What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "50 F1"Putting new s cam shafts, bushings and brakes on the drives on my semi. Got about half done yesterday. Quite a job, axles and hubs have to come off to get s cam shafts out. I am sore this morning.

Mike

Mike ...I think both Enjenjo & I can both relate to your pain ... :roll:
Full day & you're only half done   :?:  Good thing you don't do that for a living, huh   :?: ..... :lol:  :lol:

Bob ..... :wink:

That was a 4 hour job, one hour for each wheel. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Digger

I just put my wallet and contents (some addresses and stuff go back to the eighties) through the complete cycle in my washer. Bunch of lottery tickets too (the ones I was planning on winning) Seems to have done a good job, everything looks clean. I probably won't have to wash this stuff again for several years. :roll:
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

phat rat

Quote from: "Digger"I just put my wallet and contents (some addresses and stuff go back to the eighties) through the complete cycle in my washer. Bunch of lottery tickets too (the ones I was planning on winning) Seems to have done a good job, everything looks clean. I probably won't have to wash this stuff again for several years. :roll:

Were some of those old addresses "old girlfriends"? :shock:  If so was it you or the other half who washed it.   :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Digger

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "Digger"I just put my wallet and contents (some addresses and stuff go back to the eighties) through the complete cycle in my washer. Bunch of lottery tickets too (the ones I was planning on winning) Seems to have done a good job, everything looks clean. I probably won't have to wash this stuff again for several years. :roll:

Were some of those old addresses "old girlfriends"? :shock:  If so was it you or the other half who washed it.   :lol:

Nah just me, no other half for many years now. Good point though ( you must know her) :lol:

Digger

kiwipaul

Quote from: "Digger"

Nah just me, no other half for many years now. Good point though ( you must know her) :lol:

HA HA you must know her' love that. I have to ask where does Digger come from The name Digger means a lot here down under?
A Ford man that like all cars

50 F1

enjenjo & Ugly Olds--------   Only one hour four each end!!  Wow I better stay behind the wheel.   I have to top off the lube in rears, find a little hill to drive on sideways to make sure hubs have lube in them and take it for a quick test drive and then go to work in the morning.

Mike

kb426

Went to a car auction yesterday. Several didn't meet reserves. The total for around 40 cars, tractors and 2 boats was $283425. Several were above 20 grand.
TEAM SMART

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "purplepickup"Bruce, apparently stink bugs are attracted to light and that makes them catchable.  There are quite a few kinds of traps people have come up with on youtube.  This one doesn't use glue and this one does.  The glue is available in bulk if you want to make your own traps.  I can think of different ways to make the traps in the videos.....an led 12v trailer running light hooked to a battery instead of the AAA powered light used in the first one....and clear Christmas tree lights stuffed in a clear tube that has been smeared with glue similar to the second video.  Those are the only two videos I watched but I'm sure there's more ingenious ways to catch them.  We have some stinkbugs here but nothing like you guys do.  I'd be real upset if they slept with me.

I wonder what Freud had to say about us getting great satisfaction in torturing pests and varmints  :twisted:

Thanks for the info & the links, George!

The infestation was really bad here in 2010 & 2011.  ....We didn't see as many in 2012.  ....It's too early to know about this year's crop.

Repeating cycles of warm-up and re-freeze seems to kill off many of the early risers.  

They seek shelter in the Fall, and over-winter under siding and in chimneys, in my wood chipper, and any other place they think is comfy.  

If we find any indoors (most likely coming through the fireplace) we flush them, because the last thing you want to do is squish them.

They leave a scent to attract others, which is pretty undetectable to humans.  .....The stink is emitted when they feel threatened or when they are crushed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

purplepickup

Quote from: "50 F1"Putting new s cam shafts, bushings and brakes on the drives on my semi. Got about half done yesterday. Quite a job, axles and hubs have to come off to get s cam shafts out. I am sore this morning.

Mike
Mike, I just realized that you're one of the original RRT members from years ago (aka 30 Coupe).  I spend summers at the cabin and don't have electricity or internet there so I missed your re-intro thread last fall.  It's nice to see you back. :D
George

enjenjo

Quote from: "50 F1"enjenjo & Ugly Olds--------   Only one hour four each end!!  Wow I better stay behind the wheel.   I have to top off the lube in rears, find a little hill to drive on sideways to make sure hubs have lube in them and take it for a quick test drive and then go to work in the morning.

Mike

We drilled and taped a hole in the hub between the bearings, pumped in a pint of  lube after it was together. This was done on an exchange basis, you pulled the hub intact, and installed a different hub and bearings that was already done with a new seal.

Don't feel bad though, I know of a shop near here that took 4 weeks to do a 4 wheel reline on a trailer, with two guys working on it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Some hubs come from the factory with the "Filler Plug" already  installed ...   8)   I made up a small hand pump gizmo for filling hubs ...  :idea:  Gave it to an apprentice when I packed .....  
 Along with a home made trailer electrical tester.. Many other "Home-Made" tools I knew I had no further use for .....  8)
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Digger

Quote from: "kiwipaul"

HA HA you must know her' love that. I have to ask where does Digger come from The name Digger means a lot here down under?

Digger was just a nickname hung on me by some other racers in the 60's when I ran a couple dragsters (diggers) What does in mean down there? Anything printable? :shock:

Digger

kiwipaul

Quote from: "kiwipaul"

Gee not problems a Digger is some one who has returned home from a war . Held very high so you can hold your head up high becouse down under you are some one very speceal.

Digger was just a nickname hung on me by some other racers in the 60's when I ran a couple dragsters (diggers) What does in mean down there? Anything printable? :shock:
A Ford man that like all cars

50 F1

Thanks George.   We have a couple mutual freinds and live pretty close to each other. We have to meet someday.

Mike

chimp koose

I spent the day with my son re arranging ,cleaning our fish tank.I totally re did the air lines. It now looks like the bottom of a river . I put in an old beat up tricycle on its side with a 7' piece of driftwood run through it. We also put a 1926 license plate,a rusty fan pulley and an old tire iron on the bottom. There is an old shakespear spinning reel in one corner with the cover plate from an outboard power lift . I cannot find my absolutely beat old prop to throw in there but I do have a model T headlight bucket and stand that will go in tomorrow.We were joking about floating a fish hook and bobber in the tank( barbs removed of course)I am thinking about going to the grocery store and buying a lobster to put in the tank. What and how much do they eat?