What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"

I asked the Dr, he didn't have a good answer. How does the medicine know where it hurts?

Ya know, it is wacky.  The vicodin  relieves my back pain every time.. yet the pain in my elbows from one of the ''family of fun'' (arthritis, tendentious, ect) is not relieved  by the med.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Arnold

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

I asked the Dr, he didn't have a good answer. How does the medicine know where it hurts?

Ya know, it is wacky.  The vicodin  relieves my back pain every time.. yet the pain in my elbows from one of the ''family of fun'' (arthritis, tendentious, ect) is not relieved  by the med.

Different pain drugs work/do not work for different things and for different people.Try some different drugs..ask others. Try a different Dr. if you can.
 There is some science behind this.
 Not that uncommon is for some Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatories (NSAIDS)..the kind that have NO pain relieving properties but are great at reducing inflamation..to work at of course reducing the inflamation..then the pain goes.
 Some  need a scrip for the potential damage they can do.

Indocin is a good example. (Indomethicine) for me.

One example.
  Not uncommon is for a severe gout attack to simply not respond at all to ANY med's(including demerol and morphine)((been there done that))..except one.And no this is not a case where it has been used too much..(abused). The drug of choice in that case is colchicine.Colchicine is a scrip drug..a pretty bad poison.It lowers the white blood cell count. This of course lowers the white blood cell attack..that is the cause of the pain.Either killing them or modifying their behaviour. I don't think it's mechanism is known.
 BEFORE using it :!: ..get the strongest adhesive known to man..a good size tin of it..paint the toilet seat..grab a book.Sit your * down..You ain't leaving..even if you want to..leaving when you think it is safe..NO..USE THE ADHESIVE! :lol:

enjenjo

I tore down another T5, and put one together. And for a change this one worked on the first try. I think I found the problem on the other one, I believe I have the wrong shift rail in it for reverse gear.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Arnold"
 Different pain drugs work/do not work for different things and for different people.Try some different drugs..ask others. Try a different Dr. if you can.
 Not that uncommon is for some Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatories (NSAIDS)..the kind that have NO pain relieving properties but are great at reducing inflamation..to work at of course reducing the inflamation..then the pain goes.

Yes sir..  I am on 3 meds for my arthritis problems in  my back.  2 pain type meds,  1 anti inflammatory.  All meds at this point are mild on the scale of stuff.  Only cause n effect I have is my BP increased slightly.   There were other small problems till the levels of meds was worked out over a year or so..   8)
Tony

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "Arnold"

Yes sir..  I am on 3 meds for my arthritis problems in  my back.  2 pain type meds,  1 anti inflammatory.  All meds at this point are mild on the scale of stuff.  Only cause n effect I have is my BP increased slightly.   There were other small problems till the levels of meds was worked out over a year or so..   8)

I took the last of my pain medicine last week.  I hope I do not start again anytime soon.  I had been on one thing or another for the last 20 years.  The surgery on my back took the pain away.  I am still not back to the physical condition that I would like to be, but I feel better everyday.  

As a side note, I have not had a cigar in nearly 6 months.  I am sure that those of you have been caught down wind of me will appreciate the fact that I will not be blowing smoke your way.  Pay no attention if I back slap you for no apparent reason, or scream and holler at a moments notices.  I do not have a lot of patience or tolerance for things that do not go my way.  Since I am still under my doctors care, I have been unable to return to work.  To help protect the school children I am resigning from my bus driving job today.  I decided that I have had all the bus driving fun I can stand.  It was a good time for me to quit (the smoking and the bus driving).  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

grazza

Don't worry John, the patience and tolerance will come back to you in 4 or 5 years time, 6 tops.  :lol:  Biggest problem I faced when I gave up smoking was my food started tasting so * good. So * good I ended up carrying an extra 20 Kgs, which by the way I still have and just don't seem to be able to slip away from. Hope you're back to your old self sooner rather than later. Must be good to be off the drugs. Is school bus driving really fun?
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

phat46

Had  a doctor appointment last week and  had a blood draw done. This week I get a phone call from his office. Oh oh, that's usually not good after a blood draw. Amazingly they told me to stop taking one of my meds, the tests showed normal levels!!! At least one thing is normal about me.  :D

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "grazza"Don't worry John, the patience and tolerance will come back to you in 4 or 5 years time, 6 tops.  :lol:  Biggest problem I faced when I gave up smoking was my food started tasting so * good. So * good I ended up carrying an extra 20 Kgs, which by the way I still have and just don't seem to be able to slip away from. Hope you're back to your old self sooner rather than later. Must be good to be off the drugs. Is school bus driving really fun?

I have gained some weight, and I was already to short for the amount that I weighed, so this is even worse.  I think that I can get the weight gain under control.

I liked most of the bus driving.  I am a retired teacher and that makes it easier.  The driving is not bad, it is dealing with the children's problems as you drive that becomes challenging.  It paid well for a part time job.

I live about a half mile from the bus garage.  On those cold still winter mornings, I can lay in my warm bed and hear the backup alarm go off at 6:15 as someone else backs it out of the garage.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

I made some lower dash filler panels for this Stude I am working on. I hammer formed them.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

416Ford

It's been a LONG time since I had a smooth and quite engine in one of our classic cars. My engine in the 46 has always had a light tick until the rocker stud pulled out beyond a minor ticking sound. My wife's 65 Galaxie had the 135000 mile tick from day one so it has been at least ten years.
Tonight we adjusted the rockers on the rebuilt heads and Voila ...
:D  :D  :D
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

purplepickup

Quote from: "416Ford"My wife's 65 Galaxie had the 135000 mile tick from day one so it has been at least ten years.
I had a '75 Ford Econoline with a 351 that ticked from new until I sold it with over 160K miles.  It ran great the whole time.

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"As a side note, I have not had a cigar in nearly 6 months.  Pay no attention if I back slap you for no apparent reason, or scream and holler at a moments notices.  I do not have a lot of patience or tolerance for things that do not go my way.  
Us quitters understand, John.  They say the orneryness goes away after a few years....but it doesn't. :twisted:  I always used to admire your cool, calm, collected demeanor.....oh well...
George

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"

As a side note, I have not had a cigar in nearly 6 months.  I am sure that those of you have been caught down wind of me will appreciate the fact that I will not be blowing smoke your way.  Pay no attention if I back slap you for no apparent reason, or scream and holler at a moments notices.  I do not have a lot of patience or tolerance for things that do not go my way.  

Since I am still under my doctors care, I have been unable to return to work.  To help protect the school children I am resigning from my bus driving job today.  I decided that I have had all the bus driving fun I can stand.  It was a good time for me to quit (the smoking and the bus driving).  

John

Hmmmm, I have never smoked.    Wonder what my drive is?  LOL, actually I know.

it is good to know when to quit.  Some folks can make the decision, others never can
Tony

wayne petty

http://gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

just in case you missed it..

might be worth looking at if you own a gm car or truck.

rooster

Quote from: "wayne petty"http://gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

just in case you missed it..

might be worth looking at if you own a gm car or truck.

Thanks Wayne!