What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I finished the Door hinge repair on the 62 Falcon.  

Turns out a pump slide spring from a 700r4 trans works well for the door hinge. Both door hindges had broken springs.

I rotated the tires on my 2006 Silverado.  It turned over 32k miles, so I gave it some attention. I washed it too
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I sanded all the dark parts that I painted over the weekend. They looked really bad against the color of the frame. In the next couple of days, I get to repaint a different color.
TEAM SMART

sirstude

sitting here waiting for my new granddaughter to be born.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

The color change on the project is completed.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Today's project. Those of you that have been around the last 4 years will understand.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

drag racing,we went to the semi final tonight. A .008 red light put us out.

kb426

Just because I own a paint gun.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I just finished sanding and buffing.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Finidhed up the blue truck, all works great.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

various bits completed this weekend.

Performing a small clean out.  how many 9 inch ford center sections to keep? I had 3 complete , parts for 2 more. Looked at a used pinion and ring gear set I have shelved for 15+ yrs.  The pinion gear is junk.  Wonder why I keep the crap?

A moderate  pile of scrap metal in the truck.
Tony

Boyd Who

We keep all the crap because we think that the second we toss it out we'll need it for something!  :lol:

I had a GREAT day today. Things are starting to come together with the Essex.

This morning I went to the post office to pick up a couple of parcels then came home to the shop to start unwrapping everything...

Of course I had to quickly do a rough mock-up...

It already looks better than the old Corvair IFS did.

This afternoon I went out to Geordie Vincent's place and dug this out of the bush...

It's a '37. He normally doesn't sell just parts, but he owed me a favour and I need the spindles and wishbone for the Essex.

chimp koose

I am trying to get my anglia together for the superrun in saskatoon this weekend . I am going to put it in the old car corral -for sale- . I have also listed my front engine dragster chassis in quick times -for sale- . I would like to get going on the T coupe and have too many things on the go at one time.If the anglia sells now ,the new owner can do interior and paint to their liking .

WZ JUNK

This is my bike project as of this morning.  I took it apart today for painting and cleaning.  It is a simple bobber bike made out of an old Goldwing.  I rode it some the last couple of days and I like the feel.  So far it has been a fun cheap project.

My goal for this project was to keep it simple and cheap. I used the Corbin seat that I bought at a salvage and I custom made brackets to fit it to the wing. I made the tail light assembly using some left over custom LED assemblies from a 37 Ford project and turn signals from Speedway Motors. The mufflers were sawed off just ahead of the baffles and the baffles drilled larger to make a more pleasing exhaust note. I bought some flat track style handle bars and I like the way they feel. The bike is lower, and the short nearly straight bars makes it easier to control at slow speeds and the bike does not feel top heavy. The rear fender is the bottom section of the original rear fender. I cut down (bobbed) the front fender and I bought a new large chrome headlight assembly. I made the mount for the headlight which is also the mount for the front turn signals. I used the same signals from Speedway that I used on the rear.

I needed to do something different.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"This is my bike project as of this morning.  I took it apart today for painting and cleaning.  It is a simple bobber bike made out of an old Goldwing.  I rode it some the last couple of days and I like the feel.  So far it has been a fun cheap project.

My goal for this project was to keep it simple and cheap. I used the Corbin seat that I bought at a salvage and I custom made brackets to fit it to the wing. I made the tail light assembly using some left over custom LED assemblies from a 37 Ford project and turn signals from Speedway Motors. The mufflers were sawed off just ahead of the baffles and the baffles drilled larger to make a more pleasing exhaust note. I bought some flat track style handle bars and I like the way they feel. The bike is lower, and the short nearly straight bars makes it easier to control at slow speeds and the bike does not feel top heavy. The rear fender is the bottom section of the original rear fender. I cut down (bobbed) the front fender and I bought a new large chrome headlight assembly. I made the mount for the headlight which is also the mount for the front turn signals. I used the same signals from Speedway that I used on the rear.

I needed to do something different.

John

looks good

looks like an early 1980's bike.  Gas tank would be below the seat , so the weight is down low.

there was a kit to replace the 4 carbs with one GM basic two barrel , so only one carb to deal with, not 4

8)
Tony

GPster

I like it. I sure do miss riding. The closest I get to open air motoring is having both windows rolled down in the Ranger. I always thought the Gold Wings missed their chance of looking like a BMW by putting so much junk on them. You can't see all that junk if you're sitting on it. GPster