Mind Boggling 2

Started by enjenjo, February 15, 2004, 07:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Quote from: "nzsimon"I live in the best country in the world with 2 cats and a shed that is never big enough

Hmmmm, how can this be when that's where I live?  Have you moved from that shakey little island off the easy coast of "Godzonecountry"?

Although you're welcome to the two bloody cats!   :wink:

On another note, I haven't forgotten about the tailamps.  Just having trouble locating a pair.  However, when I do, I think we can do a deal.  How's a straight swap sound... one 1959 Fender Strat for the lamps.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

nzsimon

a 59 huh I used to have a 63 I sold it as they don't actually play that well

I now have a levinson blade which is made by a guy I know in switzerland if your serious about guitars I can always do you a hell deal on a Carvin made in the US

I think you are confused about the location of godzone in fact god was so keen on keeping people out of Oz he surounded it with stingy bity things then for good measure he threw a few nasty things in a thousand differant formats on the land as well
If it wasn't for some of the best judges in britain the place would be deserted and skippy would never have been a film star
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

autocol

i guess i'll chuck in my two bob.

i started mechanical engineering at uni. i got a job pwrking part time selling 3D mechanical engineering software (autodesk inventor for those familiar with the field). i worked for that company for a number of years before they carked it as a result of dodgy management. i went out on my own and contracted my skills to various companies, for a bit over a year.

then one day one of my clients had me help them with a sale not far from my house, to a contract engineering firm. turns out the owner of said firm wanted to get into the go kart market. turns out that i had some experience in the go-kart field already, both from a hobby and professional perspective. so you could say my presentation went pretty well. they bought the software that day.

i went in to start the "training" two weeks later, and became immediately suspicious that i might have a new job. one very short discussion later, ie:

"how much do you want"
"$X per annum"
"okay"

i was the engineering-manager/chief-engineer/draftsman/NC-programmer (depending on the time of day) for a brand new (and commercially as yet unheard of) go-kart company.

like carps, a guy like me couldn't have a better job. in my case, that means that i play with computers, NC lathes, mills, and benders, all day, designing a product i love, and giving me access to all sorts of machinery that i can use in my hobby, all while making a good dollar, in a 15 minute peak-hour drive from my house!!!

lovin' it...

by the way everyone, the mythical carps works for toyota.

he seemed to neglect to mention that!  :wink:

btrc

I'm Chief Engineer for the largest specialized trailer company in the US.  we build everything from small 6,000 lb capacity utility trailers to very large trailers for hauling transformers, stamping presses, etc.  Our largest being a 950,000 lb capacity, 128 wheeled monster for legally moving down the interstate a 85' long X 22' diameter autoclave for delivery to a gold mine.
I too enjoy my job but often I wish I could do something with a little less responsibility.  I think I'd like to work at a parts store as a counterman who might know something about cars and be willing to help people.  But then I don't think they ever hire those types.
Bob

chopped

[  Sort of retired construction mgr. (Have a younger wife who makes good money) Contracted myself out the last couple years in Ga. looking to hook up with someone here in Fl. Have the chopped 36 chevy sedan that may never get finished cause we now drive it everywhere. Working on another 36 sedan.Didn't know squat about cars three years ago, now know enough to get myself in trouble.  :D

Ohio Blue Tip

Currently an Engineer for General Dynamics and plan to retire in about 2.5 years.  I manage the configuration of the Bradley Fighting Vehicle transmission and turret drive system, which we build in Muskegon.  In past life's I've worked as a toolmaker, mechanic, safety engineer and business owner.
Current projects are a 1933 Dodge Coupe and a 1927 T or something that will go on the T frame.  Haven't done much on the rods lately but hope that changes soon.  When I retire more is planed.
Other hobbies include radio controlled models, golf, camping and honey do list.  I'm interested in just about everything except rap music.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Dolly

Quote from: "autocol"by the way everyone, the mythical carps works for the world's second biggest car maker.

I wouldn't call him mythical sweetie, he's every inch a real and genuine human being!  

