What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Great Photo's Carps .....  Thank You for posting .... 8)

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Mikej

Washed the Coupe yesterday and changed the oil. Went to coffee this morning. The first couple of nice days. Purrs like a kitten.

58 Yeoman

Thanks for the pix, Carps.  When I was growing up, there was an older couple living up the street that had a boxy Vauxhaul sedan.  I used to look in the windows at it, and walk around the outside looking at it.  I think that's what got me started on foreign cars, and to this day I still like odd-ball cars the best.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Thanks for the pix, Carps.  When I was growing up, there was an older couple living up the street that had a boxy Vauxhaul sedan.  I used to look in the windows at it, and walk around the outside looking at it.  I think that's what got me started on foreign cars, and to this day I still like odd-ball cars the best.

I had an uncle who always drive odd ball cars. He had a Borgward, Vauxhall, Simca, Renault, he did have a Miata when he passed.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I finished another T5 today. Now to get back to the one that won't shift. The Stude is done, goes for alignment tomorrow.

idrivejunk

I truly enjoyed peeking at the Australian cars, those things trip me out. Reminds me of the cars on Grand Theft Auto videogames, where they all look familiar but not from every angle. Also made me wonder if the Pontiac OHC6 was ever marketed overseas. Thanks for the post!

I was wondering where to find gas hose for my weedeater too. Bonus!
Matt

Rrumbler

Thanks for the show, Carps, those are great.  I particularly like that "One Tonner", and the "Yoots" - got me jonesin' for an El Camino or a Ranchero.  I agree that I found them to be somewhat unusual to look at, too; I kept thinking that the "negatives" must have been printed wrong side up, but, then the license plates were all reading correctly - made my mind spin.   :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  8)

I also kept noting the power lines in the background; like an old firehorse jumping at a bell, I spent my whole life building things like those, and couldn't keep from noticing them, virtually no different than the ones I used to help build - as if they ought to be, huh.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

enjenjo

Quote from: "enjenjo"Monday I assembled a Fox T5. At the end of the day, it would not shift into reverse. So yesterday, I pulled it all back down, examined every parts, exchanged the shift tower for a known good one, reassembled it, and it still won't shift into reverse. So today I did something else, so my nerves have a chance to settle.

I figured it out today. The picture shows the problem. I had a reverse gear shift fork from a T4, rather than the T5 fork I needed. I found it only because I compared that fork to another one I had on hand. The right fork is on the left.Shifts like a charm now.

jaybee

Thanks for the pics, Carps. A lot of them look "familiar yet strange" to these American eyes and that's very cool.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

phat46

Had to replace a caliper on my wifes Vue  this afternoon. I replaced the same caliper on Jan. 14 this year, it was seized. This one was seized also. That's ten weeks, it had a lifetime warrantee so it was replaced free, but it's just another example of "new" parts that are junk.

idrivejunk

I'm feeling the burn today, like most. Been bathing a '41 Ford pickup with filler for weeks on end and my shoulders are on FIRE! A '37 Packard coupe rolled in today also, for a (aw, maaan) SBC swap. What would be "the right" engine swap for one of those? The six did fire up. The '41 Ford is getting a "Coyote".
Matt

kb426

I want to see pics of the coyote in the 41.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"I want to see pics of the coyote in the 41.

Chassis should be in this week, so mockup soon. Valve covers will sit right up next to the hood/fender seam. All I'm doing right now is the mud work but if I catch them using the shoehorn on it later I'll snap a pic!
Matt

phat46

Quote from: "idrivejunk"I'm feeling the burn today, like most. Been bathing a '41 Ford pickup with filler for weeks on end and my shoulders are on FIRE! A '37 Packard coupe rolled in today also, for a (aw, maaan) SBC swap. What would be "the right" engine swap for one of those? The six did fire up. The '41 Ford is getting a "Coyote".

A friend has a '40 Packard coupe with a 440 Mopar in it....that seem right!

idrivejunk

Quote from: "phat46"A friend has a '40 Packard coupe with a 440 Mopar in it....that seem right!

Thats what the resident mopar guy suggested. I say Pontiac it!  :twisted:
Matt