What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

That car looks like a LOT of fun.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

Mr. Bondo went to work today. If I get far enough, I may get primer on the 51.
TEAM SMART

Harry

Canadian Thanksgiving Day today.
Best wishes to all.

kb426

Mr. Bondo is still working. There sure is a lot of rough spots on the 51. This was after work. This maybe the last warm day I get. Tomorrow looks like the first freeze of the season. :cry:
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Thanks Harry ,same wishes to you!

enjenjo

Took the last of the body parts to the painter today, I still have the body yet, it will go later this week when I get the dent in the dash I just discovered fixed.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

papastoyss

Worked most of Sat. & all day Monday pulling engine & trans (6.0,4l80e) from a wrecked 2002 Chevy 2500hd truck for my '57 Chevy wagon project.I'd starve if I was a flat rate mechanic on these things!Same yard has several Ford explorer rears that have 3:73 limited slip for $100.00, you pull price. I have a 9" 3:70 in my '40 coupe w/4l60 trans, it's 2300rpm at 70mph ,kinda thinking about a 3:55 might be a better choice for road trips. I'm a tightwad so fuel mileage is important. What do you think?
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

kb426

I think it would be a step in the right direction. But I also think you might see 2 mpg difference so if the lost performance is an issue, it might not be the right thing to do. I have 3.50's in the 32 with a .68 overdrive in the 3550. I run 1750 at 69 mph but I have 29" tall tires.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Papastoyss, I'd love to see some write ups and pics of your engine/trans swap as you put it together. It'll be a great combination for your car.

I'm not sure I'd go to the trouble of changing out the 3.70 gear with the 4L80E, for the limited fuel mileage improvement.

papastoyss

Quote from: "jaybee"Papastoyss, I'd love to see some write ups and pics of your engine/trans swap as you put it together. It'll be a great combination for your car.

I'm not sure I'd go to the trouble of changing out the 3.70 gear with the 4L80E, for the limited fuel mileage improvement.
The 3:70 gear is in the hauling butt '40 Ford coupe w/LS1/Ls6 5.7/4l60e . I was thinking about the 3.55 gear for the '57 Chevy since it will have the more torquey 6,0 truck motor & we really like doing the Street Rodder Road Tours which cover a lot of distance. I'm pretty much a 'puter dummy, if someone would send me simple instructions on posting pics I'd be glad to!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

jaybee

I've no doubt we can manage to get you fixed up when you have some pics to show.

enjenjo

I bought my wife  a newer car today, a 2011 Chevy HHR with low miles. She is happy about the car, but not the payments.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"I bought my wife  a newer car today, a 2011 Chevy HHR with low miles. She is happy about the car, but not the payments.

You bought her a car, but she makes the payments?!?  I want to try that with my wife....I, er I mean she, has always liked Cadillacs!  :lol:

phat rat

A time for newer vehicles. Today I bought this. It's a loaded 07 GMC CC dually diesel with 65,000 on the clock
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

Jack, the 07 is before the urea has to be added?
TEAM SMART