NSRA year change

Started by enjenjo, April 16, 2009, 09:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Centerline"
We've never met face to face but did I mention, I love you.  :wink:

Are you sure about that?  I do believe I remember you coming up to me in L'ville many, many years ago when "crap" was going down here on the RRT and introducing yourself to me.....at least they said they were you. :lol:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Centerline"After reading the replies to my question I believe I understand where the differences lie.    

Maybe its my military background but my views on things seem to be quite a bit more "conservative" than many of you.  Its pretty apparent to me at least that those of you who are defending the change have a much more liberal or easy going view of things.  Sometimes I almost wish I was capable of those same views, but it isn't in my nature.  I'm just not a Rodney King type of person.  

For now anyway, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree and wait to see if the NSRA survives.  Its been an interesting debate though.   :shock:

The only sure thing in this world is change. It's not a matter of Liberal or Conservative, beyond the fact that one usually embraces change and the other fights it. The fact is, the very possibility of change, changes things. Without change we would not be discussing this, no computers.

I neither expect or desire to change your opinion. I am just voicing mine. As  long as we can do that with mutual respect, we should be fine.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

gazza2947

hearing about the NSRA year cut-off changes has caused mixed feelings...

1. I'm a pre-48 guy.

2. I've only been to one nats - syracuse 1995 - had a great time there...

3. I've been hearing that the numbers at the nat's have been dropping off - more entrants arrive in motorhomes than rods, etc.

4. but maybe, just maybe, people that haven't been for a while may come I back in their 50's ride and leave the motorhome at home...

5. I am planning to go to 2010 nat's; and this won't deter me..

to a lot of us aussies, this is the mecca, and we all want to make the pilgrimage - some do it every year...
a hot rod doesn\'t need a roof; but it does need louvres...

Carps

Quote from: "gazza2947"5. I am planning to go to 2010 nat's; and this won't deter me.....
I'll be there, so make sure you look me up and say gudday.

How's that for the powerr of NSRA?  They can bring two blokes together from the same city, only halfway around the world from that city.   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Quote from: "Centerline"After reading the replies to my question I believe I understand where the differences lie.
That's great news.

Quote from: "enjenjo"The only sure thing in this world is change. It's not a matter of Liberal or Conservative, beyond the fact that one usually embraces change and the other fights it.
Hmm, as a conservative liberal, this could explain my problems.   :wink:

Quote from: "enjenjo"The fact is, the very possibility of change, changes things. Without change we would not be discussing this, no computers.
Something Im sure we've all observed is that when we are the initiators of change it is always for the best, but when someboduy else initiates change, especially without warning or seeking our approval, it is awlays wrong.

What I've learned is to give it a chance, regardless if I think it's good or bad, right or wrong.  Rarely does it turn out to be so bad/wrong I can't live with it.  Often, it does require me to be a little flexible and adapt to it.

QuoteI neither expect or desire to change your opinion. I am just voicing mine. As  long as we can do that with mutual respect, we should be fine.
I'm with Enjenjo, and if we each learn something from the discussion, then we are all better off for the time we've spent doing so.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

rx4ord

I hope you all enjoy seeing the VW Rabbits and late 70's airbagged Porches. Should be a real rodders dream. Dave
When I was young I went hard and fast.Now I\'m old I still go hard, only slower

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Centerline"
Now that you mention it.  I believe you're right.  Must be CRS again.

I guess I just didn't make that much of an impression  :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

alchevy

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Hi Al,
No I'm trying to figure out a way to go to Bonneville without a room and won't have the time or money to do both.

Your friend will enjoy the landscape in the sedan. There's not much room in those trucks.

Sometime when I get down your way I'll have to stop by for a visit.

That is what he has been looking for in a street rod is more room after building the truck.

When you decide to come South, I can set you up with several car shows to attend if you want to. If you come in March, there is something every weekend.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

phat rat

Maybe its my military background but my views on things seem to be quite a bit more "conservative" than many of you.  Its pretty apparent to me at least that those of you who are defending the change have a much more liberal or easy going view of things.  Sometimes I almost wish I was capable of those same views, but it isn't in my nature.  I'm just not a Rodney King type of person.  

