Local gasoline prices

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, February 05, 2011, 03:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

$3.499 for ethanol blend $.13 more for regular unleaded. It's spiking big now, ethanol blend was 3.039 not very long ago.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

unklian

$3.59 last weekend in Detroit.

$1.30 a liter here.

river1

Twas $3.25.9 @ local costco today, didn't need gas but saw the sign

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

river1

Filled up today

Costco $3.25.9

later jim

Crosley.In.AZ

hmmm something is going on;

local to me Costco is 3.22-9  for a few daze now.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rrumbler

$3.46 yesterday when I got gas for the lawnmower.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Arnold

Ontario..pretty steady for months at about $1.30/L..what is that about $5.20 U.S Gal.

Diesel is about $1.40 L..ouch.

A lot of people switched to Propane for home heat.
 Sept. .41/ L..Dec. .86/L..Jan  1.13/L

Home heating oil..about $1.30L OUCH.

Natural Gas..they just got their approval fast tracked..in effect in a month..wow! 40% increase approved.

phat46

Went to HF today and on the way back I noticed the gas prices had jumped about 27 cents. Up to $3.87. The station closest to my house was still $3.57. I pulled in and got gas, when I left their sign was at $3.85.

Crosley.In.AZ

Price here jumped to 3.32 a gallon.   Local Costco , hope it does not jump that much again.  8)
Tony

58 Yeoman

I heard on the news this am that IL is going to raise the state tax on gasoline by $.04/gallon.  The tax hasn't been raised since 1990.  Price of registration is going up also, but didn't say how much.  Still $3.58 in town.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

river1

Local costco fill up today $3.25.9

one local station has been $3.33.9 then $3.31.9 then $3.35.9 all within a day and a half

later jim

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I heard on the news this am that IL is going to raise the state tax on gasoline by $.04/gallon.  The tax hasn't been raised since 1990.  Price of registration is going up also, but didn't say how much.  Still $3.58 in town.

Well ...Scratch another state off my retirement list ... :roll:

WAIT ........ :shock:    I'm HERE already .... :evil:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Charlie Chops 1940

Saw a small article in the local fish wrap this morning that says gas is going to go up now because there is a shortage of ethanol due cold growing season last year and a shortage of tankers to haul the ethanol.

I have to admit that this would appear to win the most creative new excuse for greed that I've heard yet. Coincidentally, said shortage of ethanol would seem to come along at just in the nick of time  for that industry given there is talk of ending ethanol subsidies.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

I read something about that too Charlie.  The "skyrocketing cost of ethanol" isn't because of a corn shortage or the cost of corn. A simple google search tells that corn prices are lower this year than last.  Here's a quote from a farming trade magazine:
"USDA is currently estimating U.S. on-farm corn prices for 2013-14 marketing year in a range of $4.20-4.80 per bushel, or and average of $4.50 per bushel. The 2013-14 marketing year is for corn raised in 2013, and runs from September 1, 2013 through August 31, 2014. The estimated average U.S. on-farm market price for corn for the 2013-14 marketing year is far lower than the U.S. average corn price of $6.89 per bushel for 2012-13 marketing year, and is also well below the $6.22 per bushel average price for 2011-12, or $5.18 per bushel for the 2010-11."
That's backed up at many other places.  With planting season coming, many farmers are considering switching to soybeans from corn because of the glut and low prices.

I tried to understand the subsidy details but it's very complicated, involving trade-able credits for producers and different subsidies for blenders.  All that supposedly leaves the door open for opportunities to manipulate things to make the cost of ethanol appear to be more while also opening the door to pocket more profits.  Our wonderful government trying to manage our economy with their right hand and writing bad checks with their left hand.  

I didn't even look up the shortage of tanker trucks.  That sounds like an extremely weak excuse.  If the industry can't plan ahead and buy the trucks needed to support their production there must be some real idiots running things.  And if they are short, I'm sure there's a number of manufacturers of tanker trucks and unemployed drivers that would be glad to help them out.

For the life of me I can't figure out what was wrong with competition and free enterprise without government trying to micro-manage things they have no clue of understanding.

I've spent entirely too much time on this...Mr Grumpy is signing off. :wink:
George

Crosley.In.AZ

8 dollars a gallon.  110 octane  leaded
Tony