What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"Getting ready for the graduation party.
big congratulations and well done to Fat Cat (alius Frank III). GPster

Mikej

My son and new wife were here from Minnesota. He has to work Sunday so they are on their way home. Gave the daughter-in-law a ride in the coupe. Had her giggling. Good weekend so far.

kb426

I had a long list of items for the weekend. I'm making good progress. One of which was a roll up paint booth. Not so much to be dirt free but to keep overspray off everything else. I used 3/4 pipe, 3 mil plastic and 3 bicycle hangers. Total cost was $90 for 2 21' sides. The area is 10' wide and I haven't got the end engineered yet. :lol:
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

spent the last three days in medicine hat  at a drag race. First time working on this car .8-71,bird on methanol,540" BBC in a chopped metalflaked 63 nova. Best ET was an 8.06 lifting  100' early ,best mph 172.8 in 5300 ft air. We made 16 passes and tried something different each pass. I am beginning to understand the injector stuff better .The motor is still fat but we finally got it leaned out enough to see some heat on the plugs.It is fun to just play with a combination to try and pick up performance . I am also getting better at packing a parachute. I had not done any work on a blown alcohol deal since '94 .

kb426

TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Installed the C4 trans back into the 62 Falcon... made some changes to the converter for more RPM at stall.  The 10 inch converter is near max out for the low HP I have with the 200 CID inline 6.

Next option is an 8 inch converter which would be a bit of a custom build since the small Ford 6 has a starter ring gear on the converter.

Also pulled the 4.63 gears out of the 8 inch, going back to 4.11 gear. The rear tires are 24.5 inch tall and  I was running out of RPM near the 1000 foot area.  The engine was still accelerating , but not really pulling.

I know this is unexciting to many folks , a 6 cylinder Falcon used for drag racing that runs 15.70's. Some folks poke fun at me, that is fine.....  

Keep in mind I had a true 10 second street Camaro back in the early 1980's  when HP was not so easy to generate as it is today.

I am having fun and if the Falcon had a shiny side ......  :lol:  I keep the tires on the ground anyway
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

QuoteI know this is unexciting to many folks , a 6 cylinder Falcon used for drag racing that runs 15.70's. Some folks poke fun at me, that is fine.....  

Keep in mind I had a true 10 second street Camaro back in the early 1980's  when HP was not so easy to generate as it is today.

I am having fun and if the Falcon had a shiny side ......  :lol:  I keep the tires on the ground anyway

I am glad you are enjoying the Falcon.  I had a lot of fun with the slant 6 drag car I had a few years ago.  I think I made 17 passes in one afternoon at the strip.  The most I had made in any car on a single day.  
The track announcer accused me of thinking I was at an oval track.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Rrumbler

Recovering from a relatively hectic weekend.  The "kids" tied the knot at 2200 Saturday night at one of Las Vegas's all the time wedding chapels; sort of "production line" procedure, but pretty nice, none the less, for a quickie thing.  I wish them all the best.  Yesterday, we got the folks on the way back to Cali, and I took the Best Man home; road trip; he lives in Bullhead City, on the Colorado River a hundred miles south of Las Vegas.  On the way home, I ran through one of the most intense thunderstorms I have seen in a long time; just west of Hoover Dam it was raining so hard that the only thing I could see through the windshield was the rear lights on the semi ahead of me.  When I dropped over into the valley at Railroad Pass, it was a bit of a strange sight: there was a large dark spot in the middle of the valley - the north end of "the Strip" was dark.  What one usually wees from that vantage is the entire "Strip" from Mandalay Bay on the south to The Stratosphere Tower on the north.  Last night, there was no "Strat", no Wynn, no Encore or Aria, or Turnberry Towers, just a big dark spot.  Kind of give one the 'willies'.  By the time I got across the valley around the north end, though, it was all lit up again.  Whew!!!  :wink:  8)
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

kb426

Frame is acid rain yellow. Needs sun to be good. The paint booth has no ventilation. In a little bit, it was tough to see. Short of clean up, that's it for today.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I bought this today.  It has sat for a year on a patio but it was running when it was parked.  I bought it cheap.  I plan to build a bobber/cafe racer out of it.  While surfing the net recently, I found this site and I got interested in bikes again.   http://www.ngwclub.com/  

It all depends if I can get it running and how much it needs.  I will play with it some in a week or so.

I rode an older version of this bike many years.  I have said that I was done riding but maybe not.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

chimp koose

Crosley, making a car work better down the track is a rewarding feeling no matter what speed or et. Running 10's in the early 80's was VERY fast,  at my home track we had 2 doorslammers in the high 9's during that era.Of those 2 cars,one owner is now a successful engineer and the other currently runs a pro mod .Remember ,the 500" pro stocks were low 8 cars then and you would qualify in the fuel classes with a mid to high 5.

chimp koose

Stacked over 500 hay bales today. Cleaned up my shop at school all morning.

phat rat

I'm leaving for the Iola swap this a.m.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

I loaded the swap trailer yesterday for Columbus GG. I have waaaay too much cra... er, stuff.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

wvcab

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I loaded the swap trailer yesterday for Columbus GG. I have waaaay too much cra... er, stuff.

Charlie

you know the difference between stuff and crap (or sh*t)?

ownership, i have stuff, you have crap... :lol: