What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

today... i spent quite a few hours on my knees with the dremel with a tiny carbide tool bit.  straight sided cylinder..  about 0.020 i would guess...  plunging it into the non tool blocked areas.. carefully removing metal behind the easy out.. once i got behind it.. i used a punch and moved the easy out around.. then i was able to get it out..  used my pointed 1/4" carbide to make a cone shaped hole.. tapped in the number 3... loose.. tapped in the number 4.. it came out..   never did get the drill bit loose from the broken stub..   was i relieved...  i used a stud grade 8 stud and rod bolt on the last hole.. after bottoming it out first..

the felpro replacement gaskets would not clear the spark plug wire holders... so i reused the original multilayer stainless steel gaskets..
with 5 new 2 inch grade 8 bolts..

i think i will start using the gm multi layer steel gaskets more often.. as long as its just a straight six bolt exhaust pattern.. not the 7 bolt patterns used on some cars..  it looks like they will work good as header gaskets also..  98 c2500 5.7

i just thought i would share.. that all is not lost .. when you break off a easy out and then a drill bit on top of that..  

wayne...

enjenjo

Danimal came over today, dropped off some parts, picked up some parts. We had a nice visit.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

32coupe

Hi Guys
This weekend Scooter and I decided to get out of town for the weekend, so we got up at 4am to drive to Sydney for Joseph's day of the drags.

http://www.ozrodders.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=36822

Had a great day at the drags and headed over to a mates place for a BBQ and a few beers.

On Sunday we heard there was a cruise near by so we dropped in there before heading home.

http://www.carsofaustralia.com.au/events_gallery.php?details=576

Was a nice way to spend a chilly autumn day, with rodding mates and a nice cruise home.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

tom36

Finally got the Model A sealed in and out and the outside primed with 3 coats of polyester primer.  After smoothing and fabricating all winter long, it was good to see it in one color even if it is primer. Tom...

enjenjo

Yesterday I installed a new fuel pump in a Super Duty Ford. Today I installed an aftermarket grille in a 47 Chevy truck. It did not fit well. :shock:

Grandadeo

Going to my granddaughter's 12th birthday party.  Boy she's getting old.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

moose

went to a"SMALL" car show, split fire wood ( while I have acces to the splitter) yard work...

GPster

Today was the first day in about a month that Linda was allowed to wear her contact lenses. Spent the day helping her remember what she's been telling me that she wanted to do when she could see again. In preparation for more of the same tomorrow and for an appearance at a graduation party tommorrow I was going to go to church tonight. The jeep wouldn't start (or even crank over). I had been doing fine all day so I thought maybe just a dirty post so I took my "Mobile Compost Pile" to church. Checked my cell phone after mass to find out I was supose to meet Linda and friends for dinner. After dinner I checked the Jeep and cleaned the battery terminals. Didn't fix anything. My spare battery on jumper cables bumped the engine a little so It's off for a new battery. Didn't get the old one out til 9:15 so first thing tomorrow it's hunt for a battery. The original battery in a 2004 would be questionable and I hope that's all it is because we need to be at a 1:00 party 75 miles away. GPster

chimp koose

Went to a car show in the rain. The students at my school planned and ran a charity car show today . This was a project the mechanics students took on to raise funds for students against drunk driving. They have been planning it all school year. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of cars from local clubs that came out to support the cause on a cold and rainy day.The students got to show our school project car and our in progress mini chopper project as well as some of their own cars.If your local school ever runs a car show please attend,you have no idea how much of an affect you can have with the kids when you can encourage them to enjoy our hobby.

bucketmouth

Finally managed to do some work on the roadster pick up today after a long absence.The new body panels I had bought had decided to go rusty so I cleaned them up and sprayed a bit of paint on them. Tomorrow I have to go to the museum to see an art exhibition that my young bloke has a photo in then hopefully I can refit the panels tomorrow afternoon. So much to do and so little time.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

phat rat

Washed and waxed the new truck plus polished the aluminum wheels. Looks pretty decent now
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

reborn55

spent the last 2 days ripping boards off our deck and replacing them with composite boards.  So much for any car shows this weekend.  Will finish deck  tomorrow if the rain holds off and then open the pool.  Just love the Honey Do lists

GPster

Well it's good that it was a three day weekend. After spending saturday being Linda's relief driver to garden shoppes and Farmer's Markets, I had that deal with our Jeep not starting. After praying for it at church saturday evening I came home and got the battery pulled but too late to find a replacement. Sunday morning I had a replacement at 9:03 and I treated it to the $109.00 version. It started, but for added safety I packed some tools as we headed out for the graduation trip. With two days taken up with not typical duties that left only Yesterday to do weekend chores before Linda would go back to work today.Twisted my back up real good while being on my knees and changing the filter for the pond. Managed with it and went ot bed early. Woke up having to visit the "John" about 3:30. Must have let out a scream when I hurt myself getting up because I woke Linda. Good thing because she watched me take the first step and fall back-wards and split my skull open on a closet door frame as I crumbled to the floor. Laid crumbled-up on the floor for a 1/2 hour til I could get up and get my business done and get back to bed. Had our nurse/neighbor check the wound this morning and she thought it needed some care so off to the emergency room. They glued it back together and after Linda being on sick leave for two weeks she was late for her first day back to work. GPster

WZ JUNK

Tearing out the kitchen floor to ceiling.  Everything goes wiring, plumbing,floor,and appliances.  Out with the old and in with the new.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Good to hear Linda is better. Bad to hear you hurt yourself.