What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I hate getting a college edumacation the hard way.

I am working, I take breaks, sit down when possible.

Sorta rambling here, I apologize

Had a good chat with primary doctor on my low back problem and results from MRI recently performed.  First MRI was 2 years ago = march 2011

Good news is L1 thru L4 are stable. Bone Spurs remain the same, bulging discs are stable, unchanged. Stenosis in one spot L3-L4 actually opened up .8 mm , listed as mild to moderate stenosis

L4 -L5 is where stuff went worse.  Bone spurring is worse, Stenosis is worse on left side in L5- S1.  The disc bulging is unchanged and stable.  Right side has moderate spurring / stenosis.

Basically; arthritis in my back has a serious grip on me

So, the pain and aches will remain. My mild goofy walk - limp on left leg may improve with pain blocking treatment. So far, I do not have good days , bad days.  I have good hours, bad hours.  Pain changes location & level often , even with current meds

I will tell you younger  guys you NEED to be good to your back.   :shock:

Stenosis = choking , restricting.  My leg nerves are being compressed by arthritis build up. Worse in L5 - S1 location
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Gee Tony .... Almost the same as me .... :(   My L4 & L5 are growing closed around my spinal column... :roll:   One twist in the wrong way & my leg ,(either side) ,  will go dead from the pocket down ...  :shock:  

Funny thing ..When it does this , my "back" has no sensation of pain at all ... My leg just quits workin' .... :evil:

Be very careful with your back .. My neurologist refused to open me up until he see's me crawling into his office .. He advises the risk in operating in that area & completing what has to be done is just too great as long as I am still walking around .......  :roll:

Bob ... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I was told that "narrowing of the spine" was a byproduct of getting old. Is that correct?
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quotequote="kb426"]I was told that "narrowing of the spine" was a byproduct of getting old. Is that correct?

I dunno ....Can you define  "old"    :?:

Bob...... :wink:

kb426

TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Bob, will "past 50" work?

Ah ......50 inchs in circumference  :?:  :?:  

That may include a few of us .... :oops:  :roll:

They told me it was NOT an aging issue ..
It seems most people get "spurs" in their vertibae  like Tony has ..  
For the growth to go around the complete circle seems rather un-common... I'm just special I guess .. :?

Bob..... :wink:

Beck

Is a 64 the same? This looks pretty. I don't know their value.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/3570681403.html

and another

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/3549479828.html

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
Quote from: "Beck"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Sold the Goldwing, so now I'm looking for a 63 1/2 Ford to spend the money on. :lol:

Phil check your email. I found that 63 1/3 Ford.

There, I fixed it for you.

thanks Tom.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Beck"Is a 64 the same? This looks pretty. I don't know their value.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/3570681403.html

and another

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/3549479828.html

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
Quote from: "Beck"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Sold the Goldwing, so now I'm looking for a 63 1/2 Ford to spend the money on. :lol:

Phil check your email. I found that 63 1/3 Ford.

There, I fixed it for you.

thanks Tom.

Outside of the outer skin from the beltline down it is the exact same car. I have no idea on value either, but I had the opportunity to drive one back in the day, and it was impressive.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Wow...that black '64 is gorgeous, and a very good price.  I've always liked the 63's better, but that one has me thinking.  Sometimes it's just a minor thing or two that makes a person like one car over another.

I didn't like the Monte Carlo's when they came out in 1970, but when they moved the parking ligths/signals next to the grille in '72, it changed the cars character completely...at least for me.  Later, I bought a Classic with a 454 in it.  Nice car.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kiwipaul

A Ford man that like all cars

kb426

Washed vehicles today. Sat on the patio around 4:00pm in shirt sleeves and was comfortable for the first time since last fall. I read the newest version of Nitro Madness magazine. I'm so looking forward to summer.  :D Hope you all had a good day.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Had an email discussion with a friend on batterys... we both use the same type and size,  how long they last or  If he had a bad battery with a short life span ... stuff like that.

The difference here is we were discussing "hearing aid batterys"
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Arnold

Quote from: "kb426"Washed vehicles today. Sat on the patio around 4:00pm in shirt sleeves and was comfortable for the first time since last fall. I read the newest version of Nitro Madness magazine. I'm so looking forward to summer.  :D Hope you all had a good day.

I was comfortable too! Thank You :lol:
I had on my long sleeve insulated undershirt,a long sleeved sweatshirt,and my big insulated suit.
Laying on my back on ice..and snow..wonderring WHY I don't have tow hooks on all my vehicles :roll: ..AS I was under my van..trying to find somethng substantial to hook a hook/chain onto..
To TOW it out of my driveway as it was STUCK!
See..several days ago we had some pretty good snow..then days of high blowing winds..packing the snow all nice under and around my van.(Would not have mattered if I had moved it then)
Then we had a warm spell..and I did not get around to moving it then either :roll:
Then we had a cold spell..so everything froze up all nice  :lol:
Oh yeah..THEN I needed my van :idea:
Then I had to hand dig out the end of my lane because the plow had come by..SOoo I could get out my turned around 4x4..
And pull my van out.
Then I went to see my blonde girlfriend :D
Yep..purtty good day

enjenjo

My grandson bought a 89 Mustang a couple months ago. He took it all apart, did some rust repair. The rear end in it had been changed, it was supposed to be a 3.73 posi 8.8 with disc brakes out of a 97 Mustang, even the axle code was right. But when we checked ratios, it was a 2.73 open. So we scrounged up a posi, and a set of 3.73 gears.  So when we went to put them in, we found it was a 7.5, not an 8.8. :evil:

So Josh found a 94 8.8 open with 3.08 gears. The brakes were stuck so you couldn't turn it. Price was $150. So today we opened it up to change the gears, and SURPRISE, a Richmind 3.73 gear with an Eaton locker. So now we have parts to sell.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"Had an email discussion with a friend on batterys... we both use the same type and size,  how long they last or  If he had a bad battery with a short life span ... stuff like that.

The difference here is we were discussing "hearing aid batterys"
Tony, if you get one of these you can plug in your hearing aid, pacemaker, and sex machine.
George