What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

Wow Glen, that's awful! You didn't say if everyone is OK, that's the most important thing.

Second most important would be for the kid to have insurance.

I've shifted to projects in the house for a few days. First up was to build a wall mount for a flat screen TV. Nothing fancy, just a some scrap stuff I had laying around in order to give it a good, solid anchor and angled down a bit because it's centered at standing eye level.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Glen

Quote from: "jaybee"Wow Glen, that's awful! You didn't say if everyone is OK, that's the most important thing.

Second most important would be for the kid to have insurance.

Ya, he was knocked out and woozy when I went up to the door, and yes, he has insurance, luckily a young skinny kid is tough enough, an older person would be worse.

Crosley.In.AZ

holy smokes.  glad you are doing Ok Glen
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Glen, that was a heluva hit!  Definitely time to order that new truck. Glad you weren't hurt.

GPster

First thought :Glad you're OK                                                                   Second thought :Glad the kid survived and is OK                                        Third thought :I hope the dealer doesn't try to change the "trade In" value. Maybe you should get The first estimate from that dealership's body shop.   I bet there would be volunteers that from a CHEVY ii site that would offer to tow your car in so it didn't appear behind a FORD truck. GPster

GPster

Today is Linda's Birthday (65). We went out to dinner last night because today I'm going up to pick up a grand daughter after school tomorrow and bring her down to visit. Son and grand son will be here tomorrow night to spend the weekend so we'll have son and two grandkids (cousins) here to celebrate plus Saturday is son's (father's, uncle's) birthday. Sunday I'll have to return grand daughter so I don't know how soon I can plan " GPsterThanksgiving Holiday Build Day"

UGLY OLDS

Glad everyone is OK Glen .... First Tony with his bike ... Now you with your truck ... Your area may not be the  "Retirement Haven" everyone thought it to be ... Did the Air Bags deploy in your truck ...If not ..Find out WHY.. That hit was certainly hard enough to set them off ...  

Glad you are ok ....   8)

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Glen

Both bags went off.  Talked to the ins co.today...they are nervous about costs....I picked up a full size truck to drive and told them I need a tow vehicle in 11 days for one week.  Enterprise rents diesel trucks thru the commercial side.  I know more about the process than she did.  Wait til I bring up diminished value.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"Both bags went off.  Talked to the ins co.today...they are nervous about costs....I picked up a full size truck to drive and told them I need a tow vehicle in 11 days for one week.  Enterprise rents diesel trucks thru the commercial side.  I know more about the process than she did.  Wait til I bring up diminished value.

Claims person may be acting stoopid..  Claims gal for the drunk in my crash was being 'dumb' , then she  learned after a while I was educated in the process, terminology , etc.

Both bags going off is a red flag on your truck's history.

I saw a Ford truck today, looked like your year F250 diesel, different color..  It was rear ended near I-17 merge to I-10 east bound. Loading on roll back
Tony

papastoyss

If you have frame damage along w/ deployed air bags your truck will probably total out. Don't let the ins. co. get the upper hand, esp. if the wreck is clearly the other person's fault. Even if your truck is properly repaired that site w/the fox in their ads will flag your VIN as having had serious damage & that will follow the VIN to its eventual grave.In Tennessee that much damage would probably result in a salvage or rebuilt branding on the title.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

phat46

I was doing some routine maintenance stuff on my truck today in preparation for the trip to deer camp in a few days. Changed the oil and was cleaning the battery terminals. As i was cleaning the positive terminal i noticed something between the battery and firewall. It was a walnut. The squirrels around here, and there's hundreds of them, get the walnuts from the trees in the fields across from me and stash them all over, this means a squirrel got up in my engine compartment and left that walnut there. The truck is always parked in the garage unless I'm driving it, dunno when the little bugger got up under the hood.

GPster

Quote from: "papastoyss"If you have frame damage along w/ deployed air bags your truck will probably total out. Don't let the ins. co. get the upper hand, esp. if the wreck is clearly the other person's fault. Even if your truck is properly repaired that site w/the fox in their ads will flag your VIN as having had serious damage & that will follow the VIN to its eventual grave.In Tennessee that much damage would probably result in a salvage or rebuilt branding on the title.
If you were going to trade it on the new truck maybe there is a trade-in value written down that you can use if need be in dealing with the insurance. GPster

bucketmouth

Im taking the roadster out today and picking up my grandson, we're off to watch some Jet boat racing.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

kb426

I changed the cam-stat in the used heater I installed in the garage a few weeks ago. Then I changed the chain and sprockets on the daily rider. The lift table is really useful. Now I'm going to clean up some before beginning the frame for the 51.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

bought propane fueled firepit for wife. She can start n stop easily.  We tried a wood firepit... too long to get fired up, so we went this route. She is happy.

Harbor freight hydraulic lift table has been a very handy item at home.  I can not lift the heavy weight now with my degrading low back, this table really helps me
Tony