1966 Nova Build

Started by Glen, May 24, 2010, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen

sorry, i deleted a bunch of old videos this week and they were in that list.

I went backwards today on the tuneup......Long story short, I need to pull some fuel out at 2500-3700.  On the Holley program you can split screen the fuel table and the datalog at the same time and then click "overlay".   It hi-lites the RPM/KPA cells on the fuel table.  As you scroll thru the run the hi-lited area moves thru the table.  you can see exactly on the fuel table where your problem is.

I made a longer pedal stop and adjusted it out to 50% open throttle and made a pass so i can try to learn how to drive the car.

Pedal to the floor, release, shift, and pull the chutes.

It worked well, I went back and adjusted it to 70% open Throttle and this is that pass.  Its also the pass where i went backwards on the tuneup.  It spun the tires and rattled the car so hard my arm pulled the shifter to 2nd gear.

Its the fastest and slowest car on the track.  9.03 at 180 MPH.

Its in Hi-def too, if you click the settings and bump it to 1080

kb426

That's progress Glen. When you get all tuned up, that's going to be fast.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Glen, I sent you a PM
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Glen

better be a pro mod length chassis......I cant even handle my 2200 HP, i used the trans brake for the first time last outing and i lifted 3 out of 3 times on take off  :oops:

Since the nova is procharged vs. turbo it hits really hard on the launch, Im going to move the IC out a little further and try to calm it down, I think i will take out some timing on the launch too.....the MSD power grid allows you to pull timing and ramp it in by time and/or RPM.

Glen

I think this is progress.......if you stop and pause it at the hit it crushes the tire too much the front end came up pretty high and then spun the tires dropping the nose.  After i caught it I ran it out the back side at 8.60 at 170 mph

http://vimeo.com/56478095

I didnt change anything like I mentioned in the above post except I dropped the launch RPM.  I wanted to get another look at it.

kb426

Are you going to change the tune of the ecu, drop the wheelie bars, alter the tire pressure, or hit it harder to see if it will carry through without dropping the front? Was traction and issue due to the time of year and the season?
TEAM SMART

Glen

Quote from: "kb426"Are you going to change the tune of the ecu, drop the wheelie bars, alter the tire pressure, or hit it harder to see if it will carry through without dropping the front? Was traction and issue due to the time of year and the season?

after watching the video in slow motion, you can see it really crushes the tire, I think i will try to move the IC out further.  The track was definitely not perfect, but when will it ever be?  I needed that good piece of video with a 100 % throttle for the data.

I am trying to learn as much as possible, this is all new to me.

Glen

here is where the four link was on that video, just short of the CG

I am going to push it out a little closer to 60", everone is telling me thats where i need to be.  I know the antisquat shows low, but bickel says very clearly to not pay attention to it....I chose a number that gets me where i want to be and has the highest a/s number

Here is what that looks like:

I am open to any comments or feedback.

kb426

I'd really like to help but I'm a dragster/funny car guy. You're over in pro stock/ pro mod area. Having suspension and really good hp. leaves me in the bleachers. That software looks really useful.
TEAM SMART

Glen

wow....what a huge improvement.  Moved the IC out just under 60" as I noted above and look at the difference.

I also increased the tire pressure from 8 to 9 PSI in an attempt to create a little wheel speed.  

http://vimeo.com/56883930

Flipper

Quote from: "Glen"wow....what a huge improvement.  Moved the IC out just under 60" as I noted above and look at the difference.

I also increased the tire pressure from 8 to 9 PSI in an attempt to create a little wheel speed.  

http://vimeo.com/56883930

Looks like it launched pretty good.  What did it run?  What was the 60ft?

enjenjo

Looks like quite an improvemenr
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

39deluxe

That's what I was thinking also.

Tom

kb426

Glen, I'm about blind and I can't determine the source of the smoke of the line? Is that tire smoke? Down track about 10 or 11 seconds, the engine changes pitch for a little. Is that a shift where it unloaded the tires or something electronic? I'm going to go research I.C. so I can talk to you and not sound like a 1st grader.  :lol:
TEAM SMART