What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"Note to self;  do not stick thumb in path of propane torch.  it will burn

LOL, made me think of when i was working. One job I had at the die shop was welding the joints on steel rule dies. I had a contraption that was mounted overhead and pressed down on each side of the joint to level it. I used to check with my thumb or finger to see if it was level before welding. My touch seemed to be even more accurate and quicker than looking at the joint to check for level. About once ever six months i would release the contraption and recheck the joint after welding. This would make me remember not to do it again for about six months.  :oops:

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "Glen"Changing the blower belt on the nova, shredded the back of it last outing.  Pain in the butt to change.  Made an offer on a house yesterday.....sounds like they are accepting.  They followed up with a question this morning.

Was the question :  "Will payment  be in cash?"

nope, they were asking when we wanted to close.  

Last week I made an offer on a house that was on the market two days....offered 16k over asking price and someone offered more.  it was a one acre corner lot.

kb426

Glen, I'm somewhat sympathetic to your situation.The lower end housing in my town is what my son was looking at. If you were first in line and wanted a day to think about it, it would be sold. He's closing on a repo this friday. I found out about it before anyone else. The bank accepted his offer and it never was shown after that. It's something of a project but it will be a good exp. for him. And it was affordable so he won't be broke making house payments. I'm not envying your circumstances. Good luck with the house.
TEAM SMART

phat46

That sounds like the real estate situation in Raleigh N.C. where my daughter and s.i.l. Live. Except it is the opposite there, the high end places sell immediately and the mid range houses sit. The kids looked at several places and waited to think it over and the houses were sold in a day or two. The place they got they looked at on a Friday and made their offer on Monday. Their had to rent out their old house, which I thought was a nice place in a new sub because it wouldn't sell. On the other hand the market here is dead, but it sure would be nice to be a young couple with good jobs. You can get a place here for $100,000 that would have been well over $2000,000 a few years ago.

Glen

The seller took my offer, now for the inspection process.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"The seller took my offer, now for the inspection process.

kool .. what area of the valley?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

64th st. a couple blocks north of Cactus.  We are trying to stay neutral in the valley, laura works in Scottsdale too.  Half acre lot, ranch home.
Edgar and Harriet bought it new in 1970 :roll:

Digger

Getting ready to straighten a couple spots on the dragster body where it  looks like somebody tap danced on it :roll:
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

Carps

Nuthin much happening here.

However, I too have been house shopping, made an offer over a month ago which was rejected, buty the place still has the for sale sign out front.

Guess they aren't in need of the money and are prepared to hold out for top price.

Everything else we've looked at is unsuitable, so we may just buldoze the old shack and build a new one at the same address.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

bucketmouth

Good to see you here carps.
Today I removed the 39 tai lights and replaced them with baby  lincoln LEDs that have both tail lights and turn signals in one.  8)
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"Note to self;  do not stick thumb in path of propane torch.  it will burn

I know that feeling
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Had this cast iron chunk of Mopar history arrive at the shop for a rebuild.

No idea if parts are available yet...  we have not checked on it
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Had a genius master fabricator bring in his C4 trans for a rebuild.  He left his cooler lines attached for some stoopid reason.  

Cooler lines are what i refer to as JUNK.  Terrible bends, block off flow, bent with pliers or axe of some type.

End fittings nearly rounded off , probably from use of an adjustable wrench
Tony

fast401

Buffed and waxed the pass side of the AMX.
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!!!

50 F1

Had a bad ice storm up here in Michigan. Power was out for 38 hours. Power just came on about a hour ago. It got cold in the house. 41*

Mike