What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

the day before the northridge earthquake i had brought home my big tanks to do some welding in the driveway.. when done i capped the O2.. but got distracted before i could remove the regulator on the other.  it was in my hall closet with my long hoses out across the living room ..  when the quake hit.. the ringing noises of the 2 tanks reminded me that the gas was still uncapped..  i rode out the quake holding them up and apart bouncing around in the closet doorway..

i still have a tiny MC tank with a turbo torch on it .. i don't even know where it is right now... i guess the search is on now..   you know you are in trouble with those when under a house and the flame goes out..

enjenjo

I picked up the rocker panel trim for my Buick today, I took them to a guy in Ft Wayne In  to polish. They look like new now. Then I went to Bontrangers Surplus to but some hardware, and some marker lights.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

I just returned from 3 days at the hospital 100 miles north of here.  My daughter had her water break on Friday and they stuck her in a hellicopter and flew her to Great Falls.  We drove up and as of Saturday, we are grandparents again.  Little Jonah is 11 weeks preme and weighed in at 3lbs 12oz.  He is doing well and we will be making the trip north for probably the next 2 months or so.  When we left it was 40degrees and clear, snowed late Friday, and the road was closed on Saturday, and not much better on Sunday.  Pretty good today, I screwed up and took the Caravan instead of my 4x4.  I will do better next time, just a bit flustered on Friday.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

Doug, I hope all goes well for your family. Jonah is one little dude. That's almost 3 months premature!
TEAM SMART

sirstude

Our daughter is doing well also.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

UGLY OLDS

Congrats Doug ...Happy to hear everybody is doing well ...  8)

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat rat

Congratulations Gramps!  How many does that make you?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

It's wonderful isn't it? Glad to hear both are doing well.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

sirstude

Quote from: "phat rat"Congratulations Gramps!  How many does that make you?

Three.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

GPster

Quote from: "sirstude"Little Jonah is 11 weeks preme and weighed in at 3lbs 12oz.  Doug
When he's a teen ager he will complain about his birthday being so close to Christmas and how he get's short changed on presents but if mom would have waited his birthday would have been closer to Valentine Day. Nice when they come and they're healthy and safe. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Had another fellow mention that it is hard to find a competent transmission builder in Australia for the older automatic  transmissions and drag race transmissions.

i told that fellow it was hard  for me to believe that no one down under could build popular  performance automatics or import rebuild  parts for the USA brand  race trans
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

As you have seen Tony ...It's now one of the "Dying Trades" ....GOOD trans builders are hard to find ... Parts replacers are everywhere .....

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Re-wired a couple circuits in my work shop.  Something I have planned on for 3 - 4 years.  Bought most of the parts & wire 3 years ago.

My tired ol body did not like the hunched over -  crawling in the attic

I may finish  that shop before I die .
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

39deluxe

That must be a disease. I have wire and parts for a few new circuits in the basement that have been laying around for a couple of years. We won't even talk about the laundry sink and plumbing parts that has been setting there in boxes for... oh, probably 15 years. There isn't enough room here for a list of my other projects that are stacked around just waiting their turn.

Tom

kb426

I spent the last couple of days working on the seat in the 32. I'm still a beginner at this and blind and senile. The previous version was white vinyl and black suede. I wasn't satisfied with what I had done or the way the suede was working. I bought ultraleather and went to work. It was really different to work with than the previous material so I got educated some. I'm not planning on another redo soon. :lol: There's some things that aren't perfect but I'm ready to drive my hot rod.
TEAM SMART