What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fast401

Quote from: "Arnold"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Ordering the necessary parts & pieces to install fuel tank # 4 in
my pickup..   :roll:

You guys in the southwest don't know how good you have it .....

I HATE RUST... :twisted:  :

Bob..... :wink:

No plastic lined tank available?

Several years ago we got a"NEW" :evil: type of salt/brine for our VEHICLES :roll:  up here.

I have heard it is pretty hard to get off? :evil:  There is already some special stuff to get it off that is sold. Also our major rustproofer reccommends some type of treatment now before rustproofing to get this stuff off.

Even then..daily drivers up here..do whatever you want to/with them to protect them. There are just tons and tons of problems relating to them rusting in inaccessible places when they reach about 12-13 years. Pretty hard to keep a daily driver up here on the road that is over that age.

Even if it isn't/hasn't rusted out..sometimes some part that is no longer available can do them in.
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!!!

fast401

Quote from: "fast401"
Quote from: "Arnold"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Ordering the necessary parts & pieces to install fuel tank # 4 in
my pickup..   :roll:

You guys in the southwest don't know how good you have it .....

I HATE RUST... :twisted:  :

Bob..... :wink:

No plastic lined tank available?

Several years ago we got a"NEW" :evil: type of salt/brine for our VEHICLES :roll:  up here.

I have heard it is pretty hard to get off? :evil:  There is already some special stuff to get it off that is sold. Also our major rustproofer reccommends some type of treatment now before rustproofing to get this stuff off.

Even then..daily drivers up here..do whatever you want to/with them to protect them. There are just tons and tons of problems relating to them rusting in inaccessible places when they reach about 12-13 years. Pretty hard to keep a daily driver up here on the road that is over that age.

Even if it isn't/hasn't rusted out..sometimes some part that is no longer available can do them in.

My son works for ODOT and the brine they use here is just water and salt.
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!!!

wayne petty

diesel dusenbergs at indy in 1934

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/news/1402_mystery_machine_pilot_injection/

just in case you are not doing something in the next 5 minutes..

Crosley.In.AZ

Visited the Snottsdale Pavillions car gathering saturday. It starts early with car auctions in town.

A large amount of different vehicles to view that normally not seen there.  Met up with some friends I've not seen for a while.  These folks seem to be gettin older.   :shock:  

I drove my 1983 Monte out there...  of course the fuel filter in the carb was clogging up again from the blended gasoline we have here.  I "think" when the Monte sits for a few days: the fuel dries up in the carb. This leaves some residue in the filter... bit by bit the filter clogs.

I have a filter at the frame before the fuel pump. It never clogs up, since it stays wet: "I think" ... Some times thinking gets me in trouble
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

It got up to 69 degrees here this afternoon. It was 29 this morning. I spent some time today modifying a H.F. stool. One of my friends is in love with diamond pleat pattern. He's about to get a surprise. I had all the cycles out, washed the truck, cleaned the garage, etc. This was a great day for the middle of January. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

finally got some work done on front yard planter.  Another project that was side lined from my motorcycle crash
Tony

Mikej

Quote from: "kb426"It got up to 69 degrees here this afternoon. It was 29 this morning. I spent some time today modifying a H.F. stool. One of my friends is in love with diamond pleat pattern. He's about to get a surprise. I had all the cycles out, washed the truck, cleaned the garage, etc. This was a great day for the middle of January. :)

You forgot to shine your shoes.... :lol:

kb426

TEAM SMART

jaybee

I'm helping the widow next door by running new water lines for her. The house is fully plumbed with 60-year-old galvanized pipe that barely dribbles anymore.

This is my first time working with PEX, and I like it. The crimp rings aren't hard to check with the go/no go gauge, and its flexibility has advantages. I can lay in the whole run without having to put the piping just where the old is coming out to keep down the amount of time without water, and in an old house it's also handy to route it through spaces you couldn't use for hard piping.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

It was -1 this morning and reached 51 this afternoon. The weather report is for a descent weekend followed by the deepfreeze on monday. I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow but I plan on taking advantage of afternoon temps.
TEAM SMART

papastoyss

Quote from: "jaybee"I'm helping the widow next door by running new water lines for her. The house is fully plumbed with 60-year-old galvanized pipe that barely dribbles anymore.

This is my first time working with PEX, and I like it. The crimp rings aren't hard to check with the go/no go gauge, and its flexibility has advantages. I can lay in the whole run without having to put the piping just where the old is coming out to keep down the amount of time without water, and in an old house it's also handy to route it through spaces you couldn't use for hard piping.
I had PEX water line ran from my house to my shop in 2009. I don't heat the shop at night & so far no problems, it was 2* here this AM
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

river1

Quote from: "kb426"It was -1 this morning and reached 51 this afternoon. The weather report is for a descent weekend followed by the deepfreeze on monday. I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow but I plan on taking advantage of afternoon temps.

Our AZ forcast
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

That forecast looks pleasant. ^^
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "jaybee"

We bought a house in 1985.  A new construction house.  Never thought to ask or knew that some type of Polybutylene plastic plumbing had been approved in city of Phoenix.  I doubt it was PEX.. as I recall it was a gray color, with copper compression rings at connections

Years later; I guess this Polybutylene tube started failing at a high rate. There were new companies created to fill demand for repairs - re-plumb with copper
Tony