last morse code message being sent from the Sydney GPO around 1969..Now I work for an American company here in Australia. I am a national support engineer primarily involved in level 2 support for complex transmission and switching  faults. I was the first technical employee contracted by the company in Australia in 1997.
See Ya
Pep