What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Tried starting the 50 Chevy today. It has a Holley colander on it, and I couldn't keep the gas on the inside. I'll have another carb thursday.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carnut

You all bringing up the tinnitus thing, got me to thinking about it again.

The things I have tried to deal with it include adjusting TV audio settings to decrease base and increase treble. This helps a bit.

I also have been using some quality earphones awhile which also helps a lot, but I still think I have to work hard to get some of the voices, I may just be slow, not real sure.

So, I recently emailed some audio experts to see if any those 'in the business' have done anything to help with this problem outside of the general purpose hearing aides, or if there were any suggestions I haven't tried. Got back a rather emphatic no help.

So I thought about maybe some form of equalizer to adjust frequencies to get more better voice sounds. I still don't know what 'frequencies' should be adjusted which way, but I guess trial and error would work.

So I did a search specifically for a headphone/earphone equalizer.
About the only thing I could find was a KOSS Stereo Headphone EQ50 equalizer. Read some reviews on Amazon.com on the item and there seemed to be some positive reviews from folks looking for better voice or vocal sound discrimination and poorer reviews from music purists I think.

Heh, heh, unfortunately the equalizer is battery powered and on amazon.com kinda expensive at one listed for like $32.

Then I searched on ebay and found a deal for the equalizer in a pkg deal with some headphones and a splitter for $25 delivered so I jumped on it.

The ebay listing if interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230538883898&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1123

The equalizer is only 3 channels, but that's better than what my TV provides with just treble and bass adjustments.

Guess I'll see how it works.

Harry

I spent most of my working time installing elevators. Drilling holes in a concrete shaft is hard on the ears. WCB the Compensation Board supplies me with the small hearing aids. I used to miss a lot of conversations, especially the higher tone ones. Don't be shy, get hearing aids.
Also, from all that concrete dust from drilling, I have silicosis. Silicone in my lungs. But it's not life threatning.
On a good note, I'm getting ready to head south to Charlotte, NC. My son has tickets to the NASCAR race on Saturday. And...the seats are in Richard Childress' condo. Should be a good view from there.

39deluxe

Lucky dog. Can I go too? Be sure to get there in time to watch the Better Half Challenge. It looks to be a real hoot.

Tom

chimp koose

Txpayer you were looking for Essex doors? Kijiji Saskatoon ,classic cars section has a 26 sedan for sale for $300

chimp koose

We are hosting a conference for shop teachers at our school this weekend. Took a few guys to tour a local gear manufacturing plant today.Interesting to see such large scale work.

kb426

I'm trying to get a good game plan to paint 21 different parts on my Honda project where I have enough space for about 5. This shouldn't be a problem but the weather is about to change and it will be too cold to paint. I have bare metal parts all over the shop.
TEAM SMART

Carnut

I recently had a tire blowout on the front of my pickup while it was sitting in the garage. Guess Old Tires just don't like sitting.

So I spent the day today transferring the wheels and tires off my 89 Suburban to my Pickup. Suburban hasn't been tagged in awhile and I can't really afford new tires.

Heh, heh, did I paint the house to match my truck?

kb426

We've had some discussion about tires blowing out. Kinda scarey to think that age has more to do with it than mileage.
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

I picked up the u-bolts for my 8" rear end yesterday. Today I made some temporary lower plates to hold everything together and got the back end up on wheels for the first time since I tore the truck apart.

I had the u-bolts made extra long in case I need to run lowering blocks. I will be running different wheels & tires on the truck, these are too wide and have way too much backspace.

kb426

It was a great day weather wise. I got a few parts painted for the CB160.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

shopping trip to Wally World...  as usual I park out away from other vehicles

you can guess it,  we come out and a worn out truck is next to us with many empty spaces around.

I am starting to like Big Lots store too
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Little more progress today. It's about to get cold so painting will be waiting for next season.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Charging up a battery to try and start a truck I have stored at a friends place. Someone stole my wifes truck out of the driveway ....Again,...it happened 13 months ago the first time.

kb426

Is your wife's truck something interesting?
TEAM SMART