What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Beer seems to keep scorpions away here in Michigan.  I haven't seen a single one since I started drinking and spilling beer over 48 years ago.
George

jaybee

Guess I'd better go to the fridge and open a beer then.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"
Depends on the area of town you live in, I haven't seen a scorpion since I was in middle school, which was a couple  :wink:  of years ago

later jim

I would see scorpions here n there.  1 or 2 in the house (maybe)  a year.  Then , I was stung by a scorpion in my bed. Kinda whizzed me off

I bought the small black light sold in many places now in Arizona, we had some bug spray that claimed to kill them. In 3 weeks time, I had killed , sprayed, stomped on 38 scorpions.  Probably killed more than 50 now in 2+ years

The scorpions like desert landscape, block walls (fence).  Especially around the corner and center pillars of the block fence common in Arizona. I dont find them in grass too often
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

my Chandler home did not have scorpions, but the new home does....I have an exterminator coming out once a month to spray the yard.  First thing he hits is the block wall with a powder substance.  Trying to eliminate the food source, and seal off the house.

I go out about 1030 with the black light and small torch. I was told they carry their brood on their back

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"my Chandler home did not have scorpions, but the new home does....I have an exterminator coming out once a month to spray the yard.  First thing he hits is the block wall with a powder substance.  Trying to eliminate the food source, and seal off the house.

I go out about 1030 with the black light and small torch. I was told they carry their brood on their back

We have dry granules now too. BOught the stuff from Pest n Weed Mart near us.  He was very specific where to install the granules = at fence pillars, rock landscape near house. You want the scorpions crawling thru it. Spread granules, light water over it.

The new spray is what I used the other nite and it worked like a champ
Tony

wayne petty

i wonder how much the pet store pays for backyard scorpions..

might be worth capturing them in bottles..

i bought a black light flash light for the exact same reason ..

for a friend up near mojave..

much cheeper than the ones from HVAC suppliers

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/FL-UV2/UV-FLASHLIGHT-21-LED/1.html

home depot also sells 11 buck UV flashlights..
20 buck ones also

Scorpion Master 28 LED UV Flashlight   
Model # 900221
Internet # 203772119
$19.97 / each

but they also sell 5 buck

Feit Electric 13-Watt (60W) Twist CFL Light Bulb - Black light..
Model # BPESL15T/BLB
Internet # 100553168
Store SKU # 246783
$4.98 / each

Bulb Color     Black Light     
Bulb Diameter (In.)     2
Bulb Length (In.)     4.7     
Dimmable     No

and then..

Scorpion Master Bug Grabber + 10 Stick-N-Seal Traps   
Model # 900226
Internet # 203772132

$9.97 / each

Scorpion Bug Grabber- Capture, kill and dispose of scorpions. All from a SAFE 3 ft. distance. Great for roaches, spiders, crickets, ants, and more. With the Stick-N-Seal Traps and a 36 in. reach, you will never have to get near the bugs again. Easy, one hand operation. Get bugs in hard to reach places. No more bug spray or poison. Non-toxic and pet safe. The Scorpion Bug Grabber Story: Invented in Arizona to combat the formidable bark scorpion, the unique STICK-N-SEAL TRAPS along with the Scorpion Bug Grabber give you the ability to capture a scorpion or any bug off the or wall- seal it within the adhesive trap- and dispose of it, all with just one hand while maintaining a safe 36 in. distance. This amazing product is effective for many of the insects that invade your home- including: roaches, crickets, earwigs, spiders, ants, and almost any other crawling bug. There is also a very convenient flashlight clip so you can hunt at night and find scorpions with a Scorpion Master UV Blacklight (flashlight sold separately). The Scorpion Bug Grabber holds the adhesive traps so you can smash the pest, fold the trap over (ensuring to trap the bug if it's still kicking), and drop the trap in the trash, for a safe, no-stress, easy-to-use solution to almost any insect invader in your home, all while staying 3 ft. away. The convenient flashlight clip also serves as a clip for extra Stick-N-Seal Traps (10 included) for easy access to more traps, on the GO.

STICK-N-SEAL traps + 36 in. reach = never get near the bug
   Capture, Kill, and dispose of scorpions all from a safe 3 ft. distance
   Great for roaches, spiders, crickets, ants and more
   Easy, lightweight, one hand operation, get bugs in hard to reach places
   No more bug spray, Non-toxic, pet safe
   Convenient flashlight clip to see scorpions glow
   Includes 10 adhesive 3 in. x 4 in. size STICK-N-SEAL traps
   MFG Model # : 900226
   MFG Part # : 900226

chimp koose

jeez the worst we get are gophers up here! I guess 4' of snow will do that.

wayne petty

i just ran across this... 2005 to 2010  F250 and F350 super duty owners should watch this...
its only 2 minutes..

steering box gears that fracture.. is not a good thing...

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: Crosley
Quote from: "river1"
Depends on the area of town you live in, I haven't seen a scorpion since I was in middle school, which was a couple  :wink:  of years ago

later jim

I would see scorpions here n there.  1 or 2 in the house (maybe)  a year.  Then , I was stung by a scorpion in my bed. Kinda whizzed me off

I bought the small black light sold in many places now in Arizona, we had some bug spray that claimed to kill them. In 3 weeks time, I had killed , sprayed, stomped on 38 scorpions.  Probably killed more than 50 now in 2+ years

Ya know ... Mrs Ugly has really mastered the snowblower ...We have guy's that travel from house to house with plows on their trucks ....The house is the right size ...  The shop is kinda set up the way I like it ... Maybe there's still hope   :?:  :?:  :roll:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
  Ya know ... Mrs Ugly has really mastered the snowblower ...We have guy's that travel from house to house with plows on their trucks ....The house is the right size ...  The shop is kinda set up the way I like it ... Maybe there's still hope   :?:  :?:  :roll:

Bob.... :wink:

Killed 2 more scorpions last night. One on the block fence wall... other in the planter near my shop.  they glow a pale yellow under the black lite
Tony

50 F1

In the hospital for the 4th day. Had some pretty major surgery friday. Had allot of plumbing removed and some added. Rectal cancer. Get your colonoscomys we are all getting older

Mike

Mikej

Quote from: "50 F1"In the hospital for the 4th day. Had some pretty major surgery friday. Had allot of plumbing removed and some added. Rectal cancer. Get your colonoscomys we are all getting older

Mike

Take care of yourself.

58 Yeoman

I installed seat belts in the 63 Ford yesterday.  Wife doesn't like riding/driving in a car w/o them.  She'd rolled a Buick end over end a few years back, and the belts saved her.

I got the retractable ones, and the outboard retractor is a very tight fit between the seat and the door.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "50 F1"In the hospital for the 4th day. Had some pretty major surgery friday. Had allot of plumbing removed and some added. Rectal cancer. Get your colonoscomys we are all getting older

Mike

I hope things go well.

Very true words on the colon inspection. Get it done at 50 - 55 yrs old.

Friend of mine waited too long, till he was 62.
Tony

enjenjo

Mike

I guess that is major surgery. Good luck on your recovery.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.