For now anyway, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree and wait to see if the NSRA survives.  Its been an interesting debate though.   :shock:

I don't understand where you think this is a liberal/conservative thing. It's a simple matter that Vernon Walker OWNS the  NSRA. He can do whatever he chooses to do with his company, we are NOT stockholders that he has to answer to. You talk about not liking liars and bring up your military background. Does this mean you believe the service NEVER lied to you? Goodguys is the same way. Meadors doesn't have to answer to the car owners. Will Vernon later regret this decision? Maybe, but only time will tell. I think that some of the dire predictions are a little like Chicken Little hollering "The sky is falling"
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Flipper

Quote from: "gazza2947"
to a lot of us aussies, this is the mecca, and we all want to make the pilgrimage - some do it every year...

A lot of us over here in the USA feel the same way.

Allowing 1980 cars in the show is the equivalent of bulldozing significant religious sites and building a new shopping mall to attract more visitors.

Just for spite, I may show up in the wife's 1974 VW Bug next year.

papastoyss

Quote from: "phat rat"

I don't understand where you think this is a liberal/conservative thing. It's a simple matter that Vernon Walker OWNS the  NSRA. He can do whatever he chooses to do with his company, we are NOT stockholders that he has to answer to. You talk about not liking liars and bring up your military background. Does this mean you believe the service NEVER lied to you? Goodguys is the same way. Meadors doesn't have to answer to the car owners. Will Vernon later regret this decision? Maybe, but only time will tell. I think that some of the dire predictions are a little like Chicken Little hollering "The sky is falling"
I have already voiced my opposition to the change & will also do so at the Nats. I realize NSRA needed to make a change to survive long term. The problem was made much worse by Mr. Walker's insistence that "98% of members were in favor"& adopting the 30 year rule instead of adding 50s & 60s cars to the mix. (See boiling frog theory) . Now it's up to NSRA to keep the frog in the pot. I live 3hrs. from Louisville & will continue to attend the Nats as long as it seems worth my time & $. I do tire quickly of Pro Touring 69 Camaro's though. Let's all go & enjoy the last REAL Street Rod Nationals.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "phat rat"
I think that some of the dire predictions are a little like Chicken Little hollering "The sky is falling"

phat rat - You're my hero!!!

Let's take this discussion down a little different road.

I attended Milwaukee all 3 years. Yes I was a little apprehensive the first year, but I have to tell you I enjoyed all 3 shows. The late models didn't detract from the show at all.

I know Jack has gone to Tampa - so my question has two parts: (1) has anybody else went to any of the shows that already accept the late models? and (2) What did you think?

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Carnut

N.C. I haven't been to any NSRA combined shows, but I have been to Goodguys and other local shows with open entry and I've never felt the same at them as I have at traditional NSRA shows.

There is definitely a difference in atmosphere when later models show up.

Heck I always disliked seeing late model law enforcement, vendor vehicles, and privileged character vehicles getting into NSRA shows in the past.

Course the first time I saw a CnC car show up at an NSRA show I thought things were changing for the worse.

And I guess I have learned in my own life that change ain't always good.

enjenjo

QuoteThose who feel that Mr. Walker didn't lie or did lie but have no problem with it, and those of us who believe he did lie and do have a problem with it. It's pretty much that simple.

When i was a child, my parents told me a story about Santa Claus. I know now that the story was completely untrue. But I still don't think they lied to me.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

Quote from: "rx4ord"I hope you all enjoy seeing the VW Rabbits and late 70's airbagged Porches. Should be a real rodders dream. Dave

yep, an air-bagged porshe is SO much different than a air-bagged pre-48 anything.....

i'm having enough trouble justifying nhra membership and honestly, i'd rather go to a godguys show than an nsra show...
goodguys is 15 miles from me and i don't go;)

so i guess it don't make a sheet deeference to me one way or another..
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list