1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

moose

Jack,
Get better fast! Hope your recovery is speedy and painless as possible

Tim

phat rat

THANKS EVERYONE

The doc that looked at my first xrays said it looked liked I'd been hit with a truck at 60mph. I'm really lucky that no internal damage was done. Just the 4 pelvis fractures and some soreness. God was looking out for me and mine. I have a spare tire mounted on the front and that's what hit me, but it gave room for my son, daughter, son in law and 2 granddaughters to escape, I busted through the osb board and 3 of the wall studs were shoved off the off the bottom plate and of course I busted T-111 siding on the outside. My son told me a day or so later how close it was to worse. I think he said it was about 3 ft from where the sidewall to my back addition joined that wall. It certainly wouldn't have moved if I'd hit there at that T.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

mrloboy

Jack,
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Great to hear there are no internal problems to deal with. A blessing your family is all well.
Regards, Rick

58 Yeoman

Good to hear it wasn't worse, Jack.  Hope you have a speedy recovery.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Flipper

Good to hear that you came out as well as you did.  I hope your healing time goes by quickly.  Hang in there!

-Richard

48ford

Sorry to here ,
Get better as quick as you can.
stay off the ICE,you don't need to slip now(Florida for the rest of the winter????????)
Glad you got off as good as you did.
Russ&Irene

rooster

Bounce back Jack! Better do this softly.

Rrumbler

I'm happy to hear that you're on the mend, Jack; broken parts at our age are always a worry, no matter how good a shape one is in.  Take care, be real careful of slippery things, and get well quick.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

phat rat

Quote from: "48ford"Florida for the rest of the winter????????)
Russ&Irene

We WERE leaving for 3 weeks in Hilton Head and 1 week in Orlando a week from this Fri. Well I guess now it'll be next year. I couldn't believe how far I walked today and what a chore it was, 104 ft. That's only one round trip out to the garage. LOL
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

GPster

Quote from: "phat rat"104 ft. That's only one round trip out to the garage. LOL
To the side of that truck. Not in front of or behind it!  GPster

kb426

Jack, I'm glad to hear that you're up and around. This won't be the best way to spend the winter but it sure will give you alot of time to be thankful. Best wishes.
TEAM SMART

Sorry to hear about your mishap.Here's wishing you a speedy and painless recovery!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

UGLY OLDS

Keep workin' at it Jack..... 8)     And be REAL nice to those nurses  ... :lol:    They KNOW how to cause pain..... :shock:

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Mac

Jack,
It sounds like your bouncing pretty good. Like a surgeon once told me; "Slow and steady wins the race". Get well.
Jack
Who\'s yer Data?