PhatRat (Jack Parker) injured

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, January 02, 2011, 08:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

Jack was injured on Christmas Eve when he inadvertently started it in gear while stanfing in front of it. It pinned him to the front garage wall and bowed it out. Very fortunately he was showing the new engine to his son and daughter. Jack Jr. hopped in and backed it off of Jack. Jack's pelvis was broken in 4 places. With this type of break a cast isn't in the cards so it just has to heal. He moved from the first hospital to the rehab facility on the 30th, where he called me to let me know what happened. I told some of the guys by e-mail but waited until I visited him yesterday to see if I could post it on our "home" board. He got internet today but is feeling pretty crappy so here I am posting.

Jack will be in rehab for at least 2 weeks and they do 5 days a week from 8AM to 3PM with a couple 2 hour breaks. He rests until supper and takes visitors after 5 or 6. He was hurting today. He's gonna make it though. He's another of those tough old geezers we all know and love.

I'm sure he would appreciate a card or two of encouragement and positive thoughts. Prayers would be good too.

Jack Parker - Room 472
Mercy Health Care Partners, Hackley Campus
1700 Clinton
Muskegon, MI 49442

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat46

*, I'm really sorry to hear this. I send my best wishes to Jack and hope for the best possible outcome. If you read this Jack keep you spirit up and think long term!

unklian

My Dad fractured his pelvis, a few years ago.
Recovery was slow.

Get well soon Jack.

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Boyd Who

Hoping for a quick recovery, Jack!

Crosley.In.AZ

oh boy. Pelvis fractures are no fun

Get well soon!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

That puts my sore knee in perspective. Get well soon Jack.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Get well, hope the healing goes well.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Holy Smokes!  My thoughts and prayers go out to Jack for a speedy and painfree as possible recovery.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Uncle Bob

Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

348tripower

Jack,
 I am sorry to hear about this accident. I hope you heals soon.
Don Colliau

rumrumm

Get well soon, Jack. We are all sending you good thoughts.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

slocrow

Yikes!!!!! To bad buddy. Here's wishing you a painless as possible speedy recovery. ............Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Okiedokie

Wow, sorry to hear that. At least you are recovering Jack, some don't. I have done the very same thing, but was lucky enogh to be close enough to the side to get out of the way. Lost a good friend recently to such a mental lapse. Hope your recovery proves to be the one the doctors are wowed by. Joe

butch27