What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I have Psoriatic arthritis. Most of the time it can be controlled with Ibuprofen. But when it starts getting bad I have to go in for shots. It's getting to that point again. There are special meds for it, but the side effects are worse than the pain.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have Psoriatic arthritis. Most of the time it can be controlled with Ibuprofen. But when it starts getting bad I have to go in for shots. It's getting to that point again. There are special meds for it, but the side effects are worse than the pain.

old pharts and medical chat.   :wink:   :wink:

Worse side effect I dealt with for a while was the "D" word with my colon. Folks at work knew if I was walking Fast towards the crapper, get out of my way or get knocked down.  :shock: It took over a year to get levels & type of meds figured out.  Of course the meds work against me with AZ heat.  I work in an evap cooled shop. Not any fun for 3+ months a year

With my lumbar stenosis arthritis , I deal with numbness & pain in my left leg & back.  If that gets bad , I step up to vicodin. I can no longer take ibuprofen, it conflicts with my current meds.

Good to read you guys are dealing with it & getting along.   I have a friend that was told last year he needs a lung transplant.  His life long smoking brought in a whole list of lung problems. He is on oxygen 24 - 7 now
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

I'm lucky! I have a different list of problems but I don't hurt. GPster

GPster

I've been working a little bit on the Jeepster this week (the limit of my concentration is about 2 half hour periods a day) Got my Amazon switches Monday. They must not know what language to label the switch terminals with so they aren't. I know which one is power in because of the switch mounted fuse so that's attached and the correct terminals are on the other wires to sort out when I get the lights mounted. The terminal box that was for the High Beam switch on the steering column had the terminals spaced the same as the floor mounted switch so that part will work well. I have proceeded to mounting the computer box. It is going to go in the glove box space. Somewhere I have the door for it and there is enough room in the opening that I can mount the computer "CHECK" terminal box behind that door too. Looking at pictures of parts rather than handling them did catch me like a thought it would. The cigarette lighter receptical I got is not for dash mounting. It will be a while before I get caught driving the Jeepster in the rain so I've got some time. May not be too long before I will be able to hear the electric fuel pump start and the starter solenoid click. GPster

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I have Psoriatic arthritis. Most of the time it can be controlled with Ibuprofen. But when it starts getting bad I have to go in for shots. It's getting to that point again. There are special meds for it, but the side effects are worse than the pain.

old pharts and medical chat.   :wink:   :wink:

Worse side effect I dealt with for a while was the "D" word with my colon. Folks at work knew if I was walking Fast towards the crapper, get out of my way or get knocked down.  :shock: It took over a year to get levels & type of meds figured out.  Of course the meds work against me with AZ heat.  I work in an evap cooled shop. Not any fun for 3+ months a year

With my lumbar stenosis arthritis , I deal with numbness & pain in my left leg & back.  
QuoteIf that gets bad , I step up to vicodin.
I can no longer take ibuprofen, it conflicts with my current meds.

Good to read you guys are dealing with it & getting along.   I have a friend that was told last year he needs a lung transplant.  His life long smoking brought in a whole list of lung problems. He is on oxygen 24 - 7 now

Good stuff ,huh  :?:  8)

It's my painkiller of choice ..... :roll:

We decided to do nothing with my spinal lumbar stenosis , the Dr. advised that after a $375K ++ medical procedure , I still won't walk any better, just my back & legs MAY not hurt as much & go numb ...  

He advised the walking situation will not improve & cannot be "repaired".. :(    Soooooooo......Eventually I will get my own "Scooter" ..... :idea:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat46

I had oral surgery last week, some bone cut out of my lower jaw. They prescribed Vicodin and after the second dose I had to stop, I couldn't function, was lightheaded and "spacey". I had a job to do but had to stay home. Do those effects wear off after you use it for a while? I can't understand people robbing and stealing to get Vicodin to feel like THAT!  :shock:

phat rat

Quote from: "phat46"I had oral surgery last week, some bone cut out of my lower jaw. They prescribed Vicodin and after the second dose I had to stop, I couldn't function, was lightheaded and "spacey". I had a job to do but had to stay home. Do those effects wear off after you use it for a while? I can't understand people robbing and stealing to get Vicodin to feel like THAT!  :shock:

That's because they like the high
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

We got Shelby's engine back in today. An exhaust gasket and some antifreeze and we can start it. I also finished rebuilding the two floor jacks I tore down last sunday. Both work like new.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "phat46"I had oral surgery last week, some bone cut out of my lower jaw. They prescribed Vicodin and after the second dose I had to stop, I couldn't function, was lightheaded and "spacey". I had a job to do but had to stay home. Do those effects wear off after you use it for a while? I can't understand people robbing and stealing to get Vicodin to feel like THAT!  :shock:

Depending on the strength or dosage they gave you , it can act that way on some people .. I am allowed 6 tablets per 24 hour period ... I have never tried that .. 2 tablets make the pain subside to the point where I can still function properly for a 24 hour period with no issues & very little pain .. If I ever took the full dose , I could see where it would have the effect you experienced ...In the past I have gone 3 to 4 weeks with no need to take the meds ... 8)
 It's nothing to fool with ..I also cannot understand why someone would take it with no need ..... :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

wayne petty

i should mention that as far as i know vicodin is tylenol and codine.. so you need to be very careful one does not overdose on it and shut down your kidneys requiring dialysis .. that is just what i understand and might be the reason that dialysis clinics are opening everywhere.. that could also be the mercury content in the fish and the dental work.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "wayne petty"i should mention that as far as i know vicodin is tylenol and codine.. so you need to be very careful one does not overdose on it and shut down your kidneys requiring dialysis .

I guess we may be getting too afar from automotive stuff, but:

yuuuup.  Vicodin was reclassified on the narc charts last year. DId not change the drug, but I have to pick up the script myself now. I must appear at the docs office for inspection when I need new script, which is seldom. I am very careful with the stuff. No side effects for me, it just works , does its job for which I am very happy

There is another med I take daily to control my pain.  I can ramp it up, if needed.  

Just .... tons of fun.  There is a laser procedure that is promising for my condition.  We will look at that when things get worse.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Fired up Shelby's car today. It has an exhaust leak. When Brett was putting the head pipes on, he asked if it needed a gasket, I thought they were both ball sockets, and said no, so he put it together. Surprise! The rear manifold has a flat flange. I told him it was his fault, but since I am a nice guy I would fix it.

Otherwise it runs fine.

kb426

I had a day of vacation. After doing all the household items, I went to work on my reverb kit. My first circuit board got fried mostly because I made a mistake. The manufactuer is a really good guy who sent me a replacement at no charge. He was sympathetic to people that didn't know all the electrical symbols on an outside the US wiring diagram.  :oops: I wired up the new board this morning and then went to work painting the alum. enclosure I made a few weeks ago. It's painted candy electric lime. I tried to get a good pic to show the magic of the candy but failed. The pic will give you an idea of the color.
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Spent the day at the Meltdown nostalgia drag races in Byron, IL in a sea of gassers, altereds, dragsters, super stocks, all racing heads up balls to the walls drag racing. Hooley has his Henry J running as wild and wooly as ever, WZJUNK and others are here. Had a great day and two more to go.

What sucks is that I left my GoPro at home and left my camera at the motel so no videos or pictures today. Tomorrow racing is from 11am-11pm with a break at 7pm for pin-up contest. I will remember my camera. :0-0

There's some coverage on Bangshift: http://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/2015-meltdown-drags-coverage-action-photos-from-what-may-be-the-best-nostalgia-race-in-the-usa/
George

kb426

The guitar reverb is completed. I now go back to the 51 Ford.
TEAM SMART