What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

Work seems to be settling down as does my personal life and finally I got back in the garage this weekend.  Cleaned off the benches and made a new adjuster screw for my Oxy regulator.  Next up isn't fun stuff, it's putting head gaskets in my brother's Taurus but it'll feel good to have tools in my hand and grease under my nails.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

You can tell that I live in the desert by: my wife and I had the pleasure of standing in the garage and watching it rain some. It has been about 30 days since there was a rain. It was 98 degrees here today. That was higher than predicted by a few degrees. the rain cooled it down and it smelled great. A great way to end a monday.
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

somebody crashed into my pre impacted van

ruined a really nice early 240D...  lost her brakes...  took a short cut across the ivy.. took out a stop sign...  tried to make the corner and hit the only piece of straight metal on the van...

whats really funny.. when i opened the door.. there was a wrinkled dollar bill sitting on the floor...  must have been really hard to knock money loose..

chimp koose

swapped truck boxes today. the lesser of two rusty evils goes on the project truck.I am really starting to enjoy this hack job I am doing.

enjenjo

Wayne, I have not seen a Ford van of that style on the road in years.

I finished up the loader bucket yesterday, looks like new. I had to make a new back for it, the old one was too twisted up to straighten.

Today I started assembling the left door on the AD truck. I got the weatherstripping on, and started on the window channel.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

32coupe

I bought a new daily driver this week, so the old one is getting scraped out, the engine is sold and so are a few odds and ends.

So I will be spending the next few days pulling it apart and listing stuff on Ebay :D

I have to pay for the new car somehow.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

chimp koose

I picked up a grenaded engine for parts from a racer friend today.I now will disassemble it and see what I can use.It has a callies crank that I may have to straighten,Canfield heads that need valves and guides and a billet roller cam that seems ok but will probably need to be straightened.It also has splayed 4 bolt billet main caps ,SFI rated balancer,complete stud kit and aluminum water pump.

wayne petty

Quote from: "chimp koose"I picked up a grenaded engine for parts from a racer friend today.

i have always wanted to ask this...

did somebody push on the throttle so hard they knocked the pin loose on the grenade??? causing the explosion of parts.?????? :wink:

and frank...

that van was a free one over 20 years ago..   the junk yards would not take it without pay... so my boss gave it to me...  i drove it for a while...  gave it to another friend who ran it for almost 20 years and now it has returned.. 69/e200/289/C4/9 inch posi... i know the original owner..  he bought 12 of them identical in 1968...   used them in his hardwood floor installation and finishing service..  battered and abused by hundreds of different drivers who did not care for it..  he says it had over a million miles on it when he gave it to me..  pull the choke out..   pump the gas a dozen times while cranking the motor and it will start and run all day long..  i am hoping to get the most wrinkled car in hollywood award.. my ranchero is a close second...

frank.. google map my snail mail address.. and use street view to see both of them parked on the street...

enjenjo

Went to the Rebel Run today, first time in about 6 years. Lots of nice cars there, I was entry number 1807.

Now my dad and mom are taking me out for my birthday. :D

sirstude

Just got done moving the seat in my son's new/used car back 2 inches.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

Those of you that have been on this forum for 3 years might remember that the dash in my 32 was all white. I got tired of it. Here's one of today's projects.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I did some fiddling today with my Simca today (saturday)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Wayne... About the grenaded engine. Someone held the nitrous on enough to hang three rods out the block and pan. Two more  rods got shrapnel wounds that tore the beams. Timing chain broke ,all the valves are bent,four pushrods broken.The billet roller cam looks untouched and the solid roller lifters appear fine.I will check the crank ,rods and cam for straight,fix them if needed. If this was an aluminum block the damage would be repairable.

enjenjo

I finished putting the left door together today. The insulation/sound deadener finally came in. One down, one to go.

Topsterguy

Quote from: "OldSub"I'm laying in a hospital bed hoping to be released today.  No hot rod projects the last few months and won't be again for a few more, but I'm recovering from cancer so its not a bad thing!

All the best in your recovery - there's just TOO much of that going around nowdays! What'd I do today - I tried to put the door windows in my 40 pickup! That didn't go well! I'll be picking up a new one in a day or so!! :cry:
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"