1966 Nova Build

Started by Glen, May 24, 2010, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Dorsi

Congrats, Glen !!

Well-deserved awards IMHO !!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Mikej

All the awards are great Glen. The outstanding engineering has got to make you proud. Have enjoyed the pictures and videos of your car to date. Looking forward to your final speed and time.
 As for the chevelle, looks like its just a tire smoker. Tire speed 140mph trap speed 10mph :lol:

sirstude

I got as chance to meet Glen and look over the car when I was at the show.  Those awards were much deserved!!!.  Not only was the car great on it's own, it was parked across from some pretty professional toys, and it was every bit as nice as all of them, and better than most of them.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

papastoyss

Congrats on the well deserved awards, I've been following your build posts since day 1.I showed your posts to my son, & he recognized the car, he had been following your build on another site!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

UGLY OLDS

Congrats Glen ... I knew your hard work would be seen & appreciated .. 8)

After watching your build , we knew the attention to detail was going to pay off ... And your willingness to explain as you went along means a BUNCH to us too ...  );b(

Congrats on a job well done ..... :b-d:

Bob ......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Glen worked hard on the car... his wife will tell you how  Glen built the car 10 times since he built, test fit, then changed or  re-built each piece again.

Glen is very methodical on his builds.  I am jealous of his approach to each build.  My builds look more like a shot-gun going off randomly and spraying the area .
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Well deserved awards! You are truly a skilled craftsman.

Flipper

Congratulations on the awards ...and the car in general!

Glen

Finally got some track time.  I have moved the IC on the 4 link and improved the launch, the squatting and bouncing is pretty much gone.

I think the next step is to pull timing at about 40 feet to reduce power and wheel spin, it seems to be a pattern now.
I need wheel spin to launch but I need to slow down the power as the boost comes.

I need to get my driveshaft RPM sensor hooked up so I can datalog and correct the spike.  I can do it thru the MSD power grid and make a timing reduction based on a timer like a Nitrous setting.  I currently pull 6 degrees out as soon as the T-brake is released.

This video is a little long, its outside, inside and rear camera, fast forward as needed...Its also in High def if you change the settings.

sirstude

WOW,  What kind of times are you at now?  

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Glen

Quote from: "sirstude"WOW,  What kind of times are you at now?  

Doug

would you believe they had the clocks set for 1/8 mile?  They were running two different groups yesterday and I was the last car in line for the 1/4 mile bunch, they thought I was in the 1/8 mile street car deal.

It ran 5.28 at 143 MPH at the 1/8 mile.....I will let the experts speculate what that would equate.  I know after I shifted I matted it to the floor.

the announcer made some funny comments after :oops:

Charlie Chops 1940

Not an expert by any means but one of the calculators out on the web says 8.40 @ 177.32
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Glen

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Not an expert by any means but one of the calculators out on the web says 8.40 @ 177.32

I have ran 8.60 with much less application of the throttle.  Factor in boost hp and the early pedaling and we will still never know....oh well.  Until next time.  I know for the first time I show wot the last four seconds of the datalog.?

Crosley.In.AZ

You are gettin there.  :D

I read a turbo Mustang on 275 radials ran a 4.70  at 160 something MPH  over the weekend.  that sure is flying

An 8.60 in the quarter is faster than my 1/8 mile in my Falcon ...  but then , I get more track time than faster cars.  :shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Crosley"You are gettin there.  :D

I read a turbo Mustang on 275 radials ran a 4.70  at 160 something MPH  over the weekend.  that sure is flying

An 8.60 in the quarter is faster than my 1/8 mile in my Falcon ...  but then , I get more track time than faster cars.  :shock:

I used to think "track time" referred to number of races...not elapsed time, but that works too.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!