What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "phat rat"I spent today driving. Left Williamsburg Va. 7:15 a.m and pulled into home here at 11:00 p.m. My wife was riding shotgun so we stopped and ate in Columbus Oh.  Enjenjo I tooted the horn when I went past your exit off I-475/US 23

I wondered who that was :shock:

Glad you heard it.  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Tuesday afternoon the neighbor, who works  as an 18 wheeler owner operator, got home with his truck, showered, ate dinner, and went to bed, to leave at 3 am wednesday morning. As he is going to bed, he looked out the bedroom window, and saw the truck was on fire. He jumped up, ran out with an extinguisher, and put the fire out. The cause, several years ago when he bought the truck, he had a wet kit installed for his dump trailer. The installer fastened the hydraulic hose to the battery cables, and over time it wore through the insulation on the batter cable, and through the rubber cover on the hose. When the steel braid on the hose, and the copper battery cable got together, it cause arcing, thus a fire. As he put the fire out, the hose burst dropping 50 gallons of oil on the ground under the truck :shock:  Yesterday he and I spent 7 hours fixing it. We had to replace three battery cables, rewire one wiring harness, replace the wet line, and splice 8 air lines.

Now, the strange thing about this, because of a water puddle, the truck was not parked where it normally would be parked. In the normal parking spot, he could not have seem it from the house. If he had gone to bed 5 minutes sooner, he would not have seem the fire, and the truck would have burnt. If he had gone to bed 5 minutes later, it would have been too late to save it. Some times luck just goes your way.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

butch27

TJ's Dad

Maybe you two should share a lotto ticket ..  :wink:
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

kb426

TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

I sold at Billetproof in Ypsilanti. Its was okay but they didn't let many guys in with money to spend. Saw Frank and Don C.

For a Billetproof show I thought it looked a lot like the street rod nationals And somewhat disorganized.

But still had a good day and got a bit of forehead sun. And I have a generous forehead.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

I installed a suspension travel limiter on the rear axle on the 32 and removed alot of the interior and worked on sealing air leaks. Not real fun but way better than real work. :D
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

QuoteSaw Frank and Don C.

What a coincidince, I saw Charlie, and Don C, plus Mike Louden, and Rudy.

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

sirstude

Rebult the edges of the Olds hood, try to fit it back on the car tomorrow, then it is time to take it apart.  Tinted primer, then block, and jam.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

river1

Quote from: "butch27"You're right.JUST lucky.

sometimes it's better to be lucky then good, sounds like he was good AND lucky 8)  8)

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"But still had a good day and got a bit of forehead sun. And I have a generous forehead.

Charlie

that's not a FOURhead that's a SIXhead :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

Today, Fatcat and I fixed the hood on a Freightliner. The hinge bracing was all broken loose. We glued it all up with Fusor, and made a metal reinforcement for both sides. Good for another million miles.

wayne petty

today.. messed up good....

was removing the broken off bolt from the number 7 exhaust port on a chevy pickup...  used my transfer punches to try to mark the center of the broken bolt before taking the manifold loose..  of course it marked it slightly off center..  but at least i tried... it  was close... so i took my right angle drill went in with one of my bulk 1/8 inch drill bits...  drilled  right through it.. just slightly off center...     tried my left hand drill bit... nothing...   got a larger drill...   drilled it ..... while drilling it to the right .. it turned a bit...  ohh!!!.. its going to be an easy one.. now that its moving..   so in i go with the number 2 straight fluted easy out.. brand new one... VA...  still a bit tight...  nothing moving..    hit it again with the  right hand drill so i can get in my number 3 easy out..    it moved again..   tried the lefty ..  still nothing...    i don't want to run it into the back of the hole with the drill..    so in with the #2...  tight.. tight tight.. snap...  off tears the end of the easy out.. at a 60 degree angle.. just below the surface...

not a problem... i can drill a relief hole next to it..  so i can work the easy out loose......   got the hole drilled...   then snapped off half an inch of 1/8 quality drill bit...  again... just below the surface..

i have a small package of Carbide drill bits.. but i don't have a clue where in this haystack they are..

oh... after i snapped off the easy out.. i jacked it up and pulled the inner fender...  so i can now see what i am doing ... instead of standing on a chair and doubling over the tall fender of this truck.. i was thinking of just taking the front tires off it..  so it sits low enough to work on properly...   i am now looking for my dremel tool .. and the box of bits for that..   i don't really want to pull the motor or the head to take it to tap ex...  i have done these so many times.. and only broken one easy out in 20 years...    now i have done the double whammy... and  only have my self to blame...   trying to get rid of the exhaust leaks so i can get this past smog for a long time friend...

i am almost sure that i have some self tapping solid thread inserts to repair any damage.. if i do manage to damage the threads more than i think will hold..

enjenjo

I know the feeling Wayne, believe me.

enjenjo

Today was moving day.I unloaded the 59 Apache from my trailer, loaded the 32 Ford on it, and took it to the body shop.  Unloaded the 32, drove a couple miles and picked up a 47 Chevy truck. Brought the Chevy truck home, onloaded it, and loaded up my Buick wagon. Hauled it two miles down the road, for storage, and came back home, only to load the 59 back on the trailer.