What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Cleaned the fish tank today. All 260imp. gallons of it . We are bringing a new fish home tomorrow. The cleanup is about a 4hour job if my son helps,we do it every 6 months.

Rrumbler

Set out on our third day of recovery, my Bride and I.  Our kids from California were here from Monday thru Thursday last, and our granddaughter brought us both a nice present: a cold; sniffle hack.  We had three days of a house full of seven year old girls, and teenage boys, and it rained the whole time so we couldn't even put 'em outside and lock the doors.  When the last one left Thursday evening, we both just sort of collapsed afterward.  Had a quiet Christmas.  Back to the race tomorrow.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

GPster

Quote from: "chimp koose"Cleaned the fish tank today. All 260imp. gallons of it . We are bringing a new fish home tomorrow. The cleanup is about a 4hour job if my son helps,we do it every 6 months.
I had to put the fence up around our's the other day (all 5500 gallons of it). The dogs were "Ice Skating" on it and Linda was afraid they'd break through the ice. We have a carp that does a lot of our cleaning and he's gone from about 7" long to over 2' in length. We're seriously considering having a swimming pool cleaning company come in and vacuum the bottom of ours next year. We found out that it is not wise to place a pond under a tree (Willow) but I already had the hole dug and the lining ordered. To get back to the subject the only thing I'm doing car related is reading the posts here daily. GPster

chimp koose

GPster , wow a 2' carp! Carp are my son's favourite fish.We have oscars ,our carp did not fare so well.There is a park about a mile from my house with a huge pond for runoff collection. There is a pumping system that recirculates the water so it doesn't go stale. Someone let out a hundred or so fish into it two summers ago. Now when you go for a walk past the pond you can see the orange fish at least 50' before you get to waters edge,they are getting big.

Boyd Who

Did a little more disassembly in the shop yesterday. The cab is unbolted and ready to be pulled off the chassis, and the engine/trans are two bolts away from removal. Once I have the cab off I'll yank the drivetrain.

I also mocked up the pair of used chrome reverse wheels I bought. Turns out they were not a matched pair...one has a smaller center hole than the other and won't fit on the 8" rear I have for the truck.  :(
I guess I'll just wait and order a new set of four once I determine exactly what front end I'll be using.

39deluxe

Working on my basement walls and storage area today. Going to Frank's tomorrow for the build day. When I get the basement finished I can clean out the shop and get going on fun things again.

Tom

chimp koose

Will be doing finish work on the65merc truck the next two days. Odometer,fuel gage,park brake,rear license plate light,temp gage,heater temp control do not work. I have all the parts from other truck to fix these. I also have to finish painting the doors and end gate. I will have to repaint the drivers side of the box as a co-worker painted some backward facing flames on that side as a joke.Remember this is a rustoleum foam roller job ,not a spray job.He will never rest for worry of the payback!!

enjenjo

Worked on the AD truck today. We got three coats of Shellac on the top side of the bed floor, about three more to go before the final finish. Tried to install the left quarter window again, ruined another rubber seal. :evil:  I gave him the rear glass, and told him to find someone else to do it. I installed the left door windlace, wired the power seats, and started on the AC wiring.

Then I moved things around for more room for the build day.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

32coupe

Choco has asked me to do some work on his son's Plymouth.

So after he dropped the motor and trans over, I fabbed up some nounts.

What do you think?

I like them :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

enjenjo

QuoteWhat do you think?

I like them

They look like the mounts I did on a 40 Plymouth truck for a 392 Hemi. They look good from here.

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteWhat do you think?

I like them

They look like the mounts I did on a 40 Plymouth truck for a 392 Hemi. They look good from here.
Not wanting to admit how OLD school I am they look like mid '50 Cadillac engine mount brackets. I don't know how old the idea is but I had to have seen it in a magazine in the late '60s. The junk yard I frequented pulled all the engines out of cars and when the owner had spare time he stripped engines down to clean cast iron because it was worth more than junk sheet metal. When I built my Model A, I went through the engine pile and found a set still on a motor. I had rescued a 354 Hemi out of a "Demolition Derby" car and started to build the car around it. As soon as I could run the motor it blew up.  Sitting in the motor pile it evidently got some junk in it. It was semi locked up but I got it free and never investigated why it was locked. Because the engine mount stands were already in the frame I put the Cadillac mounts on a '68 318 out of a Dodge Dart and everything fit the same as it did on the Hemi. Because of the amount of company we have had the only thing I've done with cars lately is make excuses why I haven't worked on them. GPster

papastoyss

Monday I took all the sheetmetal for my 40 coupe to Volunteer Auto Body aka Earl Scheib in Hartsville, Tn,. Off all this week from my day job so it's full blast on the frame in my home shop.I've installed rear boxing plates & reinforced the center section w/ 1.5 angle welded inside the rails. Would like to get the frame painted by the weeks end.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

32coupe

QuoteWhat do you think?

I like them

Yeah, I got the idea from another 392 I know of, the one out of that 48 paneltruck
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

enjenjo

Quote from: "32coupe"
QuoteWhat do you think?

I like them

Yeah, I got the idea from another 392 I know of, the one out of that 48 paneltruck

I didn't do them, but they were similar.

GPster

Quote from: "32coupe"
QuoteWhat do you think?

I like them

I didn't do them, but they were similar.
Speedway has them. I don't know where in their catalog but the appear in their magazine ads every once in a while. I seem to remember a price near $60.00 (a pair?) but I'm sure the cashe of '50s Cadillacs is drying up. One other way you might do it is take the '58 to '60s Chevy V8 motor mounts (the ones that torque would rip apart) and mount them upside down. Use a bolt through the bottom of the mount and the two top bosses on the side of the block. Then mount the triangular (motor) side of the mount to a plate with three bolts. GPster