What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papastoyss

Quote from: "chimp koose"I should have stated "I am not very fast at bodywork" I do OK ,not exactly show quality or anything but I take forever. How many times do you have to fill the same spot to get it right? with almost no waviness (welded in cab corners)I seem to need to fill and sand three times to get it decent.This is a patch job on the son's 91 silverado.I am painting it right away.
My friend the Hamb famous  Earl Schieb introduced me to 3M Dry Guide Coat, its a fine black powder that you spread over your filler or primer before sanding. You will see vividly all the low spots. Like all 3M products its a little pricey but is money well spent IMHO. It goes on dry so you don't have to wait on it to dry & it doesn't clog your sandpaper like black spray paint.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Crosley.In.AZ

bought new tires for my Monte Carlo car 1983.

Scuff'd  and painted the black in the centers.  Looks much better. Should drive better too.  Pop the center caps back on, bolt them to the car.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rooster

Quote from: "Crosley"bought new tires for my Monte Carlo car 1983.

Scuff'd  and painted the black in the centers.  Looks much better. Should drive better too.  Pop the center caps back on, bolt them to the car.

It looks like zero mile's on those tire's! Wheels look good!

chimp koose

Upper control arms w/ball joints ,rotors ,bearings and pads on the 98 ranger.

kb426

I went to the Scott City Rod Run yesterday. There was 159 cars. They said that was the 2nd highest total in 34 years. It was a very good visiting with friends and seeing what was new. This 58 Chevy showed up. He was at Salina but I don't remember seeing it. This was entirely owner built. The man is a barber. I believe he said he took 40" out of it. Had a small block and 3 speed overdrive.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I went to the Swanton Chicken festival car show yesterday. They had about 300 cars, most of them local. Good times, saw a lot of people I had mot seen in years. One of my old buddies was there with his new COPO 350 Camaro factory race car, with both optional engines.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"I went to the Swanton Chicken festival car show yesterday. They had about 300 cars, most of them local. Good times, saw a lot of people I had mot seen in years. One of my old buddies was there with his new COPO 350 Camaro factory race car, with both optional engines.

Wait....Chevy makes a Camaro with TWO engines!!!?

Carnut

Been working on replacing the front seat in my 40 Ford.

Here's how the original seat and the 43yr old upholstery looked.

Here's why the seat needed to be removed.

The 43yr old upholstery started splitting out and I really don't have the funds to have it reupholstered or repaired in anyway.

I've been keeping the seat and upholstery in the car for what I call 'Heritage' purposes, I'm just an old guy with some traditionalist views that only mean something to me. Heh, heh, even though the 35yrs I've had the car that seat and it's seating position was never comfortable for me.

So I did the buy on the PT Cruiser Bucket seats and painted them black.

So out came the 'Heritage' and in go the Buckets.

I got the Buckets painted my self but had to help my friend T-Vicky here to put them in my car.

One rather interesting event occurred when we put the seat in the car and found the bolt holes in the Cruiser mounts lined up with the stock 40 seat bolts.

I'm still dealing with some regrets to the changes but I'm dealing with it, and I really like sitting and driving in the new seats.

Heh, heh, they set in a way and are stiffer and almost feels like riding in my old Model A Coupe.

There's still some trim parts left to attach around the base mounts to pretty that up and then it's all done.

Now I just hope the paint lasts as long as I do.

Heh, heh, as I was out taking pics of my seats a mini car show kinda happened.

My friends Keith Miekle with his 53 Ford and Mike Behrendt with his 34 Ford Loboy Coupe showed up.

GPster

Been working on the Jeepster and I got some "A" pillar frame mounts made and welded/bolted to the frame. The welded part is on the top of the frame so when the floor for the body is installed you won't be able to see the welds. Because this S10 (S15) frame that I am using is from a junkyard the rear springs had some broken leafs. The main leafs were OK so to make it a "roller" back then I just used the main leafs and some wood blocks because there was no heavy weight to support. I saved the longest/best pieces of the rest of the leaves to give me something to make a pair of lighter duty springs out of. Of course this was years ago and I had forgotten about it until yesterday when I was getting ready to get underneath the back end of it and finish my floor structure brazing. Checking my collection of "Saved" leafs the longest one I have would make a fine 3rd leaf so I'll be hunting for second leafs. I want to put the spring together close to "right" now so when I finish my brazing and put the gas tank back in I can get the thing off jack stands and back to "roller" status. None of that will happen today or tomorrow as I'm making a trip to Kent to return our              grand daughter. The only car related thing I'll be doing is stopping at Summit Racing to look and see if there's anything I need to use my Christmas Present Gift Certificate on. GPster

jaybee

Just lately I've been installing new outlets in the garage. Between the two overhead doors I now have an exterior and interior outlet, both of which I've wanted for a long time to cut down on stringing extension cords. As long as I'm stringing wire anyway I also placed an overhead outlet for the opener on the single wide stall. Again, I've wanted that for a long time as that opener has been on an extension cord all the way over to the other opener...not a recommended set up.

They're all live now and GFCI protected, so it's on to a pair of ceiling receptacles to for two more twin tube, 4' fluorescent fixtures I picked up recently. They're roughed in and one of the receptacles is wired. I just need to wire the other box and connect the end of the run to my existing fluorescent circuit.

After that I'd better take a break from the garage and roof the house.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

we have a new pest spray, supposed to kill scorpions quickly. A contact spray, you need this to contact them.  I've used it outside many times in the yard, never seen the scorpion again... so I never know for sure it worked.

Usually when outside, If I had the chance to apply an abrasive procedure that involved my shoe and the ground... that worked well.  I used a black lite type flash lite to locate the scorpions

tonite.. a scorpion in the house garage , on the wall , up in a corner.  SPrayed him-it-her. 15 minutes later, I look.  Dead scorpion laying on the floor
Tony

58 Yeoman

QuoteI used a black lite type flash lite to locate the scorpions

Are they black?  Do they glow in the dark if you shine that light on them?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
QuoteI used a black lite type flash lite to locate the scorpions

Are they black?  Do they glow in the dark if you shine that light on them?

Scorpions at my house are light tan in colour. There are different varieties of them. Darker in colour (brown) ect.  Some have nasty venom

The scorpions glow under a black lite. Very easy to spot them in the dark
Tony

UGLY OLDS

QuoteScorpions at my house are light tan in colour. There are different varieties of them. Darker in colour (brown) ect.  Some have nasty venom

Hmmm...   :roll:   There may be another location off my retirement list .. :cry:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

river1

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
QuoteScorpions at my house are light tan in colour. There are different varieties of them. Darker in colour (brown) ect.  Some have nasty venom

Hmmm...   :roll:   There may be another location off my retirement list .. :cry:

Bob.... :wink:[/quote]

Depends on the area of town you live in, I haven't seen a scorpion since I was in middle school, which was a couple  :wink:  of years ago

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.