What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

Quote from: "348tripower"Well today is the day. At 11am the wife gets a whole new left knee. Looks like I will be out of the shop for a few days.

Wish her well for us !!!

enjenjo

Quote from: "348tripower"Well today is the day. At 11am the wife gets a whole new left knee. Looks like I will be out of the shop for a few days.

Tell her good luck for me.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Hip/knee replacement has become an almost routine operation, so she shouldn't have any problems.  Wish her well for me.

From what I hear, you be sure to do the exercises that the dr. tells you to do, and she'll be okay.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

river1

my brother recently got a new knee and the first few days/weeks are painful but in the end the results are worth it. my brother in law recently got two new knees on the SAME day :shock:   and is now thinking of running in a mini marathon :?

do what the doc and therapists says and she'll be up and around before you know it

GOOD WISHES towards your wife

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

chris spokes

she will be up and about walking within a day of the op
my wife had her knee done 6 months ago and left hospital on the third day
it is a lot of hard work but don't let her give up
all the best to your wife she will be a new woman
he who has the most toys wins

tom36

Had both of my knees replaced 11 years ago. Do the exercises, take your meds and it will all be worth it.  I can walk a flea market all day now! :lol: Tom...

kb426

TEAM SMART

416Ford

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"From what I hear, you be sure to do the exercises that the dr. tells you to do, and she'll be okay.

That what I hear also. Don't let her slack off one bit Don.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

wayne petty

off thread.. new game show..

catching carp the hard way..

http://giant.gfycat.com/RealisticVerifiableHarpseal.gif

there is something fishy about this..

wayne..  who is thinking.. that might actually be fun..

58 Yeoman

Wayne, google asian carp Illinois river and watch the fun.  There are a couple fishermen here who have the largest flat bottom jon boats I've seen who go out and fill the boats with these carp and take them to a fish processing place.  the boats' trailers have three axles.  A friend of mine says that they do taste good.

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

If those Asian carp get into the Great Lakes it will be a tragedy. It will decimate the commercial and sport fishing, tourism, and change the Lakes forever. They need to seriously address this now, it's only getting lip service and "monitoring" now. A few million spent now will prevent the futile spending of billions in the future trying to correct the problem once it happens.

Beck

The Kaskaskia River near me in southern IL has the asian carp problem. They have affected the boaters there. Imagine water skiing or tubing and being hit by one. Boat occupants have been hit by them at speed. Whack, slimy fish upside the head!

I expect it is not legal but I have seen videos of guys shooting them (shotgun and archery) off the back of boats. It looks like fun. The driver was wearing a helmet in those videos.

Local politicians have tried, without success, to interest a fish packing company to process them for pet food or export. Apparently some country likes to eat them.No they don't taste good and are boney.

348tripower

Today I am headed back to the hospital to see the princess.
The doc gave us a good report. She had something to eat last night and had the expected pain.
Surgery was 3.5 hours late due to a problem with another surgery. Long day for all of us.
Thanks for the well wishes I will pass them on.
Don Colliau

chimp koose

Like everyone else has said,make sure to do the physiotherapy when you are home. All the best to you , hope everything turns out well.

enjenjo

My 89 year old uncle came over today, he wanted a little welding done, about a half hour job. Between the bull stuff and the lies, it took about 4 hours. both of us thoroughly enjoyed it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.