What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Yes. It's the LBZ motor the one so many want
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Took the Mustang up to the body shop to finish cutting it in.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I watched it spit ice balls, rain and snow today. I miss summer already. :cry:
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

I finished a part of an intake manifold I am making for a friend. He is putting a 93 T bird turbo coupe motor in a Pinto. I made a piece that puts the throttle body facing the front of the car instead of going over the valve cover.This should allow the hood to close over the engine.

jaybee

That'll be a sweet little car. IMO the Pinto got a bad rap. Millions of cars covering most if not all mfrs had the same drop in gas tank. they weren't built all that well, but let's face it...not much from that era was built all that well. Consider the Motor Trend Car of the Year winners from that era;

1971 Chevy Vega
1972 Citroen SM
1973 Chevy Monte Carlo (not an awful car, but not the car the earlier ones were)
1974 Mustang II
1975 Chevy Monza
1976 Dodge Aspen/Plymouth Volante

Apologies if I've offended anyone's memories of their favorite car, but not much on that list was well thought of.

All the more reason to juice them up with some later technology in the best hot rodding tradition.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Hey.... We owned a 71 Vega wagon. Only replaced the engine twice.

Picked up my Crosley logo sign for my faux gas station inside my shop. Odd , I have the logo sign finally after selling all Crosley cars
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

TEAM SMART

jaybee

Worked on a cardboard template for some patch panels today. I'm not quite happy with how it looks, but it'll do for a first run.

Glad I decided to start with cardboard.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Crosley logo sign.  Some type of foam material. A little over 10 feet long.

I set it out on the floor of the shop for a look see.  Need to hang it up on the wall now
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

I went to Detroit to re-install two large stain glass windows in an old church and take out four more that need to be fixed. We took the original two out about a month ago and a local stain glass artist repaired the areas that were crumbling. It was kind of nerve racking pry a crumbling 4' X 6' stain glass window from where it's been the last 105 years!

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"Crosley logo sign.  Some type of foam material. A little over 10 feet long.

I set it out on the floor of the shop for a look see.  Need to hang it up on the wall now

Neat sign Tony ... 8)  Your timing was perfect on that one ..... :lol:  :lol:

Bob....  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

I am recovering from back surgery that was a week ago today.  All is well and for the first time in 14 years or so, there is no pain in my legs and lower back.  I think I have more plastic and stainless steel, in my lower back, than I have bone now.  I will have a slow recovery but that is okay.  I am spending a lot of time walking the streets in my neighborhood.  I told the neighbors to call my wife if they see me laying in the street.   I have fallen and I can not get up.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

I have a buddy who is redoing his 56 Chevy post car.He spent a lot of time and money finding a 62 327 block, and no accessory hole 202 heads to build a motor like his 56 he had in the 60s. He called me to look at the motor last week, it's on a run in stand, and one of the lifters was getting noisy. I diagnosed it as a flat lobe on the cam, as the lifter would not come out through the top, which usually means a burred up lifter on a fresh engine.

So he pulled the engine apart to have it reworked, and when he got the heads off, he found a suspicious spot on number one cylinder wall. I went over with my Magnaflux kit today, and found a 3" crack in the cylinder wall.

So now he is looking at a sleeve in a .060" over engine, or finding another block.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wvcab

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I am recovering from back surgery that was a week ago today.  All is well and for the first time in 14 years or so, there is no pain in my legs and lower back.  I think I have more plastic and stainless steel, in my lower back, than I have bone now.  I will have a slow recovery but that is okay.  I am spending a lot of time walking the streets in my neighborhood.  I told the neighbors to call my wife if they see me laying in the street.   I have fallen and I can not get up.

John
sounds what my back doctor is suggesting, L4/5 area. I  go in thursday for another injection. I had the last one 7 months ago, and have been hurting since early august.
What kind of time frame for going back to work?

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "wvcab"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I am recovering from back surgery that was a week ago today.  All is well and for the first time in 14 years or so, there is no pain in my legs and lower back.  I think I have more plastic and stainless steel, in my lower back, than I have bone now.  I will have a slow recovery but that is okay.  I am spending a lot of time walking the streets in my neighborhood.  I told the neighbors to call my wife if they see me laying in the street.   I have fallen and I can not get up.

John
sounds what my back doctor is suggesting, L4/5 area. I  go in thursday for another injection. I had the last one 7 months ago, and have been hurting since early august.
What kind of time frame for going back to work?

I tried the injections and they worked well at first but then they did less and less.  I was to the point where something had to be done.  I was up walking the next day.  A week later, I am outside taking short hikes around the neighborhood 3 times a day.  The doctor told me that he anticipated I would be able to drive the school bus in two to three months.  I do not plan to go back to school bus driving.  I will keep you posted on the recovery.  Others on this board have had similar operations with great success.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH