What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Crosley"Had an email discussion with a friend on batterys... we both use the same type and size,  how long they last or  If he had a bad battery with a short life span ... stuff like that.

The difference here is we were discussing "hearing aid batterys"
Tony, if you get one of these you can plug in your hearing aid, pacemaker, and sex machine.

George, thanks for sharing how you adapted to your needs on this.  Keeps rain off the hearing aids too.  You are a smart fella
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I am so glad that's not me! :lol:
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Fatcat has been making a bed floor for a Chevy stepside out of black walnut. This is after two coats of Varnish. He does real nice work.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

fast401

Helped my son do his brakes on his 05 Silverado.  We ran into some problems and had to call in the heavy artillery (Enjenjo).  After 5 hrs of education we finally got it done.
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!!!

kb426

What "varnish" are you using on the wood? Method of application?
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

enjenjo

Quoteelped my son do his brakes on his 05 Silverado. We ran into some problems and had to call in the heavy artillery (Enjenjo). After 5 hrs of education we finally got it done.

I had to tell them over and over,"righty tighty, lefty loosey"

Arnold

Quote from: "enjenjo"Fatcat has been making a bed floor for a Chevy stepside out of black walnut. This is after two coats of Varnish. He does real nice work.

8) Very nice! What year stepside? I have had a few and some fond memories of wooden beds!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Arnold"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Fatcat has been making a bed floor for a Chevy stepside out of black walnut. This is after two coats of Varnish. He does real nice work.

8) Very nice! What year stepside? I have had a few and some fond memories of wooden beds!

47 actually a 53 bed

Crosley.In.AZ

Customer bought a C6 for a replacement of a C4 trans.... C4 was to be the core exchange to avoid a 100 dollar core charge. We can always use a 26 spline C4 trans to build for orders

Sales guy wheels the C4 core back to trans dept.

Only one small problem...  it is a FMX trans not a C4.  Basically if you rearrange   the letters in FMX  you can spell scrap metal , which is the value to us.

Sales guy received a quick schooling on trans ID  from the sales manager..  #FAIL

:)(
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I finished a fiberglass transmission cover today.  This shifter installation was difficult because the engine is in the frame a little high and the floor is very close to the transmission.

Just a couple of little jobs to finish up tomorrow and this one goes home.  Next the flat cad returns for the aero front end.  When it is done I will be ready to start on Hooley's "Just Glad to be Here".

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

The weather was ugly here today. Yesterday I made a bag for my son's laptop. Blue Zodiac vinyl with black suede liner. Today I patched 2 surge tanks for irrigation engines. Pretty exciting.
TEAM SMART

taxpyer

Put up some shelving for things that just aren't used that much. Came up with an idea for the hangers from the cieling. Cut slit beside truss, insert rod, turn and hook over truss then seal cieling back up with  expanding foam. :roll:
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

bucketmouth

Had a bunch of guys come around and give me a hand to put the body back on the chassis for the last time. :D
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Carnut

Just got a project done on my Dodge Charger.

For those who aren't familiar with how 66/67 Dodge Charger headlights work an explanation. The headlights are contained in a 'bucket' that rotates 180 degrees to bring the headlights to the front when the headlight switch was pulled and rotated back when the switch was turned off. This process lighted the lights and then rotated the buckets each powered by separate electrical motors that have been energized by 3 different relays depending on if opening or closing.

Well living with this situation for the 46 yrs has been a bit of hassle. Because of the draw on current for the two motors with the headlights on, it was always a bit of a dicey situation for them to open reliably, so had to really keep the electrical power going good when they were needed. Also in very cold weather the process was even more unreliable because not only the juice was affected but the nylon bearings would become even more difficult to rotate.

So after going thru 2 different motors and then having a relay or two go bad, I decided to work on an alternate setup. My first solution was with a switch that by passed the headlight switch and the relays to operate the opening and closing with out any power going to the headlights. It worked just fine but I was still concerned about those darn headlight buckets not turning in cold weather, which is essentially when I would often need headlights, so this project came to my mind.

When I rotated the headlights out to use them I didn't like their looks, but I kept them out in fear of not getting them to rotate again in the real cold weather.

Looking at the headlight buckets I realized they were symmetrical both front and rear halves. The rear halves had the fittings to contain the lights but otherwise were the same as the front halves with the holes for the lights to shine thru.

I then realized that I had a spare set of headlight buckets I had scavenged a long time ago and figured it might be worth trying to come up with new fronts that still had the grille on them over the lights just like my existing parking lights were doing from the factory.

So I got my friend Roger Mingle (t-vicky) who likes messing with modifying metal stuff to knock out the light mounting fittings in the bucket and then modifying it so it could fit on the existing bucket like the standard front parts and then cut openings for headlights in between the bars.

Then because I knew that would cut down on the light coming thru I went and bought a set of late model hi power off road style Halogen bulbs and lenses to make up for the lost light thru the grill.

Now I'm a happy camper, I can leave the lights out all the time and they still look almost as good as the hidden originals. And this didn't mess up the turning function or the hidden side of the buckets so I can still rotate them back anytime I wish.

Just another in a long list of mods on my low 49K mi Dodge Charger to destroy it's original vintage value.

Cool eh? Should mess up some hardcore Dodge Charger guys who get a look at them.