1966 Nova Build

Started by Glen, May 24, 2010, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen

no set plans for any event....just need to start dialing it in and getting used to it.

Got the engine back in today.....need a couple of spotters to help get trans in thru the door.

Blown66SS

I am blown away by the overall package you have created.  Keep the pics coming!

Glen

Everything is wired and works....I plan to start it by sunday evening.  I have a mini vacation next week and I will wrap up the sheetmetal in the trunk.  Im not looking forward to putting the wheel tubs back in.

The bodywork on the wing is unbelievable, its like a mirror.  Hot Rods by Dean did a great job on all the paint.

the back glass is still out so the upholstery guy can do some work in there, and i still need the door panels installed.

kb426

I'd like to be there when it goes through tech the first time. I want to watch the inspectors face.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

moose

Glen that turned out FANTASTIC!!!!! Will it spend more time on street or track?
Would love to go for a ride!

Tim

Glen

it wont see any street time.....cruise nights or something similiar, it is extremely loud.

interior is getting close....Still need my door panels installed.  Tomorrow I plan to put the fuel lines back in the car and start it.

UGLY OLDS

Beautiful work Glen ...  8)

Thank You again for keeping us informed with the build ...  :b-d:

Bob ....  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

348tripower

That right there is absolutely AMAZING :D
Don Colliau

kiwipaul

That is great What sort of time are you thinking it might run?
A Ford man that like all cars

Glen

the Experts (those other than me), say 6.90's at 200 mph.  Now of course the stars are going to have to be in alignment and I will need a rabbits foot in my pocket too.

I did start it tonight.  Everything fired right up and no issues, i will sleep good tonight

Glen

Quote from: "Glen"the Experts (those other than me),

to clarify....I was implying I am in no way an expert, Iam still learning every day. :?

kiwipaul

Quote from: "Glen"the Experts (those other than me), say 6.90's at 200 mph.  Now of course the stars are going to have to be in alignment and I will need a rabbits foot in my pocket too.

I did start it tonight.  Everything fired right up and no issues, i will sleep good tonight

I do not think you are going to need it but I send you a hole rabbit I now you will have lots of photos of it first run and will look forward to seeing them on here good luck with it
A Ford man that like all cars

Glen

Glenn Kramer wrapped up my upholstery this week.  Working in the OEM style door panels, handles and cranks.  He was also able to put the same panels into the quarter panel area.

He also padded up the seats, the fabric is kind'a plain, but its fire resistant.

I think they turned out pretty slick

Then I needed some help in the package area so he made these two filler panels.  The intercooler tubing goes thru the grommets to the ice tank.

now i can put the back glass in the car.

river1

Both glens do good work 8)  8)

Target date goodguys?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Glen

Target date next Saturday at Speedworld for a coast down the track and datalog session   :shock: