What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

I have had four days in a row to work on the '40 coupe after fitting the 350 with the T56 6 speed in it last Monday. Took an afternoon to nibble interferences away in the back of the x-member. Then a day of welding edges back of the x rails from the 700r4 fit in a prior build. New transmission tunnel about done and a lot of floor fixes around the tunnel opening.It had been so hacked up I had to start with new reproduction toe boards to find where everything had to go.

Maybe take some pictures tomorrow.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Glen

You have seen some of my in car videos, the camera is mounted solid.  This is what tire shake feels like.

The outside temp was about 82, im sure the track temp was well above 115.
probably not the best track prep either.

I should have lengthened the amount of time I pulled power out of it and just made a solid slower run.   The good news is I took some preload out of the four link and got the car launching more square, it was dipping the right rear and lifting the left front too much.

348tripower

Quote from: "kb426"Frank, you and I drank the same water today.

It wasn't just you two.  :D  I made two trips to auto zone yesterday just to put a fuel pump in the Jeep.  
Got a new pump strainer but forgot the module strainer.
12 miles round trip. 1/2 hour each time.
Think I will stick with the beer rather than the bad water :lol:
Good news is it runs great!!!!!!!
Don Colliau

purplepickup

Two more bone grafts in my jaws today.  Hurt my back shoveling wet snow last weekend....never had a back problem before.  At least I'm getting double benefit from the pain meds.  This getting old stuff is getting old. :(
George

enjenjo

Quote from: "purplepickup"Two more bone grafts in my jaws today.  Hurt my back shoveling wet snow last weekend....never had a back problem before.  At least I'm getting double benefit from the pain meds.  This getting old stuff is getting old. :(

You have my sympathy
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "purplepickup"This getting old stuff is getting old. :(

Better than the alternative  :roll:

Take care and follow DR's orders

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

tom36

[quote=" This getting old stuff is getting old. :([/quote]
 It's definatly not for the weak  :)   Tom...

phat rat

Quote from: "tom36"[quote=" This getting old stuff is getting old. :(
It's definatly not for the weak  :)   Tom...[/quote]

The weak don't get old :cry:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

UGLY OLDS

QuoteThis getting old stuff is getting old. :(
[/quote]

George ...You are no different than the rest of us ...  :?
The mind's alert...The body's shot ..... :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I was dumb enough to think that if you didn't abuse your body that you would be good until you fell over dead. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Better living thru pharmaceuticals ; became my motto a few yrs ago

also:

Pain management is your friend
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rrumbler

Quote from: "kb426"I was dumb enough to think that if you didn't abuse your body that you would be good until you fell over dead. :)

That's what I thought , too.  Only problem is what I thought was good for me, hard work and good living turned out to be what is doing me in.   :?  :?  8)
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Arnold

Quote from: "kb426"I was dumb enough to think that if you didn't abuse your body that you would be good until you fell over dead. :)

It is a REAL TRAGEDY WHEN a man DOES NOT ABUSE HIS BODY
 and this kind of stuff happens :twisted:

I have pretty much always seen,FELT  those kinds of "abuses" as pleasure :twisted:

I say abuse it..let the bone chips fall where they may :lol:

Gotta check my "balance" now..(how much pleasure I have had versus pain). Looks like I am still good for a smoke and a beer :lol:

Take care guys..

Arnold

Quote from: "purplepickup"Two more bone grafts in my jaws today.  Hurt my back shoveling wet snow last weekend....never had a back problem before.  At least I'm getting double benefit from the pain meds.  This getting old stuff is getting old. :(

Good Luck there buddy..

enjenjo

I asked the Dr, he didn't have a good answer. How does the medicine know where it hurts?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.