Quotehe seemed to neglect to mention that!  :wink:

That's coz he doesn't like to boast  :wink:
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

SKR8PN

Self employed auto tech,with over 30 years experience in a variety of shops.I was ASE certified in every area,including body/paint and Heavy trucks.Also was a certified Master Chrysler Tech as well.My specialty is in Chrysler products and my shop is here at home. Started out in a frame and alignment shop,been on the line in 3 different dealerships, even been a service manager for awhile :twisted: Last dealership I worked for screwed every line tech they had,out of flat rate hours and when I caught them at it,I left. Figured I could stay home and lose money!
Wife works for the local hospital in medical records and LOVES it.
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Bob K

I own an Independent Insurance Agency in a small (10,000) town in North Central Wisconsin. Been at this business for 39 years, first 3 with Allstate in Milwaukee and then here in Antigo for the last 36. Don't plan on retireing any time soon. Maggie is not going to retire until 2010, maybe then. Love my job couldn't see doing anything else other than being in the shop working on the cars. Don't think I'd like to do that all the time though.

B :mrgreen: B

What happened to the beer toasting Emoticon ??????????? We need to have that back.

BTW.  I like the new format.
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

bdrake

I'm an illustrator/artist working at Purdue University to pay the bills, play around with some hotrod art on the side. Building my truck keeps me in the garage so drawing board time has been pretty short lately.

I know a few sculptures sculpting rods and customs too. :D
Bill

sirstude

I am currently a system adminsitrator (whatever that is) and have been here for the last 20 years.  Spent the 15 or so years before that wrenching for a living.

Finished? car: 1965 Impala SS with a 502/502 and Richmond 5 speed

Under construction: 1941 Olds 76 fastback.  Blown 454 right now, but not sure if I will keep the blower.

Future project: 1934 Ford Vicky that has not been chopped or had the roof filled, Rma Jet 350, MII, Triangulated 4 bar.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

MikeC

I am vice President of Sales for the largest hardwood plywood importer in N. America.  We bring in plywood from Russia, West Africa, S. America, SE Asia, China, etc.  Also sell a lot of hardwood veneers to the domestic harwood plywood manufacturers here.
Been doing almost the same thing since college graduation some 30 years or so.
Building my first rod since high school.  1939 Chevy 2-door sedan.

Retirement is too far away and the 401K has still got a long way to go.  Married for 30 years this June to Loretta, the love of my life. 2 kids in college now, with the end in sight!
More $ for the rod soon...

41ChevyTrucker

I'm a software developer who builds finance software using Microsoft technologies.

I am 30 yrs old. My wife stays at home with our almost two year old daughter our now 4 wk old! daughter. I try to sneak out in my garage a couple hours a week to work on my truck.  Photos here: http://www.l3x.com  

I frequent the RRT, HAMB and Stovebolt forums since I am on a 'puter all day! This is the board that got me hooked though so I like to post here first.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I am the assistant to the Sales Manager for our local cable company.  I do all the daily paperwork for the sales team, along with their payroll, including commissions.  I am on the computer all day long and once my job is complete my time is my own here at work.  Most days I can do my eight hours worth of work in 3 or 4 hours which leaves a bit of time to hang out here, the HAMB and a few other choice sites.

I also have a part time job, nites and weekends, at the local scrapbook store.  It's a block from my day job which makes it very convienant to go from one to the other.  I have been averaging approx 25 hours there per week.  Not only do they pay pretty decent for part time work but the discount on my scrapbooking supplies is AWESOME!  :D  I'm trying not to spend alot there and save for a top for Big Olds.  

A couple times per month I sell my hand painted ladies clothing at art and crafts shows in the metro Detroit area.  It gives me my extra summertime cruzn money.

I "found" my first car related online site in Jan of 2000.  I can't remember exactly when I found the RRT, but I think it was shortly after the Franks took over.  I've met a TON of cool hot rod folks in the last 4 years.  Wow, it's hard to believe it's only been that short of a time.  Seems like I've know alot of you ALOT longer then that  :lol:

I'm looking forward to meeting alot more of you guys this upcoming summer.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Fuzzy

I'm a Machine operator for the second largest office furniture manufacturer in the world.I run rollform equipment and large presses.I've worked there for almost 16 years. :shock:
No billet for this kid!