What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

I've gotten the '99 Ranger brakes done, plus checked it all over, and am giving it to my younger daughter this afternoon as an early Birthday present.  I'll junk her Taurus or donate it.  Anyone know which is the best place to donate an auto?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Boyd Who

I put the Essex into winter storage on Saturday. Sure didn't drive it much this summer, maybe 300 miles total. I'll spend the winter finishing up the inside of the new shop so it's ready when I start the Essex rebuild in the spring.

sirstude

Quote from: moose
Quote from: "sirstude"Just got done replacing my hot water heater.  Soon as my son gets home, I have to drag the old one out of the basement. [/quote

Make sure to drain it before trying to get it up the stairs. I had a friend ruin his back because he did not want to wait for it to frain. Water is heavy!!!!!

Tim

I did let it drain all night just to make sure, still was not fun hauling it up the stairs, but it is in the truck right now and that mess is done.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

GPster

I've spent the day trying to remember how to eat solid food. Last Tuesday I had a strange feeling in my stomach. I called my wife at work and relayed the symptoms to her. Some people at her work had been having some kind of stomach virus and I resolved myself to the fact that the problem would pass (literally). Wednesday had gotten worse but still bearable. Wednesday night I got so weak curled around the "Throne" that my wife had to get the computer chair and help me into it so she could use it  to wheel me back to bed. Thursday the Squad took me to the hospital where it all was diagnosed as an impacted bowl. Didn't seem anything like the last time it happened and it took till yesterday for Jello and broth to seem like a safe bet. Seemed to be a shortage of family with handy "lap tops" so I couldn't Log-in, read or talk. I'm home now so I won't be so quiet tomorrow. GPster

enjenjo

It's good to hear you are better.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Impacted bowl..

impacted bowel would be no fun

good to hear stuff is moving again
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

GPster good to hear you are OK. Been there ,done that . Not at all fun.

kb426

I'm repainting the triangle door panel covers and the spokes on the steering wheel on the 32. They're going from green to black. If I don't like them, I'll try something else. I went to Hooker Ok. to a car show yesterday. It had 184 cars. It was a pretty good day. Nice weather and some good people to visit with.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

went to small swap meet sunday morning in AJ. Mayb 25 - 30 folks selling stuff.  

Dang near bought a mini bike for 80.00 dollars.  Was complete with real Briggs engine on it.  Who would have thought that the phrase : " It is a real Briggs engine, not Chinese copy" .. would be part of the discussions on mini bikes?

Fiddled with front axle narrowing on Simca gasser project idear.  Width looks close so far
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Tony, I believe your Taco was a model 22. That's what I was looking for when I found the 44.
TEAM SMART

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

58 Yeoman

Strung two 300 foot strands of barbed wire to replace the old rusty stuff between my yard and the neighbors pasture where he grazes cows.  I have one more 300' strand to run.  That's the easy part...taking down the old rusty twisted wires is a bear to do.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

taxpyer

Putting a new engine in my van.............. interesting. :? Anyone have a shoe horn I can borrow? :lol:
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

chimp koose

Drag raced this weekend. Funny how you miss the simple stuff. We found a simple problem and fixed it , found .2 seconds on a 9 second car. The guy we always pit next to found a basic problem ,fixed it and ran a 7.84 down from 8,60's . He was thrilled to say the least.

Boyd Who

Didn't do too much over the weekend. Got the last of the gable-end fascia trim done on the new shop though. All that's left to do on the exterior are the rain gutters and some landscaping. This week's project is putting new shingles on the old garage.