What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Went to a local indoor Swap Meet yesterday. Was sponsored by a local club (W Va) "Country Roads A and T (not T and A) Club". It's mostly an old guy restorer's get together where they can sit around and enjoy each others company so it wouldn't be anyplace I could sell anything for the Crosley fund.  One guy did have an old Quadrajet clear on his back table (didn't want to be imbarassed by it) that I could have gotten for $20.00  but spending more money on that 4.3L V6 and donating it to the cause didn't appeal to me at the time. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Tony , do you have one of those high tech two piece bearings in that?

Each end has the roller ball bearings with race.

I need to machine the threaded end for the shaft seal, then re-assemble the box
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Dish washer quit. I don't think I need to tell you what I did for awhile today. :D
TEAM SMART

river1

Quote from: "kb426"Dish washer quit. I don't think I need to tell you what I did for awhile today. :D

washed dishes? maybe if you offer the dishwasher a raise she'll come back

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Dish washer quit. I don't think I need to tell you what I did for awhile today. :D

Washed Dish's ???   :lol:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Good answer Bob. We have to go to the next city that has anybody open on Sunday and see if we can find a new one. The choices were very limited but we were able to find a comparable unit to the one that quit. The connections were different so the 10 minute job turned into about 1 hour with a trip to buy parts to hook up the water supply line. Bottom line is it's completed but more than half the day was consumed.
TEAM SMART

Glen

I bought a new trailer and found that nobody makes a coupler lock for it.  I spoke with the dealer and several people in the business and everyone said to make one.

I copied someones idea and made one today.

the legs are 1" solid steel and have a hole in the bottom to accept the pad locks.  The plate is .500 thick and the stud in the center is a piece off of a motorcycle transmission coupler, its a hardened steel shaft.  Of course a thief could find a way to get it off, but i think it will slow down the average idiot.  I know they are not going to pry it off.

If you think your trailer lock is good, look at the videos on the website for mega-hitch lock, they have some demo's of themselves knocking trailer locks off.  

Crosley.In.AZ

Glen,  with the current list of battery powered grinders and cut off wheels available , thieves will cut one side of your lock pins, swing it open.

i am surprised the Mega lock folks did not use more battery powered tools, that would have been easy on the demo locks they used too.

I would suggest you add some "C" channels down the side of your lock to conceal the pins on the side , front and back. Also cover  some of the access to the  locks too. Of course you then have a 15 pound locking device
Tony

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"Glen,  with the current list of battery powered grinders and cut off wheels available , thieves will cut one side of your lock pins, swing it open.
I would suggest you add some "C" channels down the side of your lock to conceal the pins on the side , front and back. Also cover  some of the access to the  locks too. Of course you then have a 15 pound locking device

Good idea, i will add that the next time i have the trailer here at the house.  It is a 14 lb. lock now, so an extra pound isnt going to matter

idrivejunk

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteFitted and welded the rumble decklid skin Friday. Yep it used to be a five window.

Who made the windshield frame?

A man named Rick, at a local restoration shop. Started with half inch square tubing. Two guys did most of the fab and patchwork, and his stuff was much better than the other guy's. I am just shaping it all up for paint. But I may have to refine the door and quarter tops because the shape needs work, when viewed from the rear.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

The Craftsman electric garage door opener quit today.  Plastic gears inside  chewed up after 13 yrs..  odd though, this is the opener on the single width car door.

Guess i need to find a new garage door opener
Tony

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"The Craftsman electric garage door opener quit today.  Plastic gears inside  chewed up after 13 yrs..  odd though, this is the opener on the single width car door.

I think you can buy the platic gear, if i remember correctly, i replaced the gear on my craftsman door opener.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"
Quote from: "Crosley"The Craftsman electric garage door opener quit today.  Plastic gears inside  chewed up after 13 yrs..  odd though, this is the opener on the single width car door.

I think you can buy the platic gear, if i remember correctly, i replaced the gear on my craftsman door opener.

yuuup,  looked at Sears parts.  My opener's shaft / bearing for the chain sprocket seem to be trying to seize up, that would eggsplain the plastic driven gear is shredded.  38 bucks for the kit.

eBay has kits / parts too
Tony

midnight sun

Fitting and cutting emergency brake cables and eliminating leaks in the brake lines on the 48.  Did get the ZZ4 fired up a few days ago.  Sounds real strong.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Carnut

I've bought a couple of those garage door opener repair kits off ebay,

They easily installed for me and so far are working great.