What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

After finally getting time to tear into the '63 Ford to remove the oil pump, and FINALLY getting all the parts from Autozone, I got the pump installed today.  It now has oil pressure, but it may take a while for the lifters to all get pumped up.

I must be coming down with something, as right after I started working on the car, my stomach really started churning.  I had to keep stopping to take rests and let it settle down before I could continue.  I just had to see if it had pressure, and after I saw that it did, I'm quitting for the day.  No dinner tonight.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

The Flat Cad left this morning on its way to my friend Randy's shop.  He will be doing some modifications and then the car is off to the body and paint shop.  The engine goes to California for the dyno runs in early July.

I am starting on Hooley's in about a week.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

saturday I replaced the broken winch controller for my trailer.  A kit from Superwinch to retro fit the older winch I have.

The kit had instruction sheet for new color wires. It was complete kit.  I must say it is nice to buy a kit that does exactly what it needs to!

Kit had spade connector blades that attached to the solenoids. New wire harness plugged on, worked like a champ!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

Tony I think that is the same winch that I have on my car trailer.  I bought it years ago when I was rebuilding wrecks and mine has been used a lot.  It looks like it is to small to do much but it has served me well.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Glen

Everything went very smooth today, pieces were falling into place and my digital angle finder was coming up 0 and 90 every time.  So of course that couldn't last.  The last piece of 2x2 I needed, I cut 63" instead of 68".....and you cant find a piece on a Sunday.  I have some 2x2 .120 wall but those two dividing supports are only 16ga. to keep weight off.  They also hide the gap between the two pieces of sheetmetal.

I also added my top secret adjustment chain to the back of the gate which allows you to make small adjustments as the seasons change, there is a turnbuckle at the top corner.  It worked great on my last house.

Nothing could ruin the day though because the Wife unit brought this home from the grocery store.  Four pages inside and the cover.

chimp koose

Good work glenn! I think I will get a copy of that magazine. I bet it will pale in comparison to the build updates we were treated to here on the RRT. Thanks again for all the build posts.

Crosley.In.AZ

Glen ... congrats on the magazine cover!

When my Camaro was on Car Craft... the cashier did not understand why I was buying 5 of the same magazine.

RE: Gates ; ....  Look good. I am going to Industrial metal today.  Thanks!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

CONGRATS Glen ...  8)
Your patience & attention to detail is now being recognized ....

Like Chimp said ... I doubt that they have the "coverage" on 4 pages that you shared with us ... Congrats again & thank you for including us "along the way" ..... :D

Oh ...The gates look good too...... :lol:

Arizona has "Seasons"  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

My brother says that when your car appears in a magazine, go to the next town and buy up the copies you want.   That way your buddies will buy the local ones before they sell out.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Digger

Quote from: "Glen"Everything went very smooth today, pieces were falling into place and my digital angle finder was coming up 0 and 90 every time.  So of course that couldn't last.  The last piece of 2x2 I needed, I cut 63" instead of 68".....and you cant find a piece on a Sunday.  I have some 2x2 .120 wall but those two dividing supports are only 16ga. to keep weight off.  They also hide the gap between the two pieces of sheetmetal.

I also added my top secret adjustment chain to the back of the gate which allows you to make small adjustments as the seasons change, there is a turnbuckle at the top corner.  It worked great on my last house.

Nothing could ruin the day though because the Wife unit brought this home from the grocery store.  Four pages inside and the cover.

);b(
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

jaybee

Glen, I have to confess that the illusion of your perfection made when you built the Nova are completely shattered since you cut a piece of your fence too short.   :twisted:  

Congratulations on the magazine coverage, it's an incredible car that deserves attention.

I've considered doing something similar to your gate adjuster with one of mine. One gate just won't maintain a consistent gap with changing moisture levels. It's a wooden fence and I suspect the soil and fence lumber are both moving.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

river1

Glen,

Nice job on the mag coverage :!:  :!:

Nice job on the gate as well

A suggestion maybe? start a new thread with your gate and move it into the build of your shop. That way all of us jealous fellas can live vicariously thru you :D

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat rat

Quote from: "Glen"Everything went very smooth today, pieces were falling into place and my digital angle finder was coming up 0 and 90 every time.  So of course that couldn't last.  The last piece of 2x2 I needed, I cut 63" instead of 68".....and you cant find a piece on a Sunday.  I have some 2x2 .120 wall but those two dividing supports are only 16ga. to keep weight off.  They also hide the gap between the two pieces of sheetmetal.

I'm surprised you didn't weld it back together and recut it correctly
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Boyd Who

That's awesome, Glen! Congrats!

Chimp...the doors weren't really cheap, but I should be able to make a few bucks when I sell them.  :D