What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Had breakfast with a few friends......

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

phat rat

Finally ready to roll! I've been busting my tail getting this new trailer and sleeper together and ready for my trip. I was supposed to leave today but wasn't quite ready. So at O dark 30 tomorrow I'll hit the road.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

Carps, pretty good looking bunch of friends. :D
TEAM SMART

kb426

It's been 7 weeks since I started on my son's project house. Only small items are left. I spent the afternoon in my garage for the first time in 2 months. I'd much rather work with metal than wood. I'll try to get started on a project and be more entertaining.  :D
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Josh sold his Honda Prelude yesterday, he has been negotiating on a Bonneville SSEI for the last week. So today we drove down by Mansfield Oh to test drive it. He liked it, made the deal. The salesman brought out a remote for the Viper security system, and started pushing buttons at random. It has not run since. :roll:  One of their "mechanics" worked on it for an hour and a half, no help. They said they will have a master mechanic fix it in the morning, and they will deliver it here.We'll seeeee.......
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

The dealer called Josh this morning, it was all fixed. They would Have it here about 1 pm. Josh called them at 3 pm when they had not shown up, and they told him on the way up a brake line blew, so they took it back to the dealer to fix it, and bring it up later today. At about 6 they called him and said they could not start it again, and they were taking it to the GM dealer to get the security system fixed. :roll: They will let him know when they get it back.

Boyd Who

Went for a 200-mile bike ride through one of our national parks.
I picked up a couple of motorcycles recently, a 650 Triumph bobber for playing with, and a '96 Harley Heritage Softail for touring. It's been over 5 years since I've owned a bike and there is no better therapy in the world. The Essex project is on hold for the time being.

Harry

What year is that Triumph? 'long time ago, I had a 1950 Speed Twin 500cc,and later on I had some other model, 650cc. I always liked them.

Rrumbler

That Trump looks a lot like the one I had in 1961.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

enjenjo

The dealer delivered Josh's car about 5 pm. About 5 minutes after the driver left, it wouldn't start. :shock: 5 minutes after that it would.

papastoyss

Quote from: "enjenjo"The dealer called Josh this morning, it was all fixed. They would Have it here about 1 pm. Josh called them at 3 pm when they had not shown up, and they told him on the way up a brake line blew, so they took it back to the dealer to fix it, and bring it up later today. At about 6 they called him and said they could not start it again, and they were taking it to the GM dealer to get the security system fixed. :roll: They will let him know when they get it back.
When my brother/partner & I bought a car to resell if it had an aftermarket alarm we immediately installed it into the trash can. Problem solved!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Crosley.In.AZ

Boyd , be careful on the bikes. Folks that return to riding after years off, have a higher accident rate from rusty skills
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

last Crosley car ready to leave.  An eggciting day for me.   Odd how I am relieved to see these cars leave.

Empty parking at rear side of my shop.  Crosley cars gone, Crosley engines & differentials gone...  Misc Trans cores (700r4, T-350, T-400) gone.  Empty trans cases for mock up use in car building... gone

Will the Triumph car be the next to leave?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Boyd Who

Thanks guys, and yes, I'll be careful. I've ridden just over 1,000 miles on the Harley in the last week. :D

The Triumph is a '69 Trophy Sport engine with a Bonneville head mated to a '68 frame. It has an odd-shaped hardtail section added that has no stretch or drop. It looks almost like an older military rigid model, which is kinda cool. I'm still chasing some electrical issues but hope to have it running by the end of the month.

chimp koose

Went to a Kim Mitchel concert with my son tonight.Awesome !