What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

My wednesday afternoon went bad.

See photos:

Intoxicated jackazz pulled out from a hotel parking lot in front of me.

Tire tracks on my right arm of jacket, helmet looks like tire scuffs on it too
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Crosley"My wednesday afternoon went bad.

See photos:

Yeah, Tony...that's why I'm putting mine up for sale this spring...too many people not paying attention.  You didn't get hurt, did you?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

Wow, a day glo jacket and a bright yellow bike. I hope he didn't say "I didn't see you". Glad you were wearing a helmet, they repealed the helmet law in Mi. last year and i still cringe when i see a guy on a bike without a helmet. I hope you faired better than the bike and i hope he's got some good insurance. Did he go to jail for DUI?

enjenjo

That same thing is what caused me to quit riding.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"

See photos:

Yeah, Tony...that's why I'm putting mine up for sale this spring...too many people not paying attention.  You didn't get hurt, did you?

I hurt in many places. I had gloves , jacket, helmet on. To simplify, only place I don't hurt is left leg and my back. Where tire ran over edge of the elbow is worse on inside and out. Cuts in many places on hands thru the gloves

* was arrested, refused breathalyzer, he failed field sobriety test. Blood was drawn from him.

Off work for today and Friday. Thanks
Tony

Arnold

Quote from: "enjenjo"That same thing is what caused me to quit riding.

I thought you said years ago that you quit riding..because

That W30 engine that you stuffed in your F250..
   was almost as fast in lo range as your 900 Kaw.. :twisted:

Arnold

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"

See photos:

I hurt in many places. I had gloves , jacket, helmet on. To simplify, only place I don't hurt is left leg and my back. Where tire ran over edge of the elbow is worse on inside and out. Cuts in many places on hands thru the gloves

* was arrested, refused breathalyzer, he failed field sobriety test. Blood was drawn from him.

Off work for today and Friday. Thanks

Too bad :cry: but real glad you are not worse :)

Very sadly..I very much doubt that they will EVER get drunks off the road :evil:

Up here..Ontario..seems when the economy goes down..more drinking problems. Then when it goes up..more drinking problems again. Go figure

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Yeah, Tony...that's why I'm putting mine up for sale this spring...too many people not paying attention.  You didn't get hurt, did you?

I do hear what you are saying.  I need to make a decision on the bike riding. I enjoy the ride so much, I can not describe it or imagine stopping.  

Daily commute via motorcycle may need to be out for me.  I use the bike since I can use the HOV lane.  Faster to get home.  Keeping the bike around for simple pleasure weekend  rides is too expensive.

At my age , and the mileage on my body from mechanical work, I may need to re-think my thinking on the motorcycle thing
Tony

Rrumbler

Been reading and catching up here; hard to believe I had not looked at this thread for a month.

Sorry to see you and your scoot got banged up, Tony; it does make one tend to re-think things a bit.  That is the reason I got off of two wheels many years ago: one too many accidents.  I still miss the wind in my face though and am constantly fighting the urge to get back in the wind, even with my (now) short leg and balance problems - three wheels is a real temptation, but the risk from inattentive cagers is still a hazard.  And, at my age, any owie takes a lot longer to get over.  Get well soon.

I have a couple of stud finders, and the oldest one, which I bought way back when they first came on the general market, is still the one I fall back on; I have gotten too many oopsies with the newer ones.  Of course, the old measuring tape, tapping on the wall, and poking a few "test" holes still works, too, but the patching is a pain in the tookus.

Glad to hear you got your roof patched up without any serious problems, Carnut, I would be like you if I had to get up on the roof, now.  I am not afraid of heights, heck, my career was heights - lineman and construction electrician; I built power lines and substations and switchyards.  But, I seem to have got broken somewhere along the way, and can't even walk in a straight line sometimes, now, and climbing a ladder is a test of will and fortitude.  Besides, falling hurts way too much to do it any more, and it takes way too long to get over it, too.

That is a right nice bit of sewing, there, KB426.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

purplepickup

Looks like the elbow protection in your jacket might have helped some...if you had it in.  

I just bought my first jacket with elbow, shoulder, & back armor last week and am shopping for a full coverage helmet.   I should have done it a long time ago for both the dirt and road bikes.

Hope you recover without complications...and the idiot in the suburban loses his patoot.
George

Charlie Chops 1940

Tony,

Glad you're okay - well, as okay as you get, anyway. It's a jungle out there these days...not much better in a cage. God knows I loved to ride motorcycles and for many years now bicycles have been my choice, but that is getting dicey too.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Beck

I used to watch out for the old grey hairs while driving. Now I am one and their watching out for me. It's a good thing too. My screw ups seem to happen more frequently.

Tony - I'm glad your able to be here to tell us about it. I wish you didn't have the boo-boos.

Charlie - I fell off of my bicycle last spring. I was just barely moving and couldn't get my feet unclipped from the pedals. Jammed by arm so hard the ball in my elbow split my arm bone. Like Tony, I will never be the same. Just one more nagging pain.

Charlie Chops 1940

That's not good Tom. I don't ride fast enough to need clips to keep my feet on the pedals...that's funny. I do have clips on the recumbent tadpole bike though; too much work to keep your feet from falling off.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Carnut

Well, not as exciting as Crosleys wreck, but for me extremely stressful, one of my webservers just died on me and I had to do a bunch of rearranging things and still had problems. Things at carnut.com will be limping along until I get new server setup.

Ordered a new replacement server and got it in two days.

Now for all the stress of seeing if I can setup and configure it again like the last one. Heh, heh, just noticed that my webserver that just died was 7yrs old. Guess I got my moneys worth out of it. I'll probably be hibernating until I get this working.

Since I don't do OS installs and software setups and configures except once in a blue moon, this is really hard on my diminishing brain cells.

Crosley.In.AZ

Had a fun inspection at doctors office. Coordination tests, strength pull - push tests, look in the eyes , ears.

It appears this very middle aged guy is healing OK from bouncing off a suburban.

I may post photo of my arm that was run over.  The bruise is quite impressive.  :shock:
Tony