What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
I sent them out today.  Try to keep your next bike upright... :wink:

I try to keep them all upright, they ride smoother....

Folks I work with would often say: " Ride careful out there" ..  I would always say , "I ride careful, it is the Donkey Drivers , I have no control over"

Actually I used the term Jackas- not donkey.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"

Folks I work with would often say: " Ride careful out there" ..  I would always say , "I ride careful, it is the Donkey Drivers , I have no control over"

Tony, sometimes you really make sense.... :P>
George

Arnold

Going skiing :D I have not been since yesterday :shock: Before that it was TUESDAY :twisted:

Arnold

Quote from: "Arnold"Going skiing :D I have not been since yesterday :shock: Before that it was TUESDAY :twisted:

I have literally skiied down 4 ski runs where they run World Cup and Olympic Downhill runs.

Depending on your "STONES" :shock: Olympic atheletes hit 80mph in less than 3 seconds :twisted: I hit about 20mph on those runs :lol:

My g/f's good friend and neighbour..Todd Brooker..(former literally Olympic &World Cup skier..rated the #1 skier in the world in 1984)fell doing 190kmhr.It is online..see "Todd Brooker Crash". It is rated as one of the greatest..if not the greatest crash ever. Hard to believe he lived.
 Another legendary skier..said.. :lol: "..ya..AFTER you hit 80mph in less than 3 seconds..THEN it gets REALLY STEEP :roll:
Worth a look for anyone interested in speed..crashes.

Arnold

Quote from: "Arnold"
Quote from: "Arnold"Going skiing :D I have not been since yesterday :shock: Before that it was TUESDAY :twisted:

I have literally skiied down 4 ski runs where they run World Cup and Olympic Downhill runs.

Depending on your "STONES" :shock: Olympic atheletes hit 80mph in less than 3 seconds :twisted: I hit about 20mph on those runs :lol:

My g/f's good friend and neighbour..Todd Brooker..(former literally Olympic &World Cup skier..rated the #1 skier in the world in 1984)fell doing 190kmhr.It is online..see "Todd Brooker Crash". It is rated as one of the greatest..if not the greatest crash ever. Hard to believe he lived.
 Another legendary skier..said.. :lol: "..ya..AFTER you hit 80mph in less than 3 seconds..THEN it gets REALLY STEEP :roll:
Worth a look for anyone interested in speed..crashes.

Just another quick little speed/acceleration tid bit.
 It was in the mid 1990's when Warren Miller made the movie Freeriders.
Downhill speed skiers were able to accelerate FASTER than the speed of gravity! They had special aerodynamics..and special bases on their skis that melted the ice into water and sucked them to the mountain!
  The broke through the 100mph barrier into the 3 second range!
I don't know what a wicked fast street bike would do now? I am guessing
5 seconds?

enjenjo

Going that fast is not skiing, it's a semi controlled fall
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

oj

Talking about skiing and winter olympics, do any of you guys remember the Pepsi commercial with the 4man bobsled team and they did a 'stop motion' so you could see what they were doing at 80mph?  It showed them chit-chatting and pointing out interesting things to each other - i loved that commercial!

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"

Tony, sometimes you really make sense.... :P>

I'm gonna print that out.   :lol:
Tony

Arnold

Quote from: "enjenjo"Going that fast is not skiing, it's a semi controlled fall

Great point! One of the greatest skiers of all time..and one of the greatest ski races/runs/victories..Frans Klammer..said after that run
"That was a controlled fall..all the way down"

Arnold

Quote from: "oj"Talking about skiing and winter olympics, do any of you guys remember the Pepsi commercial with the 4man bobsled team and they did a 'stop motion' so you could see what they were doing at 80mph?  It showed them chit-chatting and pointing out interesting things to each other - i loved that commercial!

Don't mention bobsleds :!:
Lake Placid.. Olympic bobsled run.
g/f wanted to go ..(members of the public can  ride  with official bob sled racers).. she chickened out. :idea:  Me..oh so tough..fast cars,fast motorcyles,fast skiing :roll:
An official medic there.. you sign waivers. Why :?:
They have flipped with members of the public aboard. :shock:
Time to wet pants.
Walking to the sled..the most foolish words ever spoken :oops: By me :roll:
"Let it go..a bit..don't kill me"
The two professional bob sled racers looked at each other like they had a tough guy here.

Just absolutely terrifed me. Made fast cars,fast motorcyles,fast skiing seem like little kids playing with toy wagons.
 I got on..and then..they put another young woman on..right in front of me.1 Bobsled racer at the front.1 at the back.
I had to put my hands,arms around her chest around her thick coat. She didn't care.
 I felt her heart POUNDING :!: at just an OUTRAGEOUS rate :shock:
I really thought it would kill her..
I think I died of sheer terror.
I think they lost control of the thing..as it SMASHED back and forth against the barriers on BOTH sides :shock: ..before the got it back under control.The sheer acceleration from one turn to another..can just bend ones mind. I THOUGHT mine was already bent :roll:
 At the end of the run (with a full diaper :oops: ) I asked these bobsled racers what it is like in real competition. He said "In real competition..it scares us just as much as it just scared you"

A Formula One GP racer went into bobsled racing and said after that compared.."Formula One Grand Prix racing is passe"
  One of the female racers on the Canadian Olympic Bobsled team used to be a circus stunt performer. She said being shot out of a cannon was
"Boring..compared to bobsled racing"

Beck

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Sold the Goldwing, so now I'm looking for a 63 1/2 Ford to spend the money on. :lol:

Arnold check your email. I found that 63 1/3 Ford.

Crosley.In.AZ

Received the box thursday , thanks a bunch.
Tony

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Beck"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Sold the Goldwing, so now I'm looking for a 63 1/2 Ford to spend the money on. :lol:

Phil check your email. I found that 63 1/3 Ford.

There, I fixed it for you.

thanks Tom.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

58 Yeoman

Received the box thursday , thanks a bunch.

Cool...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

I have been working the last two weeks on a 55 Chevy pickup, doing air ride all around. I had to re-engineer the whole rear suspension,there are no off the shelf parts that will work by just bolting them on to get the ride height he wants. So most of it is made from scratch. but I am having fun. :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.