What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

I hope the high density lights don't get hot enough to melt the plastic in front of them. I do like the look. GPster

Carnut

Heh, heh, what plastic in front of them? That's genuine gawdawful heavy pot metal grille.

And as my friend Roger Mingle says, I never really drive the car at night anyway.

1800guy

That looked like a nice mod, but I found a picture of a stock one to re-fresh my mind.  Now I see it's a really nice improvement.  If the mod is reverseable it shouldn't hurt the value one bit.
My project is 90% finished, with only 90% to go.

phat46

A friend of a friend bought a Charger that looked identical to the one above, same year same color but not all original. His had a new 426 crate Hemi in it. He is Canadian and had to leave the car at my place for a couple days because he had bought three cars here in the U.S. and only had two drivers to take them back to Canada. As he and our mutual friend were leaving he tossed me the keys and asked if I would drive it around to garage out back where I had told him he could keep it till he could make it back to drive it home. It was a very fast car....that's all I better say!l

Mikej

Without GPS it was probably hard to find the garage..... :lol:

kb426

I made a little road trip today. I stopped to look at a restored gas station. Here's one more gratuitous pic.
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Quote from: "kb426"I stopped to look at a restored gas station.
Too bad they didn't restore the pumps to sell gas for $.19/gal. while they were at it.

Truck is looking good 8)
George

kb426

Today's first project.Several years ago my engine machine shop friend bought this grinder. It was on sale and pretty cheap. He is not a H.F. fan. It was a typical poorly machined product. It's laid in the corner of his shop for most of it's life. About a month ago he told me to get it ought of his way. Today I had time to remedy it's problems. On the underside of the end plates are miter adjustment plates. They wouldn't rotate through their arc of travel. I had a redneck contraption in my mill to use the rotary table to recut the radius's. It still didn't work properly. I found out that those brackets weren't 90 degrees to the mounting faces. A simple facing in the mill vise cured that. It had paint or powder coating on all the mounting surfaces. The heat gun and a scraper removed that. It still wasn't real good. I put a little grease on the mounting surfaces and it works good now. I spent a couple of hours on this. I just finished sharpening a collection of lathe bits. Sure beats the hand method.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Today I returned the grinder to the shop. He has more space than I do.  :D I have a H.F. stool that I have used for alot of years. It was time for a update. I added a second layer of foam and covered it in leftover ultraleather with a vinyl side.
TEAM SMART

seadog

I haven't been on here in forever.  Got a new computer, switched to a MAC and love it.  I'll be around a little more often now. This was always one of my favorite boards...not as much drama.

Today I'm not doing anything car related, taking a break.  The NC Legislative Delegation came to call on me earlier today...

kb426

" The NC Legislative Delegation came to call on me earlier today... "
I get it. :lol:
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I did the first test of the air suspension on the rear of this 55 Chevy pickup, it works as desired. now to get the front done.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

At my work place, we've had a few problems with wires to credit card machine and computer lines getting chewed on.  We have small mice in the warehouse.  We catch a few time to time.

A large tray with sticky goo was placed in the area the wires were chewed up.

This morning we found a large rat stuck in the tray goo (see photo)... notice power strip in photo for size comparo of the rat.

In photo the rat is alive and quite * off .... Rat was deceased shortly after the photo was taken
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I can speculate as to the cause of death. :lol:
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

That would be interesting if they replaced spike strips with a glue tray, to catch police chase people.

Nice rat Crosley.  He'll be good eatin'...nice & fat.
George