What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Tonight I had to fix a burned out starter in my 65 ford 1/2 ton.last night someone tried to steal it and burned up the starter before giving up. I have a switched wire going to the coil.They then proceeded to steal my wifes truck out of our driveway. Insurance will wait 2wks before starting to process the claim. My wife loved that truck and wants it back. If they ever recover it I dont know what shape it will be in. For the time being my 65 merc truck project is on hold.

kb426

I've got nothing to report except work. Some of you are have rough days. My sympathies to you.
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

Now that the outside of my new shop is finished, I started to re-shingle the roof of my old garage. I should have it done by Sunday.

butch27

Wired up turn signals - put on new wheel cylinder and ready to fire tomorrow .

enjenjo

Today, I did nothing. Not for want of trying. I installed a Nu Relics power window kit in this 47 AD truck. The window would not go down all the way. After cecking for three hours for a reason, I called Nu Relics. They gave me a couple things to look for, but no solution. After more checking, I removed the motor from the lift, and it would go down all the way. :shock:  I marked it at the low point, and removed the lift. It needs about 3/4" more travel to go down all the way. In other words, three more teeth in the gear. By this time they were closed, so I have to wait until monday to call them again. :roll:

This is not the first time I have used these lifts, and no problems in the past. I'm sure it will be worked out.

So since I was at a dead end on that, I figured I would install the corner windows. Got the first one in, no tool to install the lock strip, none available until tuesday. :roll:  So I try to install the second window, and the weather strip is 4"  too short. :shock:

It was just one of those days.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

This stolen truck thing is getting me bummed out.My wife gets really attached to her vehicles , she was teaching our son to drive in this one. So I decided to try working on the project truck to distract myself. I welded up the 8 holes in the door from previous rear view mirrors and one hole in the lower corner of the door. Time for putty, putty on now where is the grater? I could blame it on the car thief but I know I misplaced it. I will have a lot of sanding tomorrow!Went and put on the last coat of white for the two tone.

unklian

Quote from: "enjenjo"
It was just one of those days.

Full Moon.  :wink:

phat rat

Nothing car wise. But this morning between 8:30 and noon I dropped 11 trees. Had a guy here with a loader and backhoe so the stumps are already gone. Now I need to cut, split and clean everything up. Six of the trees were done to make a larger parking space for my trailers.  Two were setting closer than we wanted for a three seasons room being added to the house within the next couple of weeks. The others were simply to open that portion of the yard to some sun. They are about evenly split between oak and maple. So I have a good supply of wood for heating the garage next winter.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

mrloboy

We had an open house at Lo-Boy's this afternoon. The Legends car club has a fall tour every September and they asked if they could stop for a tour of my shop today and see what projects we have on the go. This is their third stop in the past few years.  The weather was fine, cloudy but comfortable. Had about 50 cars in the tour. Everything from street rods to numerous muscle cars to late model 'vettes. Fun time. I love these tours. Makes me clean up the shop!

Boyd Who

I've really got to drop by for a visit and a coffee one of these days, Rick!

enjenjo

Today we worked at putting together the Fleetline I want to sell. Got the engine and trans inm and the front sheet metal installed. Still have to install the rear fenders and bumpers.

Also my buddy came over with his backhoe, and dug out for a parking pad about 40 by 40 next to the garage, and got the coarse stone down.

wayne petty

not to much today.. but tonight got terrifying..   since i live next to the hollywood freeway... there are crashes sometimes....

tonight was a big one...  by the time i got out there.. 5 cars had smashed together...  mostly off in the 3 and 4 lanes.. but this is at the bottom of a big hill and around a blind curve...   i could not see the cars at the front of the crash... but i could see the 2 that were at the back and they were full of people... the freeway was still flying... i started  waving my bright spot light at the crushed cars on the freeway to light them up... and let the on coming drivers see them... then i started yelling to get out of the cars and off the freeway... somebody next to me with a fog horn voice took over that... they were busy trying to get somebody out of the back seat and pick up their purses...  the guy next to me yelled even louder...  they got away from the car and not 10 seconds later 2 more cars came through at high speed and went right through the pile... those two cars stopped in the 1 and 2 lanes about 1000 feet farther down.. i did not see any body get out...   i kept flagging the back of the pile....   i watched the video of a camera man a few years back who shined his lights into the eyes of the traffic.. they watched him and drove straight into the crashed cars in front of them...

i think i am going to buy some road flares..  light them and throw them like grenades out onto the freeway to slow down traffic next time...   just wobbling the light is not that great...   i have not idea how the people in the cars are... the tow trucks moved them to the right shoulder and the fire trucks and paramedics were still with those cars when i left.. i did hear a siren about 10 minutes later...

those people would have been human bowling pins out there ... the 6th and 7th cars hit right were they were standing...

what causes me to cringe is the motorcycle riders who make late night runs on the hollywood freeway... at what sounds like 150+...  caltrans carved away about half an inch of the concrete surface to get rid of the highs and lows... so its like glass...   the salt flats  of hollywood..

enjenjo

Finished putting the Fleetline together, it's on Craigs list now. Also got the fines spead out on the new parking pad. It came out nice.

Crosley.In.AZ

fixed a header this evening.  the open  collector had caught on the trailer as a fellow was backing his car off.  cracked 3 tubes, one real bad

I cut the collector off, bolted the header to a head , tack welded it.  Then I welded the edges together, cut and fit a piece for the center....  then fit the collector back on.  Check for alignment, then fully weld up
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

Here's my new parking area. A fair amount of room now.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.