What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Quote from: "50 F1"In the hospital for the 4th day. Had some pretty major surgery friday. Had allot of plumbing removed and some added. Rectal cancer. Get your colonoscomys we are all getting older

Mike
Mike it's good that they dealt with it quickly and thanks for sharing personal info.  It's definitely a vivid reminder to everyone to get checked regularly even if there are no symptoms.  They've found & removed polyps in my colon and I have to have a retest every year for a while.  Without the test & removal they say the polyps could have turned into cancer.

Best wishes, prayers, and thoughts go to you from this side of the state.
George

Mikej

I have been checking on the Lambrecht car auction. Go to the first day sale and click on start bidding to see pre sale bids.  The new cars are getting out of my price range because I would have to drive them instead of look at them. The red corvair might still be ok. Must be I few people out there who like them. Anyone going?

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/online_auction.htm

kb426

I'm media blasting parts from the 51 Ford. That brings meaning to "labor day weekend"!
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Quote from: "Mikej"I have been checking on the Lambrecht car auction. Go to the first day sale and click on start bidding to see pre sale bids.  The new cars are getting out of my price range because I would have to drive them instead of look at them. The red corvair might still be ok. Must be I few people out there who like them. Anyone going?

I find it amazing what some prices are. $18750 for this already and it's still 4 weeks before the actual auction?

1955 Chevrolet Belair 150 Sedan. It is a 2dr. This is part of the Lambrecht Chevrolet Company used car inventory. It was inside and then went outside. VB55K066803. The car is yellow in color and has some rust in the lower body and the floor. It has a 265 V8 and Automatic Transmission. There are only 29,870 miles on the odometer. It does not run. The interior is 2T Green and white with cloth and vinyl bench seat. manual windows and locks. Am radio. The interior is rough condition.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "Mikej"I have been checking on the Lambrecht car auction. Go to the first day sale and click on start bidding to see pre sale bids.  The new cars are getting out of my price range because I would have to drive them instead of look at them. The red corvair might still be ok. Must be I few people out there who like them. Anyone going?

I find it amazing what some prices are. $18750 for this already and it's still 4 weeks before the actual auction?

1955 Chevrolet Belair 150 Sedan. It is a 2dr. This is part of the Lambrecht Chevrolet Company used car inventory. It was inside and then went outside. VB55K066803. The car is yellow in color and has some rust in the lower body and the floor. It has a 265 V8 and Automatic Transmission. There are only 29,870 miles on the odometer. It does not run. The interior is 2T Green and white with cloth and vinyl bench seat. manual windows and locks. Am radio. The interior is rough condition.
It's really too bad that the cars that were never sold, with less than 20 miles on them, were stored either outside or in unheated sheds.  The descriptions and pictures show rust and dents.  It's hard to understand why some people would rather let a car rot away instead of letting someone buy it and truly preserve it as a real survivor.
George

Crosley.In.AZ

Cutting tubes out of the Morris Minor car roll cage.

Slow progress, scrap it or something
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"Cutting tubes out of the Morris Minor car roll cage.

how come?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Boyd Who

Quote from: "chimp koose"Boyd Who , I am glad you did not sell the truck and am also glad you have new room mates. I have never lived without a pet since the age of 7.

Thank you. I never really wanted to sell the truck but my lack of enthusiasm and dwindling bank account had me seriously thinking about it. I guess in a way it was lucky that there was no interest in it when I advertised it. I'm working with my bank to see if I can renegotiate my loans. I still won't have any cash to put into the Essex but I have lots of things I can do on it that don't cost anything.

With the exception of a few years I've had cats most of my life. Salem's death hit me really hard as I'd been away for 17 days on a motorcycle trip and came home to her in very bad shape. The vet was able to give her something to get her through the weekend so I got to spend a few more days with her. The new cats are adapting fairly quickly, although I have a feeling my house will be in a shambles for awhile.  :lol:

GPster

Quote from: "tomslik"

how come?
Might make the cage easier to ship East so it can be put into a Crosley ? GPster

kb426

TEAM SMART

Arnold

Well..my 1989 Craftsman lawntractor..brute strength..still does a great job on cutting the grass :D got a flat yesterday.
 Today I went to pump it up..not taking air..hmmm..Ahh..'cause something had torn the inside of the tire apart :shock:
 There is a bracket that is welded to the bottom of the king pin that the
"tie rods" attach to

The weld broke..king pin just flops around in the bracket.Bracket chewed up tire inside.
  Easily re-weldable.

JUNK :lol: that lawn tractor has only lasted 24 years. What has been fixed/replaced on it? A few  batteries,plugs,belts,ignition switch.
Oh yeah..for the last 4 years I have to use it with the hood up..otherwise it overheats :lol: That is all right..It STILL overheats haha..I just run in till it quits..give it a rest..and away I go again

Ya..plenty of grease on the king pin..

Oh yeah..I remember now..I did hit something ..pretty hard..a while ago. :lol:

I can't believe the deck is still good..and I never clean it :oops: just wait till it cools and put it back in the shop.Seat is like new.Cuts great..haven't sharpened the blade in 4 years.

I have about a 200X200 yard to cut too

kb426

I have some parts in black epoxy primer. I ran out of time to get all that was blasted covered with 2 coats but it won't take long tomorrow to finish. I had more parts than space. :D
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

how come?

I have 2 drag car projects in the shop.  I think , 1 too many
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

trying to a find locksmith store to cut some keys is near impossible around here.  Open on the weekend? nope.

so, at Lowes today I chat with the fellow there to get a key cut for the 1983 Monte I have.

Only have one key, been trying to get the extra set from my older brother. That has become a cluster F - mess. He has them, the keys are in Black Canyon City now.....  long story & I aint driving to Black Canyon city up the hill. My bro lives in north Phoenix

back to the story.  Lowes guy looks at the key:  " boy that is an old GM car?" I tell him it is a 83... he rolls his eyes and says: " oh boy, that is an old one"..  so I ask him about getting a key cut for my 1962 Ford Falcon; that may be a ''no go?''  Answer was : " cant do that one"
Tony

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"

how come?

I have 2 drag car projects in the shop.  I think , 1 too many

what's the other one?
falcon?

btw, got an Ace hardware store there?
they did mine for the thing I bought last weekend...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list