What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

It was back to work for me today. I took friday off and installed a new walkin door on the garage. I spent some time on the bike over the weekend. I had some company from saturday afternoon on. Monday I rode to a larger town for Memorial day services. The county attorney gave the speech. He did this back in 2001. He is a vet. After he finished his program, he received a standing ovation. Pretty good for a lawyer. His 2001 program was good but his 2010 program was better. It was a great weekend. Today it almost hit 100 degrees. The forecast is all over the place for the next couple of weeks. I have my schedules out trying to figure out which smaller shows I'm going to. I'm thinking it's going to be a fabulous summer. Gpster, I hope you heal up quickly.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I started putting together a Mar-K AD Chevy pickup box today. Very nice quality pieces. As to fit that still remains to be seen.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

Took the front end off the Olds yesterday to finish up the core support and the inner fenders.  I have spent all evening today welding and grinding the support.  Should have it ready for prime by the weekend.  Trying for paint by the end of summer.  I figure it will take about 50 gallons to paint this long son of a gun. :wink:

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Grandadeo

Replaced an under-achieving alternator on the '32 today.  Hope that cured my weird acting gauges.  I'll find that out when I take it for a spin in the morning.  Also tomorrow morning having the support rod bracket rewelded on my wonderful aluminum radiator.  Make that my LAST aluminum radiator.  The old one broke off at the weld.  Trying to leave Thursday morning for an all '32 Ford cruise on Saturday from Cornelius, NC up to Blowing Rock in the mountains, if I get everything squared away.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

chopped

Painted the Buick over the weekend. Putting it back together now, where did I but all those small pieces? Pat has the patience for the color sanding so I'll hit a few licks with 1000 and let her finish it this weekend.

enjenjo

I had a 51 Meteor here today, had to fix the overdrive. nice car. Ended up they installed a rebuilt engine, and "lost" the wire that connects the overdrive to the coil. replaced that, and it worked fine.

The Markay box is on the truck for fitting. Only found a couple holes miss punched. I made some blind mounting bolts, so they do not come through the wood floor.

enjenjo

Built a bookcase to hold some of the manuals out in the shop. A start on the bench cleanup.

kb426

I painted the rest of my shop. I put up some slatwall board and have to wait until later in the week for all the hooks I ordered to show up. I will still be deep in mess until everything is put up. It's bright white everywhere now.
TEAM SMART

taxpyer

I was pleasantly driving home looking forward to working on my shop when suddenly a mountain sheep bolted out from the side of the road and wiped out my pickup. :shock:  So now I have more work to do in my shop. :x
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

wayne petty

spent the evening listening to  wang chung play live under the redondo beach pier..

had a great time...  

every body had a wang chung night...  :D

wayne petty

Quote from: "taxpyer"I was pleasantly driving home looking forward to working on my shop when suddenly a mountain sheep bolted out from the side of the road and wiped out my pickup. :shock:  So now I have more work to do in my shop. :x

just curious... were you driving a Dodge RAM pickup??????

glad you were not hurt anywhere but your wallet..

sirstude

Going out to the garage and work on the Olds.  I was at a Project Hope car show yesterday and here is the star of the show.  Rich and Page Udell were there with their little dog also.  Complete with billet spiked collar and padded stroller.  I guess we do spoil our pets.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

phat46

Quote from: "wayne petty"spent the evening listening to  wang chung play live under the redondo beach pier..

had a great time...  

every body had a wang chung night...  :D

What year is it??? Did i just time travel???  :shock:  :D  :D

wayne petty

no.. you did not time travel... it was live...   without crutches or any walkers.

last year they sold out the gibson at universal... last night .. they played for 400 people...

http://tickets.brixtonsouthbay.com/

they got more artists coming..

Topsterguy

Turned the power on in the '40 PU for the first time! Everything works so far and no smaoke or fire! Life IS good!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"