What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

32coupe

Quote from: "enjenjo"Whats the story on the clock tower?

That's in a little mountain retreat town that is host to one of Australia's biggest rod runs, and parking around the clock tower is at a premium all weekend. I have never been able to get even close, until now :D  :D
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Charlie Chops 1940

Road trips just for their own sake are always good. Thanks for sharing.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

jaybee

Wow, looks like an awesome trip.

I'm taking my desk for a long drive today...again.

Seems to me I got a raw deal, though.  Last month my work week was reduced by 20%, now this week all at once I have to work 25% more.  What's up with that?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "jaybee"Wow, looks like an awesome trip.

I'm taking my desk for a long drive today...again.

Seems to me I got a raw deal, though.  Last month my work week was reduced by 20%, now this week all at once I have to work 25% more.  What's up with that?

Way back in the 80's the company I worked for went to 4 ten hour days. Being in management I was fortunate to work 5 ten hour days. The experiment didn't last long though - the extra 2 hours at production machines was too tiring and the average rate per hour fell quite a bit.

Then they started an incentive program company wide. That worked real good until the company had to start paying out. Lasted about a year.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

Nice trip report. Because I'm a bike and rod car, I see both view points.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "32coupe"

That's in a little mountain retreat town that is host to one of Australia's biggest rod runs, and parking around the clock tower is at a premium all weekend. I have never been able to get even close, until now :D  :D

It's neat that you got to park by it. Why is it there to begin with? Lest we forget?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Boyd Who

Loved the road trip photos! That's an incredible beautiful country!

Harry

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "32coupe"

It's neat that you got to park by it. Why is it there to begin with? Lest we forget?

The "clock tower" appears to be a cenotaph to honour the locals that have died in the wars.

32coupe

If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

enjenjo

Quote from: "32coupe"Hi Frank
It's a memorial to our Anzacs.  

http://www.awm.gov.au/commemoration/anzac/

I looked at the link. Aussies paid dearly in the war, 1 out of 7 casualties.

enjenjo

I worked on the AD truck a bit this week. I got the windlace done on the left side, and the door back on. Then we pulled the right door off the install the weather strip and the window in that door.

We have been working on the bed floor too. After it was cut and routed, we sanded it, then applying several coats of shellac to seal it. The shellac was not sanding good, eating a lot of paper and not smoothing out. Today I was reading on shellac finishes, and there was a method of scraping it to make it smooth. I figured I had nothing to loose, so I tried it. Boy, did that work nice! It's as smooth as glass now, and it only took about 3 hours to do the whole floor.  It's almost ready for the finish coat.

Crosley.In.AZ

Found  a  spindle for straight axle with Econoline spindles..  I had one  spindle  that was bent

Everything cleaned , greased, reinstalled finally.

Farting around with some chassis tubes this weekend ...  I hope
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Went to swap meet out in Apache Junction...  that is east of me 6 miles ...  looking for a 525 saginaw steer box, a few end wrenches 1 1/16 - 1 1/8

Ran into a fellow there, I've known for way too many years to count.  We had a chat about eBay and swap  meets.  He never does eBay , only sells at Swaps.  He loves the atmosphere at the swat meets.

Never thought I would see him there, he lives on west side of Phoenix. It is a bit of a drive to AJ area...  although most of it is freeway now ( if the freeway is open)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

Yesterday Linda and I were going through the news paper and surprisingly she took a look in the Classifieds. She mentioned a Jeep listed and I asked her if it was that RH Jeep that was probably an old mail carrier. That one has been in there forever but she replied that it was a newer listing. I don't normally get excited about Jeeps because they're usually out of my price range, have standard transmissions and don't have power steering or power brakes. This one won on most categories.  It's a '80 Jeep CJ7 with the big six (with a carb and no computer), automatic transmission, and power steering. There's no vacuum canister for power brakes but it stops easy (hydra-vac?). All for $2,500.00. We went to look at it yesterday and I was not impressed. It was just sitting outside with snow on it, one low tire and a dead battery (I was warned about it needing a battery). The body showed it's age but it is a serviceable vehicle. We left him with the idea that we'd get back to him and I spent a lot of hours awake last night coming up with reasons that I didn't need another project. Was going to call today and tell him that we were going to pass but he called first. He had AAA come and start it and pump up the tire and he drove it over for us to hear it run and see that it would move. Linda and I talked about it and even though I couldn't say I wanted it I couldn't tell her we should forget about it. While I was trying to talk myself out of it she got to talking to him and got him down to $2,000.00. So it might be because it's taking so long to get anything done with the phaeton (Jeepster) I may be driving a roadster to pass the time. We'll see (like I don't know what will probably happen). GPster

Carnut

I'm rooting for the Jeep purchase. Seems too good to pass up.