Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

Phil, I share your affection for those cars. It looks pretty good. What's the story on the 64 interior?
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

I think the guy who restored it a few years ago must've liked the interior better when he replaced it?  The vin tag also says it should be a 352, not a 390.  Luckily, I'm not an 'original' guy, I just want one because I like 'em.  This one is the best I've seen for the price, not looking for a show car.

Phil

phat rat

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I think the guy who restored it a few years ago must've liked the interior better when he replaced it?  The vin tag also says it should be a 352, not a 390.  Luckily, I'm not an 'original' guy, I just want one because I like 'em.  This one is the best I've seen for the price, not looking for a show car.

Looks like it's a driver, so why are you going to use a tow dolly? I think I'd rather drive it. Plus driving it you won't have to disconnect the driveshaft.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

58 Yeoman

My wife wouldn't make the 6 hour trip if she had to drive, so we're towing it.  I'd rather drive it too.

Phil

WZ JUNK

This is the big city wide garage sale weekend in my home town.  Traffic is a nightmare. No school for the day as the school buses can not get through the city streets because cars are parked everywhere.  I usually leave town or at least not leave home.  I made up my mind to give in for one hour of looking and just in areas near where I live.  I bought 5 Paashe air brushes for $22 and called it a day.  Some of the 5 had never been used and the others were new appearing.  Also included were some new extra tips.  I like these for flame painting.

I did see a pair of Ford flathead heads for $5 each.  I had no idea what series engine they fit.  I guess I should have bought them for wall hangers but I have enough junk.

I might make another quick pass tomorrow morning.

I am busy on the Flat Cad project.  The last few days I have been building the fiberglass front end.   Yesterday I took a break and I fabricated most of the parts for the spoiler that I designed.  This morning I started assembling the spoiler and spill plates.  About 200 coutersunk machine screws hold it all together.  I hope to mount it on the car tomorrow.  It will be a big job to get it on the car and aligned correctly.  I need a minimum of 4 more people to get it done.  I wish some of you were closer to me.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Digger

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "purplepickup"Today I cleared a fence row that was overgrown with honeysuckle bushes  (I hate them), cut down & cleaned up 5 big trees in the yard that died in the heat last summer, dug up some plants and moved them for Sue.  Yesterday I recovered and added a layer of foam to a motorcycle seat.  It was orange. :roll:

When you said "cleared" the fence, with the motorcycle picture on the post I thought you meant "Jumped" it with the cycle. With the stains on the seat that added to the picture and explained why you added more foam. Of course this is after wondering why Frank is playing "Taps". GPster

Lookin good George! :)
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

58 Yeoman

The Ford was a bust.  Geez...people make the outside of a car look good, but leave mechanicals/electricals in bad shape, then drive the car likes it's been all fixed up.  Left wiper flopped around, E-brake not connected, horn not working, radio dead, gaps between rear seat so large you could almost reach into the trunk, and rubber gone on vent windows, just for starters.  The car did run/shift well, though.  Too bad.

It was a nice day for a drive.  We got out of Ann Arbor before the rush for the big game started, and took mostly 2 lane roads back to IL.

Phil

papastoyss

Didya go ahead & buy it or leave it where you found it? I made a similar trip almost to Dallas 5 yrs ago to buy my '40 Ford coupe project from internet pics & it was just as good or better than the seller represented it. On the other hand I made a shorter trip to look at a '40 sedan & wouldn't have hauled it home if it was free!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

58 Yeoman

I left it, although it had mostly new (and some rebuilt) parts to install PS and PB.  Too bad, I really like the color.

Phil

UGLY OLDS

Take your time Phil.... I also have a soft spot in my heart ,( Head??) , for those cars ... Thats what I was driving in the mid to late 60's ... I think over all I had 7 or 8 of them ... ( Including a 63' Country Sedan wagon with a roof rack & a 2X4 427 that I put together for, ahhh, shall we say , "commuting" ?? )  It was the best money maker that I had built up to that time .......

There are a lot of those cars still out there & it sounds like you know what to look for in them ......  Keep looking...The right car will find you ..... 8)

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Glen

Changing the blower belt on the nova, shredded the back of it last outing.  Pain in the butt to change.  Made an offer on a house yesterday.....sounds like they are accepting.  They followed up with a question this morning.

Crosley.In.AZ

Note to self;  do not stick thumb in path of propane torch.  it will burn
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Moved the Chevy from the single side of the shop to the double, moved the Pontiac to the single, and rearranged the stuff that was in the middle.  The shop hasn't been this clean/organized since I bought this place in October '08.  Also sold the JD lawn tractor.

Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"Changing the blower belt on the nova, shredded the back of it last outing.  Pain in the butt to change.  Made an offer on a house yesterday.....sounds like they are accepting.  They followed up with a question this morning.

Was the question :  "Will payment  be in cash?"
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)